+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real World: Cancun

Re: The Real World: Cancun

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3498812;
    Exactly. Just like on ANTM where I wish they would get an asian girl that could actually win. They've only had 3 on 12 seasons They did have April and she came close but didn't quite get there. I think that April, Gina and Sheena were all mixed too...
    April was the only mixed one. Well at least ANTM has a reason for their lack of Asian girls since there are not many who are tall. I'm sure there will be plenty of them when Cycle 13 aka the Shortie Cycle comes along.

But what excuse does the casting directors of the RW have? I'm sure there have been a handful of Asian males who were interesting enough to be on the show.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I think part of that is they not only have to cast people who are interesting, but they have to cast people who will work well together, or be so diametrically opposed to each other (ie: a far-right gun lover and a gay rights activist, fur lover and a vegan, etc)-they are trying to create a good program, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were maybe some that got to the final round of castings but not to the show.

Speaking of which, I have been thinking about maybe trying out for the show.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3496147;
    We always have Yul from Survivor Except I watched a where are they now show on the Survivor winners and they showed him planning his wedding I wanted him to marry me!!!!!!!!

You need to try out then. I love asian men
    If I was in a challenge I would want Yauman on my team. He is amazing.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3502557;
    If I was in a challenge I would want Yauman on my team. He is amazing.
    OT but I actually thought Yauman was annoying but I agree that he was a great competitor. Yul was the total package in a Survivor contestant and he was hot to boot!
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

There's a preview of the premiere up on the site. There are also two trailers of the whole season on there. I gotta say, I'm getting excited for this season!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Newbie

Hopefully there'll be more drama on this season...
    I liked almost everyone on RW: Brooklyn but honestly it was pretty LAME if you're like me and you only watch it to see people fighting/hooking up. all they did on this season was talk thru their problems= not very interesting to watch
    it's reality tv - time to let your fists do the talking

I'm the opposite. I watch RW to see real people dealing with real things, not fighting/hooking up/getting drunk. Sure, Brooklyn had a lot of unlikeable people to me, but at the same time you didn't see them out partying. Granted, it's more expected since they're in one of the big party cities in the world. But I liked to see them doing their own things.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI

I'm with you Trista. I enjoy seeing people deal with real things like real honest to goodness job hunting (not staged jobs), dealing with finding money to eat, interpersonal relationships with people different than them etc. I live in the real world not MTV's version of it and in my real world there are real bills that have to be paid, there were real college classes I had to pass, real jobs I had to work that weren't glamorous and you could get fired from because of poor choices, and I certainly couldn't party and screw everything that walked past me without some very real consequences like STI's, pregnancy, overdosing, long term damage to my body from hard partying all the time...

My favorite seasons were those where the cast had to find jobs to subsist basically. It wasn't a free ride in party central. And I worry about the generations of people watching these hot messes now thinking that is what the real world is actually like (and there are teens and tweens that do think that I have had to work with them).

Yes, and it's back to getting eye candy. I know a lot of people complained about Brooklyn not having any super-stunning people, but that just makes things so much more realistic. I never saw the first four seasons, when they had to get their own jobs, but last season definitely dealt with a lot more realities and that's what kept me coming in.

I think the show that's been more dangerous for the teens, in a way, is My Super Sweet 16. It's not airing as regularly now but at the same time, just watching the episodes as the show went on was a case of "Whoa". Some of the kids are just so entitled, and if the kids and teens see only that, they're going to start to think that they can be that way. I look at how I was when I was a teenager, and let me tell you: I was downright rotten at times (I dealt with emotional issues, though). However some of the kids these days make me look like I was a prim and proper lady.

I think that sweet 16 show is damaging too. But I end up dealing with the kids that see the partying and absolutely no responsibility on the real world and want to emulate that stuff. You get kids who have kind of a sheltered life and they see that stuff and think that's how it is.

The only real reason to have super hot people on a show like this is the better chance for super hot sex.

+ Reply to Thread