+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Duel 2

Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Duel 2

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3415696;
    Can someone help me out? I was reading through the cast list, and I have missed several seasons. What the heck is the Fresh Meat Season?

Also, how old is Mark? I remember his season, and I will not reveal my age, but I was young. And is it fair for him to participate? It would be like Susan Lucci taking part on Who wants to be a Millionaire with Meredith as she is a paid actor on another ABC soap. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Mark a paid host of some MTV show?

Aneesa showed why I hate these challenges. The veterans act like they are entitled to just go right through to the end without having to do a thing but wait to collect their check. Ryan goes to two duels in the first two times, and he gets nothing, and I just bet Mark and Landon will never equal that. It is time they draw names randomly out of a hat or something to even the playing field. Veterans versus rookies is getting old.
    As far as I know Mark only hosts the After Show for this Challenge which he also did for the Brooklyn season of Real World. I wish they would bring back Blair who hosted the After Show online for earlier challenges.

Like someone said, Fresh Meat was a challenge that aired 3 or so years ago (I think?) where they paired Real World/Road Rules people with "fans". Through this we have been stuck with "gems" like Kenny, Evan, Eric, and Casey coming on challenge after challenge after challenge.

I agree with whoever said Dunbar is attractive. So is Landon and Brad, lol. I hope Jenn is one of the final women.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3415649;
    I can understand Paula playing her own game instead of slavishly following a male's guidance. Once burned and all that.
    I could understand if I thought she picked Dunbar for any other reason than she fancies him.
    She's getting progressively uglier physically, imo.

The whole complicated process of who picks who is so ridiculous.
    Getting picked means nothing. The final person could decide to call any of them unto the Duel. Unless you have immunity what does it matter if you get picked first or last, you might still be going into the Duel.
    I have no idea why they spend so much time and energy working out the order when it means nothing.
    "That's Numberwang!"

And don't they realize there are only going to be six people left at the end. Almost everyone is going to have to go into the duel eventually. I don't know why they get so offended if they have to go in. It's like joining the swim team and getting upset because you have to get in the water.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3417134;
    Getting picked means nothing. The final person could decide to call any of them unto the Duel. Unless you have immunity what does it matter if you get picked first or last, you might still be going into the Duel.
    I have no idea why they spend so much time and energy working out the order when it means nothing.
    But, that's why it's important to them. Getting picked means there's chance that you wont have to go into the Duel, as oppose to being the last person standing and you're definitely going in.

I kinda liked it better on Duel 1, where the selection process started immediately after the challenge was over.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron2005;3417221;
    But, that's why it's important to them. Getting picked means there's chance that you wont have to go into the Duel, as oppose to being the last person standing and you're definitely going in.
    Obviously, but being picked doesn't guarantee you aren't going in so I don't know why they waste so much time coming up with an order in which people should be picked.
    It makes no sense to me.
    If the last two people picked faced-off in the Duel then I could understand it.
    Aneesa was the first person picked this week. If Robin chose to she could have faced her in The Duel.
    It just doesn't make sense to me to run around trying to work out who will pick who. Yes you might be guaranteeing that you won't be last, unless Paula "goes rogue" but you aren't guaranteeing you won't go into the Duel.
    It'd be more interesting to me if they picked names out of the hat than watching them pour over the pick order as if it meant anything.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3417134;
    I could understand if I thought she picked Dunbar for any other reason than she fancies him.
    She's getting progressively uglier physically, imo.

I was thinking the same thing as I was watching them go over & over it "Ok, you pick so & so and then you pick so & so and then...." Obviously no one wants to go into the duel. But just pick who you want to go ...and don't pick them. Why the order of it matters is beyond me.

Ok...I didn't watch this Fresh Meat season or the last few Real World/Road Rules seasons (except I just watched Brooklyn), so I don't know who a lot of these people are. But you mean to tell me that Kenny and Evan weren't even ON one of the Real Worlds or Road Rules? What in the world are they doing there? (I know Kenny isn't there, but he was on The Island). That just doesn't seem right to me.

And Paula drives me bonkers. She needs to go!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Diem was a result of Fresh Meat, too, wasn't she?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3417242;
    Ok...I didn't watch this Fresh Meat season or the last few Real World/Road Rules seasons (except I just watched Brooklyn), so I don't know who a lot of these people are. But you mean to tell me that Kenny and Evan weren't even ON one of the Real Worlds or Road Rules? What in the world are they doing there? (I know Kenny isn't there, but he was on The Island). That just doesn't seem right to me.
    Yeah, there were a total of 12 Fresh Meat players and 7 of them have gone on to do more challenges after Fresh Meat Challenge: Diem, Eric, Ryan & Evan (all on this challenge) and Kenny & Ev who were on the Island. The other girl is Casey, who's last appeared on The Gauntlet 3 (the challenge before The Island) along with the other 6 Fresh Meat I've mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by talula;3417281;
    Diem was a result of Fresh Meat, too, wasn't she?
    Yes
    Last edited by Aaron2005; 04-17-2009 at 05:47 PM.

I felt bad for Shauvon only getting hugs from Brooke and Katie. I mean, she did look a bit fishy with the way she acted around CT, but there was no real proof of the two of them hooking up. Everyone pretty much went on "he said, she said" rumors and chose to take those to form their opinion on her.

And MTV needs to bring back Road Rules so they can bring in new people for these shows. Enough of the Fresh Meat-ers! Actually, I do like some of the Fresh Meat-ers, but those are the ones who choose not to come back to another Challenge. It's always the ones I hate that come back.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3415696;
    Aneesa showed why I hate these challenges. The veterans act like they are entitled to just go right through to the end without having to do a thing but wait to collect their check. Veterans versus rookies is getting old.
    I was disgusted with the way Aneesa acted also. It was as if she thought she was entitled to win just because she's a vetertan. Couldn't she realize that Shauvon was only pulling on her shirt to try and stop her from reaching the ring? But I actually like Aneesa, ever since she appeared on the first season of the Duel and had the most endearing friendship with Svetlana ever. The thing with these MTV/VH1 shows is that you can totally change your opinion on these people on a drop of a hat with the way they are edited differently in each show they appear on. But there are only a few people you choose not to change your opinion on whether you love them or hate them, which is my stance on Aneesa.

But that's besides the point, because everything else in the quoted text, I agree with. The whole "veterans vs. rookies" storyline is so played out, ever since the Gauntlet II, when the teams were split with vets on one side and rooks on the other. You know, before that challenge, I don't think anyone cared about new people coming in. People pretty much were accepted with open arms. Now it's all about the vets having a sense of entitlement and the rooks coming in with no expectations at all.

And also, if MTV is going to cast veterans on these shows, at least get the good ones! The ones that are legendary and make the show entertaining. Like Coral, Veronica, Julie, Beth, and Katie (I know, Katie's on this one, but she's not being shown at all). I know you all probably hate the girls I listed, but they're all better than the bottom-of-the-barrel people they're getting nowadays. And even when they get good people on their shows, MTV chooses not to showcase them (ex. Katie, Ruthie).
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3417529;
    But that's besides the point, because everything else in the quoted text, I agree with. The whole "veterans vs. rookies" storyline is so played out, ever since the Gauntlet II, when the teams were split with vets on one side and rooks on the other. You know, before that challenge, I don't think anyone cared about new people coming in. People pretty much were accepted with open arms. Now it's all about the vets having a sense of entitlement and the rooks coming in with no expectations at all.
    I thought it was Battle of the Sexes 2 where the veterans vs rookies thing first started.

+ Reply to Thread