+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Duel 2

Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Duel 2

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3413841;
    Well we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. I just don't see this loving and nurturing Diem, I see a woman being very selfish with a man she claims to care so much about. She can help him in a million ways as a friend, but if she found the relationship to be toxic and let him go, then she should truly let him go, and not cause a stir when he decides to have a random encounter with another woman. If she called for a break.......then break. She can't keep one foot in the doorway and then tell the man to close the door, and she certainly has to learn to contain her feelings should he move forward, as she's expected him to do as she's continued to date. I just don't see how that display on the show and aftershow was something that was going to propel CT forward and enlighten him.

ETA- The castmates, however, should have refrained from running and reporting back to Diem about CT's movements. They were just looking to stir a pot that was already threatening to boil over.

While I thought it was sweet when Diem and CT were together, CT is not growing and only getting worst. His treatment of Diem is brutal and vicious and he deliberately snogged with Shavon to get under Diem's skin and to prove a point. I do agree that Diem can't call foul if CT is with another girl because they (Diem and CT) are no longer a couple. Although I must say if they are friends that is one sick relationship. CT shouldn't get upset that Diem has Adam checking up on CT to see if he is OK. All in all both have issues and both need help and both need to grow up. How many times has CT been kicked of challenges. Isn;'t this the third one? Is is possible the producers are deliberately setting this all up for ratings. Is this all "acting" and we viewers are being suckered in to watch? If so I wouldn't be surprised, but I would be disappointed.

I do think the castmates did not need to tell Diem about CT and Shavon that was so junior high and it was done to stir up trouble not because they are friends with Diem or CT.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I haven't caught a lot of this but I think the relationship/friendship isn't exactly healthy. But things like this can be expected when you have such an incestuous dating scene/group of people. At some point everyone will have slept with everyone else. If you're going to date with in the herd/group things like this will happen.

I thought CT and Diem were sweet as well when they were on the first challenge, and I loved how protective he was of her while she was battling the cancer. It made me think that there was hope that CT the caveman would transform into someone a bit more mellow.

Diem made a huge mistake if she thought that Adam would be a good choice to check up on CT, they have an awful history together. I have no doubt the producers cast CT hoping that he'll do something dramatic, however, the act is getting tired and they need to come up with something new.

As for the constant hookups, it is a bit disgusting how many of these people have slept with one another, but not exactly shocking. They have this weird bond where they do all of these MTV related things together and run into one another quite a bit, so when they live under the same roof for some amount of time the sexual tension bubbles to the surface. I, for one, would rather pass on the hookup than become a part of that unsavory hookup chart.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3414502;
    I thought CT and Diem were sweet as well when they were on the first challenge, and I loved how protective he was of her while she was battling the cancer. It made me think that there was hope that CT the caveman would transform into someone a bit more mellow.

Diem made a huge mistake if she thought that Adam would be a good choice to check up on CT, they have an awful history together. I have no doubt the producers cast CT hoping that he'll do something dramatic, however, the act is getting tired and they need to come up with something new.

As for the constant hookups, it is a bit disgusting how many of these people have slept with one another, but not exactly shocking. They have this weird bond where they do all of these MTV related things together and run into one another quite a bit, so when they live under the same roof for some amount of time the sexual tension bubbles to the surface. I, for one, would rather pass on the hookup than become a part of that unsavory hookup chart.
    Seriously, instead of Real World they should call the show STD Central.

FORT Fogey

YES!!! I am vindicated and Chipmunk Girl (or boob girl if you're MJ) went home!!!!!

Aneesa was like, nuts though.

Good for Paula for sticking to her original plan, keeping HER guys safe (or trying to) and not putting up with MJ's BS. Of course, since she's not the brightest bulb in the batch, she didn't realize that if he was left, he'd pull out Ryan.... but she tried!!

I can't stand MJ. He has such a sense of entitlement. That he should get to walk into this challenge and into the strongest alliance, then decide what happens in that alliance so it works for him? He's delusional. He thinks he's a big player, but he is so clearly not. I would love to see what happens when he goes against Derek, Evan, Dunbar, Brad or Landon. Or even Mark. These guys will take him out easy. Ryan almost did, but he was just too small. Poor Ryan!

Does anyone else find Dunbar attractive or is that just me?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3415502;
    YES!!! I am vindicated and Chipmunk Girl (or boob girl if you're MJ) went home!!!!!

Aneesa was like, nuts though.

Good for Paula for sticking to her original plan, keeping HER guys safe (or trying to) and not putting up with MJ's BS. Of course, since she's not the brightest bulb in the batch, she didn't realize that if he was left, he'd pull out Ryan.... but she tried!!
    I disagree about Paula. Ryan told her that if MJ was left for last, he would pick him [Ryan]. She should have listened to him, and picked someone else who would have led to a different chain of picks that would not have left Ryan for last.

Paula is stupid. Apparently she learned nothing from the last challenge she was on. These guys she's aligning herself with will have no problem ditching her in a hot minute. It's like Ryan said... she's got her head way too far up these dudes' arses. At the end she made a comment about having to pick the dudes that will call her name for the longest amount of time in the game, and IMO, it's pretty much equivalent to when Johnny Bananas and Kenny didn't pick her to be in her boat because they wanted people who'd help them get to the end the fastest. Remember how she threw that b!tch fit over that? Paula is a hypocrite and I really can't stand her.

I can understand Paula playing her own game instead of slavishly following a male's guidance. Once burned and all that.

I thought Aneesa was a total ass during her Duel. How dare Shavon call her out. Well, why not. Who is she? Just another drunken, loud mouthed, STD laden female trying to get her way by being a bully. I was surprised Shavon actually did a respectable job against her. I was surprised that it looked as if no one wanted to wish her well and she got ignored. It was so hypocritical that the cast turned their backs on her and then showed Diem in a confessional about Shavon stealing her boyfriend. Gee, Diem has a very interesting definition of a boyfriend.

FORT Fogey

Can someone help me out? I was reading through the cast list, and I have missed several seasons. What the heck is the Fresh Meat Season?

Also, how old is Mark? I remember his season, and I will not reveal my age, but I was young. And is it fair for him to participate? It would be like Susan Lucci taking part on Who wants to be a Millionaire with Meredith as she is a paid actor on another ABC soap. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Mark a paid host of some MTV show?

Aneesa showed why I hate these challenges. The veterans act like they are entitled to just go right through to the end without having to do a thing but wait to collect their check. Ryan goes to two duels in the first two times, and he gets nothing, and I just bet Mark and Landon will never equal that. It is time they draw names randomly out of a hat or something to even the playing field. Veterans versus rookies is getting old.

FORT Regular

Fresh Meat was a season a few years back with a team of RW/RR cast, and a team of never seen before random people off the street. Evan, Eric, Diem, Ryan were all part of that season. I might have left someone else out.

I was secretly hoping Shauvon beat Aneesa. I dont really like either of them, but the way Aneesa was "playing" was uncalled for. I was kinda pissed that Robin went home too. I loved her since RWSD, shes gotten alittle loopy since then, but I was hoping she was calmed down a bit this season. All in all, last night was a bunch of disappointments in who lost the duel and went home.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3415696;
    Aneesa showed why I hate these challenges. The veterans act like they are entitled to just go right through to the end without having to do a thing but wait to collect their check. Ryan goes to two duels in the first two times, and he gets nothing, and I just bet Mark and Landon will never equal that. It is time they draw names randomly out of a hat or something to even the playing field. Veterans versus rookies is getting old.

I completely agree. They have a sense of entitlement that because they have been "around" longer that they should automatically win. I understand that they know more about the challenges but that doesn't make them better. In fact...it makes me root for the rookies!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

+ Reply to Thread