+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 296

Thread: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Duel 2

  1. #141
    FoRT Lurker CrossingGuard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area / Boston
    Age
    21
    Posts
    5,836

    Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Duel 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron2005;3417535;
    I thought it was Battle of the Sexes 2 where the veterans vs rookies thing first started.
    I'll trust your word on it.

    I guess my memory's fading. But I think the reason I don't remember much from BOTS2 is because I didn't pay that much attention to it. I watched the whole season half-heartedly since it wasn't that great. All I remember from it was that Arissa sucked, and Mark threw the last challenge so that his best friend Eric would get to the end.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

  2. #142
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    427

    Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Duel 2

    Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3417583;
    I'll trust your word on it.

    I guess my memory's fading. But I think the reason I don't remember much from BOTS2 is because I didn't pay that much attention to it. I watched the whole season half-heartedly since it wasn't that great. All I remember from it was that Arissa sucked, and Mark threw the last challenge so that his best friend Eric would get to the end.
    Yeah, pretty much. But some of the new girls (like Robin, Cameran, Ibis, Angela) felt that the veterans (like Coral, Rachel, Veronica) were acting like they were better than the newbies because they had done a couple of challenges. It was somewhat of an issue on the guys team as well, but only 3 guys left feeling like they got cheated and they were Adam, Derrick, & Brad

  3. #143
    FORT Fanatic Ace Medallion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    449

    Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Duel 2

    Battle of The Sexes 2 was where it started but it was during Fresh Meat where they were the most blatant about it. Before Fresh Meat it happened but nobody really spoke out about it or came out and said "Get the newbies!". It was during Fresh Meat for the first time they just straight up said "Austin is the newest cast, they gotta go first".

  4. #144
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    427

    Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Duel 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Medallion;3417909;
    Battle of The Sexes 2 was where it started but it was during Fresh Meat where they were the most blatant about it. Before Fresh Meat it happened but nobody really spoke out about it or came out and said "Get the newbies!". It was during Fresh Meat for the first time they just straight up said "Austin is the newest cast, they gotta go first".
    Yeah, that's true. On the challenges between BOTS2 & Fresh Meat (Inferno 2 & Gauntlet 2), it wasn't an issue. Austin was instantly targeted on Fresh Meat & the same thing happened to Key West on Duel 1

  5. #145
    FoRT Lurker CrossingGuard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area / Boston
    Age
    21
    Posts
    5,836

    Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Duel 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron2005;3417924;
    Yeah, that's true. On the challenges between BOTS2 & Fresh Meat (Inferno 2 & Gauntlet 2), it wasn't an issue. Austin was instantly targeted on Fresh Meat & the same thing happened to Key West on Duel 1
    Maybe the teams being separated on the Gauntlet II led into the social rivalry between the vets and the rooks on Fresh Meat?

    It's either that, or Austin was just that repulsive. Although I'm pretty sure that Wes & Johanna were considered not that bad in the others' eyes. But then again, I know that most of the cast members have something against Danny & Melinda.

    Whatever the reason was, it all led to the downfall of the RW/RR Challenge.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

  6. #146
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,343

    Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Duel 2

    Unless you win a challenge there is a chance you will either be picked last or be chosen by the last picked to go into the duel. Instead of wasting all this mental energy can't people just chill. MJ was just a total ass in how he responded and blamed Paula. He is also a bit of a coward by choosing Ryan as his dueling partner. Yeah, lets all pick on the shorter, smaller gay guy. He is an easy target and lets not forget that MJ outweighs Ryan by about 60 or 80 lbs. Hope MJ goes home soon.
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 04-19-2009 at 02:47 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  7. #147
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Duel 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3418021;
    Unless you win a challenge there is a chance you will either be picked last or be chosen by the last picked to go into the duel. Instead of wasting all this mental energy can't people just chill. MJ was just a total ass in how he responded and blamed Paula. He is also a bit of a coward by choosing Ryan as his dueling partner. Yeah, lets all pick on the shorter, smaller gay guy. He is an easy target and lets not forget that MJ outweighs Ryan by about 60 or 80 lbs. Hope MJ goes home soon.
    This is exactly how I feel. Just let things fall as they may and if you get picked last or get called into the Duel, win.

    All this pouring over the picking order is stupid.
    It was pretty obvious MJ would call out Ryan, although I don't think Ryan being gay had anything to do with it.
    If there was another guy there who was equal in stature and physical ability to Ryan, but straight I don't think Ryan being gay would have been MJ's tie-breaker.
    I don't know of course, just me opinion.
    Ryan should have expected to have been called out every time since Adam was kicked off as he's the smallest guy.
    He can't really complain considering the week before he called out Nick when he knew Nick was nursing a hand injury.
    You call out the person you think you have the best chance of beating.

    The hypocrisy is stunning.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  8. #148
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    427

    Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Duel 2

    Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3418112;
    Ryan should have expected to have been called out every time since Adam was kicked off as he's the smallest guy.
    He can't really complain considering the week before he called out Nick when he knew Nick was nursing a hand injury.
    You call out the person you think you have the best chance of beating.
    Yet, Ryan claimed that he picked Nick because he's new. Then thought that he did something really significant when he sent him home.

  9. #149
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,343

    Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Duel 2

    Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3418112;
    This is exactly how I feel. Just let things fall as they may and if you get picked last or get called into the Duel, win.

    All this pouring over the picking order is stupid.
    It was pretty obvious MJ would call out Ryan, although I don't think Ryan being gay had anything to do with it.
    If there was another guy there who was equal in stature and physical ability to Ryan, but straight I don't think Ryan being gay would have been MJ's tie-breaker.
    I don't know of course, just me opinion.
    Ryan should have expected to have been called out every time since Adam was kicked off as he's the smallest guy.
    He can't really complain considering the week before he called out Nick when he knew Nick was nursing a hand injury.
    You call out the person you think you have the best chance of beating.

    The hypocrisy is stunning.
    I just described Ryan as gay, I do not think his gender preference has anything to do with his being picked for the duel by MJ. Ryan is physically the smallest guy and that is why he is being picked. Now if only Ryan could get Derek to train him and develop a "kill all opponents" persona and ferocity then I think maybe he could get picked less. Same thing goes for Eric "Big Easy" no one picks him to duel against 'cause he weighs 100lbs more then anyone else not because he is a better athlete then the others, his last challenge performance proved that. The guys are just afraid he will sit on their faces and smother them to death.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  10. #150
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,285

    Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Duel 2

    There are so few guys that seem to be allowed as potential opponents it is ridiculous. I would have picked Brad. He has an in with the big guys, but is the smallest of the elite that think they are entitled. Derek and Eric are huge guys, and to me if I was the rookies I would purposely try and get them to go after Landon or Brad to get rid of them. There are way more rookies than veterans this go around, and if they do not step it up, Brad, Mark, and Landon will waltz to the finals like they do every time they are on especially Mark.

    As far as MJ picking Ryan, I think size and state of mind had a lot to do with it. Ryan just like Nick the previous time knew they were a possible target so their mind was off in the duel. I think that lack of confidence rather than size is playing a lot of role in the choices between the rookies. I just do not get why it is the rookies calling out the rookies. I would call out the veterans over and over just to tick them off, and throw them off their high horse. Shauvon was not a favorite of mine, but darned if she did not stir up Aneesa and I thought it made for good television.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.