+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real World: Brooklyn

Re: The Real World: Brooklyn

Ryan on the pole dancing class.. HILARIOUS.
    I'm a mess and you're worse
    Just give me time to give you a waste of time

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;3297554;
    i have to agree with other posters. sarah's story is just a little too dramatic for me. i do not doubt she was molested by that day care worker but the camping incident...just simply sounded like a camping incident. if he did not have full custody of her he might not have had a separate bag for her. my brother slept in the same bed with my mom for YEARS (we are talking like up to 15....) and nothing was going on.

i am sure she was just told by other people (counselors and such) about "good touch" "bad touch" and she reacted badly to something so innocent. and...from the sounds of it her mother is an enabler and helped plant the seeds of doubt in sarah's.

now...i am not happy that her dad called during the show as this should be a private matter. but i do feel for the guy. he is getting a bum rap for something he didn't do and probably didn't even THINK of doing and he has to suffer like this.

i think sarah truly has suffered in her life but sometimes she acts like she is so AWESOME for dealing with this. it is hard to explain, but it is almost like she can brag about what a STRONG person she is and how this is her true purpose in life. i am glad she wants to help others but she doesn't sound even close to moving on from her pain...so how CAN she help others?
    I feel exactly the same way. Why wouldn't she get a restraining order and just move on, if she is that strong of a person? I have a feeling there are absolutely no grounds for a restraining order.

She creates more problems for herself by not letting the camping "incident" go because, as she stated, nothing really happened. She is not moving on at all.

JD is sinking fast for me. I want to like the guy, truly I do, however the way he treated his friends when he was drunk is very telling. First he spills the tranny secret, then he takes a crap on Devon in order to fawn all over his idol. He's shown compassion at times, but you can tell he has this mean streak that runs through him somewhere. I'm glad Devon refused to let him simply sweep it all under the rug. Sometimes you truly have to call a person on their junk.

It really does seem to me that Sarah's mother brainwashed her into thinking her dad had abused her...
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Didn't she say something about tickling? "Tickling" is a not uncommon way for sexual abuse to occur.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3298508;
    Didn't she say something about tickling? "Tickling" is a not uncommon way for sexual abuse to occur.
    i thought she said she never got in the sleeping bag and nothing happened. even if he did tickle her, i would assume that it was playful tickling and nothing sexual. she just sounded hypersensitive to being touched because of the day care incident. and some people HATE being tickled. so she tells her mother dad touched me and i didn't like it...and it turns into MOG he tried to molest me.

I'm not going to be so quick to judge that Sarah's dad had bad intentions or good intentions because he may really be a sleazy guy and was escalating to molestation. It could be that he had been thinking about it but didn't act on it until she was molested for real and thought he could take advantage of the situation. Since none of us were there, we really don't know but it does seem a bit fishy and it's probably no fault of Sarah's since she was a little kid. Her mother on the other hand could have used it to her advantage in light of the actual molestation and perhaps a messy divorce. By the way, my Dad used to tickle me all the time and there was never anything sexual about it. My uncle as well and I never felt uncomfortable with my uncle tickling me. Now if he had let his hands slip someplace inappropriate or looked at me a certain way while he was doing it that certainly would make me uncomfortable. That could be what happened. Anyway, we can only speculate.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Sarah's situation was very odd. it could be that she is not telling everything. since there is no word on has her dad tried to do something before (since she said they have tried to get him in jail for that camping incident, not for anything else). it is just little bit too over dramatic.

JD is making my head explode. I thought he was smart, but now.. no no no. someone just needs to start watching his drinking, so he won't end up in that bad JD mood.
    I'm a mess and you're worse
    Just give me time to give you a waste of time

I'm enjoying the show as well. But I wouldn't say it's AS good as the earlier episodes but definitely along the same lines. You don't have everybody hot tubbing and getting drunk all the time which is good. Note to self, must transfer Season 3 from VHS to DVD

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3298611;
    I'm not going to be so quick to judge that Sarah's dad had bad intentions or good intentions because he may really be a sleazy guy and was escalating to molestation. It could be that he had been thinking about it but didn't act on it until she was molested for real and thought he could take advantage of the situation. Since none of us were there, we really don't know but it does seem a bit fishy and it's probably no fault of Sarah's since she was a little kid. Her mother on the other hand could have used it to her advantage in light of the actual molestation and perhaps a messy divorce. By the way, my Dad used to tickle me all the time and there was never anything sexual about it. My uncle as well and I never felt uncomfortable with my uncle tickling me. Now if he had let his hands slip someplace inappropriate or looked at me a certain way while he was doing it that certainly would make me uncomfortable. That could be what happened. Anyway, we can only speculate.
    Not everybody has the same experience, and a lot of people have happy memories of being tickled by somebody close to them.

I will never forget an episode of Dr. Phil where, while being filmed in his home,
    a teenaged boy was tickling his little sister (below 5 years old) and his had kept "slipping" into a questionable area; she was laughing, hysterically, of course, while he was smiling and casting furtive glances over his shoulder (toward his parent, or maybe just his mother) to see if he was being watched. Mind you, he had been accused of sexually abusing other children
    in his neighborhood. His mother was in FULL denial of her son's proclivities, and didn't want to send him away. I don't think that there was a follow-up show revealing what eventually happened with him. The film left no doubt as to what was going on. It was just sick.

I just don't think that children should ever be tickled to the point of hysteria and, that in this society, men (but really, ANYBODY) should be especially hesitant about doing it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread