+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taking the Stage

FORT Fogey

Re: Taking the Stage

Quote Originally Posted by Retsin1;3444204;
    I live near Cincinnati and the TV reporter for the Cincinnati Enquirer said they are still filming at the school until graduation so possibly there's another season coming up. I hope so. I want to know what happens to them, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3444999;
    Me too! Please keep us updated if you hear anything else.

(I am thinking, though, that they will get the 'end' of these people and then introduce a few new ones for 'next' season in a big episode covering graduation/the new people. Then, the new season will feature a new crop of talent and probably Tyler (who will still be there, as will Mia, since she hasn't gotten signed and we haven't heard about any other plans (maybe)).
    Did you guys watch the 'Graduation' special, and the new 'Auditions' episode? I like this series, and it doesn't hurt that Cincy isn't that far from me. The only thing that kind of bothered me with the 'Auditions' episode was it was pretty clear most of the new students are there b/c of the tv exposure. Guess it was inevitable, though. The new students seem to be interesting, and from the previews, it's looks like a good season ahead.

FORT Fogey

I don't know if I am too excited about this new season. The last season had a lot of talent. This season doesn't seem as talented. And the cast is really different this year. They seem to be a little bit more dorky and less confident. I liked that the other cast knew how good they were. Even though there was a lot of drama last season, there was also a lot of dancing and singing. I don't think I want to see these kids dance or hear them sing. It is bound to be more about drama.

FORT Fogey

The premiere was last night.

Carlton's dance routine was very self-centered. I think he may have been the worst in the group. Maybe it was his height. Brunette Emily is kind of charming. She isn't the most talented but I think her charm will make up for that. Adam and Blonde Emily are probably the only really talented newcomers. I like them both. The other blond is just there because she's really tan and really pretty. Tyler is still Tyler. I love Mia but it is strange that she is still on the show. Ian, the rapper... we'll see.
    Also, does anyone find it a bit fishy that it looks like the school is 75% black or more but the cast is made up of mostly attractive white kids? That's a bit odd. A lot of them seem to be inner city kids too. Some of this cast have nice, big houses. If you notice, on the website there are 3 more students featured. Aris, Kayla, and Kenneth. (Yes, they are all black). But it looks like they were added to the cast later and perhaps that is why they have not been featured yet. Aris was in this episode. But he just wasn't featured.

Here's a good article about why they chose those kids written by the TV critic for the local Cincinnati paper. I didn't read all of it but apparently, the regular SCPA students didn't have really good back stories.

Cincinnati.Com | Cincinnati Enquirer | TV and Media Blog Why MTV Cast Newcomers Over SCPA Kids For Taking the Stage

FORT Fogey

Thanks for that article. I don't know if I agree with their explanation. Last year's cast was a lot of fun to watch. I don't know if it is necessary for everyone to be new. It is like a cast full of underdogs. Too many underdogs. Plus, the kids last season were so talented. I know the people at MTV claim that this group is more talented. I disagree. The new kids are at a bit of a deficit. But maybe the 3 seniors (that have yet to be featured) is where all the talent comes from.
    I guess these new kids are plants.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Can't stand Tyler. Didn't like him last year, and it seems to be carrying over. I think we've got to give the new students time to grow on us. Mostly, I think they just show signs of being extremely new.

I watched this show last Saturday, and can't remember this Aris person. Guess I have to give it another looik.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3444999;
    (I am thinking, though, that they will get the 'end' of these people and then introduce a few new ones for 'next' season in a big episode covering graduation/the new people. Then, the new season will feature a new crop of talent and probably Tyler (who will still be there, as will Mia, since she hasn't gotten signed and we haven't heard about any other plans (maybe)).
    Wow, did I call that or what? MTV should be hiring me!

Anyhow, I really, really like this show. I think Mia is the most talented individual we have seen to date and I am kind of shocked that she has not been signed by a record company yet. I wonder if we will ever see any of these singers/dancers audition for SYTYCD or AI? It seems like another good platform--and they would have previous exposure (if they are allowed to audition).

From the auditions I don't think this new cast is nearly as talented as last year--seems that only Adam and Emily (blonde dancer) bring a tremendous amount of raw, natural talent to the table.

Thoughts?

Is no one watching this season ?

i am. i don't like it as much as last season tho. tyler is very annoying - a whiny brat.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3844748;
    Is no one watching this season ?

FORT Fogey

Yeah. This season is very staged. At least the students weren't manufactured last year. These kids were brought in and it seems like they are forced to hang out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast