+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 309

Thread: The Real World: Brooklyn

  1. #21
    Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Where the Wild Things Are
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,574

    Re: The Real World: Brooklyn

    Great premiere!!! I really like the cast!! Even if some of them are "ignorant" or not as good looking. I'm thrilled! I loved Sarah! She seems so sweet and fun and just really genuine. I really enjoyed the scene with Ryan and Chet in the boat. I think that after all the transgender stuff is out and talked about they won't have any problems with it.....I hope! JD seems really sweet and caring. I hope he's able to get along with the other guys in the house and not just be close to the girls. I give major "props" to Katelynn for doing the show and putting herself out there like this. I for one was shocked that she was wearing those pink panties out and about though, just since she hadn't "outed" herself yet. I think I'm really going to like Devyn but she didn't get a lot of air time this episode....same with Baya and Scott. But overall....great cast....great house....great city.....great premiere! YAY!

  2. #22
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963

    Re: The Real World: Brooklyn

    CG.... yes, I agree that it's a good thing that they weren't casting only "the beautiful people" this time around. It's just surprising. Normally we get egos that would rival the show "True Beauty."

    I also agree about Devyn. She's got a little bit of attitude, but she definitely didn't appear to be the stereotype. Also refreshing!

    And it was Jose that I was thinking about... thank you!!!

    Juls.... nothing surprising about wearing pink panties as Katelynn has only female parts now. She's post-op so nothing to worry about showing her panties before she's ready to talk.

    Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard
    Katelynn explained herself very well on the after show when it came to coming out to the others. She claimed that she knew it would make mostly everyone around her feel totally awkward around her, which is probably true. Kat's living is a transgender, and there are people in the world who are against the LGBT community, so of course she's going to be lacking a bit in the confidence department. But I think she is extremely brave to go on one of the most well-known reality shows ever, so for that, I commend her.
    I love how you phrased it. I do understand that she knew the fact that she was transgendered would make them feel awkward (that's right.. didn't she also say that she wanted people to get to know HER before they judged her?), but I just think that she also did herself a bit of disservice by allowing people time to talk about her obvious masculine traits. I cannot even begin to fully understand what she has had to face in her life, however, so I understand that she's probably damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. And to be two months post-op and go on this show... HUGE test for her. Hopefully everything works out well for her now that it's airing.

  3. #23
    FORT Fogey momrek06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    4,474

    Re: The Real World: Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3269647;
    Great premiere!!! I really like the cast!! Even if some of them are "ignorant" or not as good looking. I'm thrilled! I loved Sarah! She seems so sweet and fun and just really genuine. I really enjoyed the scene with Ryan and Chet in the boat. I think that after all the transgender stuff is out and talked about they won't have any problems with it.....I hope! JD seems really sweet and caring. I hope he's able to get along with the other guys in the house and not just be close to the girls. I give major "props" to Katelynn for doing the show and putting herself out there like this. I for one was shocked that she was wearing those pink panties out and about though, just since she hadn't "outed" herself yet. I think I'm really going to like Devyn but she didn't get a lot of air time this episode....same with Baya and Scott. But overall....great cast....great house....great city.....great premiere! YAY!
    ITA with you!!!!!!!!!

  4. #24
    Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Where the Wild Things Are
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,574

    Re: The Real World: Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3269730;

    Juls.... nothing surprising about wearing pink panties as Katelynn has only female parts now. She's post-op so nothing to worry about showing her panties before she's ready to talk.

    But I just think that she also did herself a bit of disservice by allowing people time to talk about her obvious masculine traits.
    Your 2nd statement there is why I wrote that about the pink panties. She has to know that she looks masculine. So I'm just surprised that she would wear that so that they could be checking her out down there. I know that she is pre-op therefore there is nothing to find....but she has to know they would be looking.

  5. #25
    RENThead JLuvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Commuting for Work
    Posts
    6,281

    Re: The Real World: Brooklyn

    I tuned in because of the rumor that it was going to be like the older seasons and was happily surprised. Hopefully it stays this way as I don't think the Real World has been good since before Las Vegas.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

  6. #26
    FoRT Lurker CrossingGuard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area / Boston
    Age
    21
    Posts
    5,836

    Re: The Real World: Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3269730;
    CG.... yes, I agree that it's a good thing that they weren't casting only "the beautiful people" this time around. It's just surprising. Normally we get egos that would rival the show "True Beauty."

    I love how you phrased it. I do understand that she knew the fact that she was transgendered would make them feel awkward (that's right.. didn't she also say that she wanted people to get to know HER before they judged her?), but I just think that she also did herself a bit of disservice by allowing people time to talk about her obvious masculine traits. I cannot even begin to fully understand what she has had to face in her life, however, so I understand that she's probably damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. And to be two months post-op and go on this show... HUGE test for her. Hopefully everything works out well for her now that it's airing.
    Yeah, it is kind of surprising that they went more for the relatable characters instead of going for the good-looking ones. Not that these people are ugly, but they're nowhere in the leagues of Melinda, Johanna, Svetlana, etc.

    And she said on the after show that she was actually only 3 weeks post-op when she went on the show. I know, I was pretty shocked when I first heard that also. I now I have much more respect for Kat than I have before.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

  7. #27
    Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Where the Wild Things Are
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,574

    Re: The Real World: Brooklyn

    Whoa! Three weeks! You'd think she'd still be on pain killers and laying in bed!

  8. #28
    FORT Fogey Namaste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    921

    Re: The Real World: Brooklyn

    It's been years since I watched a Real World, but after just watching the premiere episode of this season, I have to say it looks like it could be an interesting one, based on the casting. I like the idea of 8 instead of 7 people, maybe this will help keep it less cliquey. Kudos to KateLynn for being on the show. I find it kind of sad, yet predictable, that these open minded roommates always end up gossiping about the thing they don't have a problem with...guess that's human nature or just the art of being young.
    Adversity reveals genius. -Horace

  9. #29
    Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Where the Wild Things Are
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,574

    Re: The Real World: Brooklyn

    I have to say that I probably would've gossiped about it myself, not in a bad way but in a curious way. Only because she hadn't "outed" herself yet and they all questioned it. As would I have. She does have feminine features....but she of course has male features too. And I don't know if I would have felt comfortable confronting her and asking her about it. So I can see talking to some of the other roommates about it first, just like they did....even JD did.

  10. #30
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963

    Re: The Real World: Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3270158;
    Your 2nd statement there is why I wrote that about the pink panties. She has to know that she looks masculine. So I'm just surprised that she would wear that so that they could be checking her out down there. I know that she is pre-op therefore there is nothing to find....but she has to know they would be looking.
    Ahhh.. I see where you're coming from. That enticing them to look for even the non-existing would cause the twittering. Good point.

    I agree with your last post about it being pretty normal to question and talk to other roomies about it. I just think Ryan went a bit too far, a bit too loudly... kind of like Mike from BtNY. I hope he tones it down pretty quickly and helps Katelynn feel a bit more comfortable.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.