+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The Real World: Cancun

Re: The Real World: Cancun

i agree. and that whiny squeeky voice she uses when she's flirting is just plain annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3625385;
    Jonna is ridiculous. She's soooo loyal to her boyfriend and she's assuring him she won't cheat on him and stuff and telling him he worries too much and then she lets some other guy sleep in her bed! I think that's worse than meaningless sex to tell you the truth. If my boyfriend were on the Real World and he got drunk and hooked up with some chick and then sent her packing as soon as they were.... ahem... finished I'd be furious, but if he'd never done it before I could MAYBE forgive him, but to have someone share your bed cuz you just want to be close to them is way more intimate than a random hookup, and could be way more hurtful.

FORT Fogey

And the worst part was that she knew it was wrong all along but did it anyway.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Jonna is a master sexual manipulator and wants to have men groveling over her. It must really make her feel good having a little boy who thinks she hung the moon. Why else would she be with him...a guy who begs and whines and moans like a puppy dog? She's got her own head issues.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Boring episode. I can count two episodes this season that have bored me, and you know what they had in common? A lack of Ayiiia. The girl is this season.

Puck really isn't as bad as Joey. At least Puck didn't make comments like, "I was wondering if you had a knife." But Puck was on this show when reality shows were still new, so it's understandable to think he's such a vile human being. But his words are harmless compared to Joey's. The only action of Puck's that was truly infamous was the finger-in-the-peanut-butter. I watched that season fairly recently, and I remember the only time when I was truly disgusted by his words was when he said something to Cory. I can't remember what he said though... I think it was about how she didn't talk to him anymore.

In all honestly, I think it was a little much for Pedro to ask for him gone. It wasn't even because he put his life in danger, it was because he didn't get along with him. He never laid his hands on him, he only used his words (and his finger). Nowadays, the only time the other castmembers have a choice of whether or not a person should go home is when that person physically attacks a person. So why does Pedro get to send someone home just because he's annoyed by someone? I don't know, I'd like to think that it's because the show was still new at the time, so Murray/Bunim were still working out the kinks.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Or maybe it's because the line between what is okay and what is not has become so blurred by what makes good TV that producers are willing to allow all sorts of abuse and terrible things to be said to get ratings, and the only line they really can't cross is physical injury.

It seems almost backward to me. In the long run, what's more damaging, a black eye or the constant cruelty Aiiya is suffering at the hands of Joey? I'm sure she'd rather have the black eye. I get that it's way more unsafe to have someone who's a loose cannon physically in the house, but it's equally damaging to have someone who's as poisonous as Joey.

Speaking of whom, that kid needs some help of his own. He's clearly hiding something, something had to make him this way. It's such a shame cuz he's obviously bright and physically the most attractive one in the house, and when it comes to anyone besides Aiiya he seems to not be a total jerk, like with Jasmine, who is adorable.

I didn't think Matt was that whiny. I think we have to remember that he was talking to his girlfriend, someone he should be able to trust and confide in. Besides, he's probably seen the show. If I had a significant other there, I'd be worried too.

I really really like Jasmine and Emily, they seem like very nice girls.
    Last edited by tears.and.rain; 07-31-2009 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3627558;
    Or maybe it's because the line between what is okay and what is not has become so blurred by what makes good TV that producers are willing to allow all sorts of abuse and terrible things to be said to get ratings, and the only line they really can't cross is physical injury.

It seems almost backward to me. In the long run, what's more damaging, a black eye or the constant cruelty Aiiya is suffering at the hands of Joey? I'm sure she'd rather have the black eye. I get that it's way more unsafe to have someone who's a loose cannon physically in the house, but it's equally damaging to have someone who's as poisonous as Joey.
    True, true.

And like I said, reality TV was still so new back then. Nowadays, you see a bunch of people on any reality show that would make Puck look like a chump. If the producers of any show were to send home people just for verbal abuse, then who would they have left? Practically no one.

Take a look at last season, Brooklyn. Practically everyone was shouting at each other, annoying each other. If the same rules of 1994 were still in play today, then the only person left would have been Baya. Because pretty much, Pedro decided to send Puck home because he couldn't stand him anymore. None of the Brooklyn cast could stand each other anymore by the end of it, and so if they were able to send each other home like Pedro was able to send Puck home, then that house would have been empty.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Matt is so insecure and clingy.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3627558;
    Speaking of whom, that kid needs some help of his own. He's clearly hiding something, something had to make him this way. It's such a shame cuz he's obviously bright and physically the most attractive one in the house, and when it comes to anyone besides Aiiya he seems to not be a total jerk, like with Jasmine, who is adorable.
    please stop me if im wrong, but maybe Joey really does like Aiiya and this is the only way he knows how to show it. I think i am going a little far but i dont know what it is about her that sets him off. Maybe she said or did something that the cameras didnt pick up on, or maybe she reminds him of an ex he was once in love with. Even though he told Jasmine he was player. Or maybe Aiiya reminds him of one of his sisters (he doesnt mention family much only his momma), and or maybe it stems from her just being there at the wrong time the frist time he wanted to let off steam, and now is the easy target b/c he got so close to the others in the house when he was belitting Aiiya.
    He may have some Daddy issues to work out. Thats what i thought about b/c he is so close with his mom and never once mentions his dad or anything of the sort. So...that could be another reason, and maybe she was just a lone sheep and easy to pick on.
    If I were sand and you were oceans,
    The moon would be why you're pulled to me.

I had this huge post all posted up and hit submit and it didnt take. So its gone now but in short. I liked the epiosde. I think Joey was given a second chance when he didnt deserve one, he wasnt sick. He just didnt want to go to work. Hes a lazy, [mod edit]. He didnt even sound upset or mad that he may lose his job, he was just like "cut the drama and tell me whats going on' and when he got his second chance he pretty much was like 'okay thanks bye' not apologizing more, and or really thanking Christina. If he likes Cancun so much then he may have to do a job he hates. Comes with the territory, if you dont like it, leave.

About Jonna, she is a very nice, loveable girl. Shes pretty, and easy to get along with. Matt is very clingy and insecure and shes willing to deal with that. I think her choice to bring home Kirk and let him spend the night was wrong, and she thought the same thing, but didnt wanna be a bitch which i can understand, and im glad she picked up on that before anything got to involved. But if i were Matt and saw my GF flirting and cuddling with other girls, id be pissed. It isnt cheating but like she said, she wouldnt like to see Matt doing it either. So if thats the case then DONT DO IT. I think she needs to calm it down a bit b/c i think she will end up cheating on Matt if she doesnt put the breaks on.

my rambling is done now.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 07-31-2009 at 09:58 AM.
    If I were sand and you were oceans,
    The moon would be why you're pulled to me.

Exactly, this isn't the first time the roommates have hated their jobs, but it's good that they are making them work. He needs to learn that the job is one of the payoffs for living in that hotel suite.

As for Jonna, if I were her BF I would seriously be thisclose to breaking up with her. Granted, there are some insecurities, but at the same time she is being way, way, way too flirty, and if you're in a relationship with some sort of "promise jewelry" I think flirting at any time with anyone other than your SO is a huge no-no.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

+ Reply to Thread