+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real World: Brooklyn

Re: The Real World: Brooklyn

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3270658;
    Ahhh.. I see where you're coming from. That enticing them to look for even the non-existing would cause the twittering. Good point.

I agree with your last post about it being pretty normal to question and talk to other roomies about it. I just think Ryan went a bit too far, a bit too loudly... kind of like Mike from BtNY. I hope he tones it down pretty quickly and helps Katelynn feel a bit more comfortable.
    I understand what you're saying about Ryan but I think that it was more curiosity than anything else. And the "it" thing. I don't think he meant anything offensive by that. I think he honestly didn't know and was looking for JD to educate him.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3270672;
    I understand what you're saying about Ryan but I think that it was more curiosity than anything else. And the "it" thing. I don't think he meant anything offensive by that. I think he honestly didn't know and was looking for JD to educate him.
    It's natural to be curious about things you were unaware about before, so I agree that he's just a curious person.

But his choice of words is what makes him a bit ignorant. He even said he was himself. He just needs to find the correct choice of words. For example, instead of calling Kat "it" right off the bat, why not ask someone else what the correct pronoun usage is? It's understandable to be a bit confused, since Kat was previously a male, but I think Ryan should have asked about what to say instead of immediately saying "it."
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Does anyone know how the premiere did ratings wise? I'm interested to see how well it did considering the hype that it's a throwback season. I'm not expecting much though because the Barbara Walters special with Patrick Swayze was on at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by awesomekina23;3272297;
    Does anyone know how the premiere did ratings wise? I'm interested to see how well it did considering the hype that it's a throwback season. I'm not expecting much though because the Barbara Walters special with Patrick Swayze was on at the same time.
    Found this:
    MTV’s ‘Real World’ Improves on Youth Ratings

By Sergio Ibarra

The season premiere of MTV’s “The Real World: Brooklyn” launched Wednesday night, improving its ratings compared to last season among viewers 12-34 for the network.

The 21st season opener scored a 2.3 rating among viewers 12-34, ranking as the No. 1 cable show in the demographic for the 10 p.m. hour and the entire day. The strong performance also gave MTV its strongest Wednesday night in the demographic since summer 2007.

The network didn’t provide other ratings information.

Compared to the last season premiere of “The Real World: Hollywood” in April 2008, “Brooklyn’s” rating was 6% higher in the demographic.

The episode, watched by 2.26 million viewers, also gave the network a fivefold ratings increase week over week.

Attention surrounding the new season also led to increased activity to the show’s Web site. For Jan. 7 the show’s site showed a 21% increase in unique visitors compared to unique visitors for “Hollywood’s” premiere date. Video streams were also up 25% season over season for the premiere date.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Ryan actually happens to be from my town - he's my old music teacher's son! - so I figure I ought to take up for him a bit here.

People from Gettysburg are not exactly shy about expressing their opinions about people's sexuality. If he really had an issue with it, or wanted to cause any harm, you would know. Trust me. I honestly think that he was uncomfortable only because he'd never been exposed to the situation before. He knew saying "it" was wrong as soon as he said it, and he admitted his ignorance. It was an honest mistake, and I don't think he made Katelynn uncomfortable.

Haven't seen the premiere yet but all of your comments make me very hopeful. I'm a big fan of the earlier seasons, particularly SF, probably the most "Real" season ever. I really hope they're going back to more the original format. Those of you that didn't see the earlier seasons really don't know what you missed.

I enjoyed the premiere too. I haven't watched since about Austin either. Doesn't this house remind you of Seattle Season!?

I don't think the bodybuiler guy is that cute either. OF course he has a hot bod but that's about it.

Ryan is in denial about his PTSD. He couldn't even look at her when he was talking about himself. I agree in that I don't think it was rude he said, "it." He admitted he is ignorant to it all. He and Chet's pranks are going to turn me off of this show.

I'm glad the show is back and I look forward to seeing what wil happen in the future. Does anyone know if they're keeping with the hour format like they had for last season?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl;3274791;
    I'm glad the show is back and I look forward to seeing what wil happen in the future. Does anyone know if they're keeping with the hour format like they had for last season?
    Yes, they are doing the hour format.

This was such a great premiere!!! I have watched Real World since the very first season and it's been awhile since a premiere grabbed my attention and sucked me in like this one did!!!! I think the biggest change was we FINALLY didn't have nothing but hooking up and getting wasted. They talked about real issues and weren't busy trying to get wasted and sleep with each other.

+ Reply to Thread