+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real World: Brooklyn

Re: The Real World: Brooklyn

I loved the latest episode. So far, they're 2 for 2. This looks like this will be an amazing season!

I love Sarah even more than I did before. She is just plain awesome. I just hope she doesn't do anything that will make me dislike her, although that will be pretty hard since my opinions tend to stick.

I like Baya, too, after this episode. Oh, and I also enjoyed Chet's family. His mom is a hoot! After being told JD is gay: "So that's why he's so nice!" After arriving at the house: "He looks good in his... normal clothes." Right before she leaves the house: "No more eyeliner!" And her voice is really squeaky, it's cute.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Great start to the season! It feels nostalgic with the discussions and issues....much needed to save this usual showcase of drunken loserness.

The 6 castmembers they are featuring are all interesting in so many ways. Wondering why the other two seem to be completely MIA.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by muggle;3278929;
    Great start to the season! It feels nostalgic with the discussions and issues....much needed to save this usual showcase of drunken loserness.

The 6 castmembers they are featuring are all interesting in so many ways. Wondering why the other two seem to be completely MIA.
    Me too- It seems to me that we may have a casting error because Scott and Devin are just duds. Obviously, Scott is just going to work out all the time and Devin has to maintain her pageant facade... the most we may get out of them is a small romance (between them two because they are always at home). Wish they had used those spots to find 2 other interesting characters such as ryan, chet, JD or Katelynn.

Overall, though, loving this season!

I agree with everyone who said that this is a return to form for The Real World.

But I have to wonder if having eight cast members is totally necessary when two of them are really not even there personality-wise.

Loving JD, Sara, and even Chet so far.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Maybe we'll see more of them....it is only two episodes in afterall.

Devyn and Scott will definitely be shown a lot more than they have already. Like Juls said, it has only been 2 episodes. The preview focused on them, so that's a positive. And also, if last season is anything to go off on, I think every single person on the Hollywood season got a sufficient amount of airtime that allowed the viewers to get to know each one of them.

I rewatched the second episode again. What can I say, I'm just really enjoying this season. I like that the producers are falling back on what originally made the first seasons so popular. For one thing, I have always wanted to see seasons that aired pre-Vegas, but there's no chance MTV will reair those seasons, so a nostalgic season is the next best thing. And two, a sort of negativity has surrounded the show for a couple of years now. It's nice to see this season quell a bit of that negativity.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkOtterPop;3281843;
    Loving JD, Sara, and even Chet so far.
    I love Sarah also.

But with JD and Chet, though they both have their good moments, I find a handful of faults in the both of them that make it hard for me to like them. Same with Ryan, although my opinion on him grew a little bit after the second episode. With JD, I find that he needs to loosen up a bit. He takes the pranks way too seriously. They're not meant to cause any harm. I would know, 'cause I'm a bit of a prankster myself. And with Chet and Ryan, they need to realize that there are times when they need to cool it with the jokes and the pranks. There are appropriate times, and there are unappropriate times. So pretty much, a median needs to be found among them.

Also, JD's drunken racist tirade made me cringe a bit. He was drunk, and I take that into consideration, but it's still no excuse. At least the others, except Chet, still knew better to not say anything to him because he seems to be a loose cannon when under the influence. Honestly, I don't know how Chet didn't realize JD was drunk since JD's speech was slurred. I'll give Chet the benefit of the doubt though, since when he confronted him that night, he was only with him for a couple of minutes. But Chet is from a frat house, so you'd think he would know how a guy who is a bit drunk would act. Anyway, that whole fight was awkward to watch, like how Chet asked JD, "Why you getting in my face?" when it was Chet who was walking up to JD.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3282544;
    Devyn and Scott will definitely be shown a lot more than they have already. Like Juls said, it has only been 2 episodes. The preview focused on them, so that's a positive. And also, if last season is anything to go off on, I think every single person on the Hollywood season got a sufficient amount of airtime that allowed the viewers to get to know each one of them.

I rewatched the second episode again. What can I say, I'm just really enjoying this season. I like that the producers are falling back on what originally made the first seasons so popular. For one thing, I have always wanted to see seasons that aired pre-Vegas, but there's no chance MTV will reair those seasons, so a nostalgic season is the next best thing. And two, a sort of negativity has surrounded the show for a couple of years now. It's nice to see this season quell a bit of that negativity.

I love Sarah also.

But with JD and Chet, though they both have their good moments, I find a handful of faults in the both of them that make it hard for me to like them. Same with Ryan, although my opinion on him grew a little bit after the second episode. With JD, I find that he needs to loosen up a bit. He takes the pranks way too seriously. They're not meant to cause any harm. I would know, 'cause I'm a bit of a prankster myself. And with Chet and Ryan, they need to realize that there are times when they need to cool it with the jokes and the pranks. There are appropriate times, and there are unappropriate times. So pretty much, a median needs to be found among them.

Also, JD's drunken racist tirade made me cringe a bit. He was drunk, and I take that into consideration, but it's still no excuse. At least the others, except Chet, still knew better to not say anything to him because he seems to be a loose cannon when under the influence. Honestly, I don't know how Chet didn't realize JD was drunk since JD's speech was slurred. I'll give Chet the benefit of the doubt though, since when he confronted him that night, he was only with him for a couple of minutes. But Chet is from a frat house, so you'd think he would know how a guy who is a bit drunk would act. Anyway, that whole fight was awkward to watch, like how Chet asked JD, "Why you getting in my face?" when it was Chet who was walking up to JD.
    Yes, Chet did live in a frat house but that was at the Univ of Utah. How many non drinking Morman boys were in that Frat? I'm guessing 99% of them.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Anyway, that whole fight was awkward to watch, like how Chet asked JD, "Why you getting in my face?" when it was Chet who was walking up to JD.
    I was cracking up. He kept walking towards him "why you in my face?" And I'm sorry, I don't care how Mormon you are.....you can tell when someone is drunk! But I definitely agreed with what Chet was saying. JD was being an ass.

It's not like every single person that goes to the University of Utah is Mormon. Baya lives in Salt Lake City, and she isn't Mormon. I know there's a good amount of Mormons in Utah, but that doesn't mean all of them are.

And besides, even if you are Mormon, it's pretty easy to tell if a person is wasted or not. Their speech is slurred, they walk like they're dizzy, etc. JD was sitting down when Chet confronted him, so the latter doesn't come into play in this instance. But JD was definitely loopy with the way he talked. I thought that was obvious. But like I said, it looked like Chet was only around JD for a short time when he was drunk, so that's probably the reason why he didn't realize that JD sipped many drinks that night. But still, you'd think that even though he doesn't drink himself that he would know right away if a person is drunk or not.

FORT Newbie

Am I the only person who thought that JD was just simply making fun of Trisha from the RW Sydney during his tirade? I thought his story had sort of the same parallel to the story Trisha told when she got back from McDonald's or wherever she was in Australia and had that same type of tirade about the cashier not understanding her. I thought the whole time that JD was making fun of her and just saying that stuff as a joke.

+ Reply to Thread