+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The Real World: Cancun

Re: The Real World: Cancun

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3575685;
    hmmmmm . . . . i didn't get that at all from jonna. i think the other girls did isolate her bc she was hanging out w the guys. they were having a gay old time talking abt how they were excluding her from the girls' night out. i think they were just jealous. she didn't start woe is me-ing until they excluded her like that, and i mean who wouldn't feel that way?
    I stand by my opinion based on the first few episodes. I understand what you're saying regarding the bolded but she should take responsibility for that because it was she that alienated herself from them first. She may not have understood at the time but it was really on her and not the other girls. I know I probably wouldn't hang out with her either if she ignored me and just hung out with the guys. I do actually like her now because she has opened up more to the girls and she seems really sweet (except her piercings freak me out ). I think that she is not trying to cheat on her boyfriend but I think that she is one of those girls who is very needy and needs constant affection from guys and since her boyfriend is not around she just hangs all over whatever guy happens to be convenient. I'm not sure she really understands that she's sending mixed signals and her behavior seems selfish but I think it's more self absorbed. As for Joey, I think that (as one poster stated) that he probably has a lot of hurt and anger over something (most likely a woman or mother figure maybe that hurt him) and seems to mistrust women and he certainly doesn't have any respect for women. However, regardless of his issues, I think that he is a very mean, cruel person as well as being very immature and ignorant. I'm hoping that he will grow out of this by the time he is 30. Sadly, his earlobes will probably never grow back correctly. I see the piercings and the earlobe stretchers as a form of self mutilation. I'm sure there are those on this board that have done this or know those who have that will not agree with me. Even if it is not self mutilation, I'm sure that it is one of those things that most will regret when they get older but can no longer do anything about because the damage to their body has been done. You could say the same about tattoos but I don't have a problem with those. I do think Joey's tattoos are ugly though. Especially the spiderweb thing on his neck ICK!!!! I'm just saying that I have a really hard time looking at him without being repulsed. The one on his lip just makes me sick because I think of all the bacterial infections and that is so gross to me. Anyway, this is probably a dumb thing to fixate on but I assure you that it has nothing to do with my dislike of him because there are plenty of people with ugly tattoos and piercings even worse than his that I have found quite charming. I don't like him because I think he is an ugly person on the inside.
    Last edited by stacerace; 08-01-2009 at 03:30 AM.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Like Jonna said Matt predicted this would happen.

I don't get the feeling Matt is insecure or needy. I think he knows his own girlfriend. She likes to flirt, she's on the real world, people are known for cheating on the show and there will be hot guys left and right because of the show. That combination is not good at all! Now realize he has to think about that everyday for at least 3 months and his actions makes sense. Is he a cut guy, no. Does he have the 6 pack and muscles like CJ does, no. But he must have some kind of game to land Jonna. I mean she did sleep around like Derek said then stopped for him.

I had a friend in college who had a boyfriend but he went to school a state away so they would just see each other on weekends. She loved him but still she flirted with other guys and well cheated but never told. When they were together nothing in the world seem to matter to her except him. It's just that she needed the attention while he was not around. Is it right, no. But it is what it is. That relationship last 4 years before it ended. Of course she got bored and moved on. Maybe that is what might happen here.

Im not saying she was justified in having that guy in her bed on Wednesday's episode, cause it was wrong and I would be very mad if that was my girl, but I understand what was going on in her head.

I haven't watched this and just read about it here. But I can honestly say I'm one of those people that will more than likely hang out with the guys and then if the girls sit there and do stuff purposely to exclude me it will justify why I'm hanging out with the guys in my mind. I've had enough bad experiences in work places and schools with catty women that I tend to not want to be around women in general anymore because of the childish, cruel games they have the potential to play.

Her comfort zone might just be men and that's ok. But then she needs to be adult about it and act more mature than the little girls playing their little games.

Watching the real world dailies and man does Jasmine come off as a little desperate when it comes to Pat. He's totally hot, but he's banging Amanda. One of the dailies they posted today, Derek and Pat are talking about Jasmine. Derek is drunk and trying to have this convo with him is funny because he's got his hands all over Pat. But Derek says that he can tell Jasmine is smothering him by the way he acts. He also mentions something about Jonna, don't know what that was all about.

FORT Fanatic

what the hell is wrong with MTV?! they spoiled the recent Gauntlet with a commercial saying YAY winner 10 minutes into the show.

just now there was a commercial on MTV about the after show and mark the host basically TELLS YOU how the episode ends. thanks MTV. thanks for being so lame as to give out spoilers during a brand new episode about said brand new episode.

-__-

Yeah, i just noticed that. Sheesh!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fanatic

Or the aftershow can have even more spoilers.

why do i do this to myself?

FORT Fogey

Jonna is a nasty person. Jasmine, for sure, was going wayy overboard, but that doesn't give Jonna license to be awful. She was even worse on the After Show. She's just a mean, mean girl, and she's not that pretty.

Pat's so not even worth it, clearly. Poor Jasmine. I know what it's like to be caught up over a guy, for whatever reason. It's no fun.

I was actually kind of sad to see Joey go home. How he behaved towards Aiiya was awful, but other than that I actually kind of liked him. They were kind of awful about it to. To give him a plane ticket and then try to talk to him?? Seriously, if you're not going to change it, there's no point in discussing it anymore except to make yourself look better on TV.

I only saw bits and pieces of that, but it's really low of them to give him the ticket and then try and talk to him. I was glad that he got sent home for the sole reason that they are there to do a job and he already had strikes on his record, and if you don't show up for shifts you lose your job. Simple as that. It's how it works in "the real world".
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

I felt the same way about how they were trying to talk to Joey after handing him the plane ticket home. I mean really what would be the point. Pat is a loser, he should have been man enough to tell Jasmine he wasn't interested instead of allowing her to make a fool of herself on national television. But than again Jasmine should have known she was wasting her time since Pat has been sleeping with Amanda the whole time she's trying to hookup with him. Sad to see Joey go, but who the heck is going to hear that dinky alarm go off. Doesn't the hotel make wakeup calls? Hope they don't try to bring someone new in with so little time left in the season. Jonna is starting to look a little shady. The part where she said she wanted to get Pat away from Jasmine was bad, but there was more said after that between them. Watching the dailies you get to see the whole scene, and Pat mentions the date him and Jonna are going on. Shady! Guess that what they were talking about in the club about Thai something or other and burritos.

+ Reply to Thread