+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taking the Stage

Taking the Stage

New show on MTV about high school students at an elite performing arts school.

It is really good!

Re: Taking the Stage

I've watched three episodes now and really like the show. The kids are quite talented.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

I am wondering what will happen with the new guy and Mia... I hope he goes for it (even if it is 'player-like') because Jasmine seems kind of boring.

I also expect to see some of these people in upcoming seasons of SYTYCD and AI.

i'm liking this show so far too!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What really kills me about people with serious plans and directions and dreams of greatness is how they get derailed by boyfriends/girlfriends. I know that most everybody has to go through that "sweetheart period" and that it is an important part of their development, but that is exactly the kind of thing that can get in your way and take your eye off the prize. I really want to slap Tyler for flitting between Mia and Jasmine...and Jasmine is letting it mess her up. Easier to walk her path alone than to put up with constant derailment by jealousies. When Tyler was dancing with Jamine in the dance room (shortly before 'The Nutcracker'), and dropped her !!! That could have caused serious injury, and it wasn't funny. He did it intentionally, and then laughed. That should have been her cue to put some serious distance between them. That was, actually, abusive. I know they are young, but they are not good together. And, before 'The Nutcracker' performance, I would have preferred to have seen that access to the performers be denied. Mia's presence was distracting and malicious. She never should have been back there. I was glad when Tyler fell out of his step and crashed into the tree. He deserved every bit of that. I would say "Teenagers!",but it's not just a teen thing. Until you get on your feet, professionally, I think that relationships only serve to get in your way and take your mind off what you SHOULD be concentrating on. The relationships will be there when you get to a point where you can afford the distraction and, if it's not, then it wasn't the one for you in the first place.

I think this everytime I watch a season of ANTM, when some girl comes on there with a boyfriend back home. The back-home jealousy thing kicks in, and it's usually chaos, and it affects her ability to perform. When people are serious about moving on with their professional lives, it's never easy for the one that's left behind...who is usually not on the contestant's same level, anyway.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The preview for next week shows Aaron getting kicked out of school!!! boo!

Why doesn't Tyler just go ahead and break-up with Jasmine and hook-up with Mia, it is pretty obvious that is what he wants...

Tyler doesn't know what the heck he wants!

Last night was the first time I've seen the show. I really liked Mia's performance of "Heartless" last night. I'll have to catch up on past episodes to see what going on. Does Aaron look familiar to anyone else, like from a movie or tv show?

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;3431496;
    Last night was the first time I've seen the show. I really liked Mia's performance of "Heartless" last night. I'll have to catch up on past episodes to see what going on. Does Aaron look familiar to anyone else, like from a movie or tv show?
    I really liked Mia's version of "Heartless", as well. She's super-talented.

I don't know Aaron from anything, but who knows.

I wish Mia would forget about Tyler, he is such a player...and she needs to be with Aaron (he just seems so precious).

Jasmine seems kinda petty...or maybe it is just the edit?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast