+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real World: Brooklyn

FORT Fan

Re: The Real World: Brooklyn

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3263956;
    Did anyone watch the special? It aired at 11am and was an hour and 30 minutes long. It just went over the high points and the low points of the 20 seasons of the show. A few of the past cast members came to talk about the show, with the majority of them coming from newer seasons. But there were a few from the older seasons: Heather B (NY), Andre (NY), Beth S (LA), Syrus (Boston), Amaya (Hawaii), and Cara (Chicago).

lori, I hope it's all worth it also!

Surfing through other sites, it looks like a lot of old-time fans are getting excited for this season, especially after viewing the trailer (check the official site for it, I'm sure they have it there). I'm seeing a lot of people say that they find the cast intriguing and that the trailer gave them vibes of older seasons. I can't exactly speak for older fans since I'm a fairly new viewer, but the trailer focused solely on the interaction between the cast members and absolutely no partying, so that's probably the reason why people are getting excited.

Speaking of Hollywood, I thought it was a great season. The Hollywood cast did get drunk and wasted quite a few times, but when Joey was there, I felt that there was an actual story behind all the partying and drinking in that they they had to try and control themselves when he was around. The cast was unlikable (except for Bri, who I eventually really liked ), but I thought the season was exciting.
    I watched the behind the scenes special this morning too. I liked seeing what the older cast members had to say. I have to say, I don't totally remember all the interactions in the older seasons but I remember feeling like these people were so much older and mature. But now that I'm older than recent casts, maybe that's why I feel that way.

I have to agree with you, Crossing Guard, the Hollywood cast was overall unlikeable. I'm hoping that there will be at least one person in the Brooklyn cast that I can enjoy watching.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

I really enjoyed watching the "Secrets Revealed" show. It got me all nostalgic for the past shows and excited for a new one since I haven't watched in about four seasons. It was also interesting to see some of the secrets to the show and never seen before things. I also enjoyed seeing some of the past cast.

Looking forward to Brooklyn.....

Haven't seen ANY Real World episodes since Austin, got totally turned off with all the drunken partying and acting like all the "she broke up with me/he slept with who???" crap was just THE most important stuff in the world. It turned so totally juvenile. (Then again, I am kinda old, so that sort of stuff hasn't appealed for many many years). Anyway, I might actually check this season out, as much for the New York locale as anything.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

When I saw the first trailer for this, I exhaled a sigh of relief at witnessing the return of the show I once loved so much return to its roots. I am please and will definitely be watching.
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

As a long time Real World viewer...I am looking forward to yet another season of RW!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by soapqueen;3264041;
    Been watching since the beginning and I'll give it a try. Hollywood, I lost interest in, too much drinking and partying, did not get to know any of the cast.
    I admit that I skipped out on a handful of episodes of Hollywood. At the beginning, it was only because I forgot to watch the show, but after a while, I just started to not care.

But over the past few days, I decided to watch the whole entire season online. I gotta say that it was my favorite season yet. One of my favorite aspects of Hollywood was that instead of spending half of the year watching 24-25 thirty-minute episodes, the season was slimmed down to 13 one-hour episodes, which worked out very well. The problem with the thirty-minute episodes was that people, including myself, started to grow tired of watching episodes week after week after week.... after week. The one-hour episodes were much better.

Hollywood took a step in the right direction. The producers figured out that many fans, mostly the old-time ones, grew tired of the constant partying and going out to clubs instead of focusing on the interaction between the cast members. Because of that, there was probably only one minute of each episode devoted to showing the cast partying, and that one minute of partying was miniscule in the one-hour format. Some episodes didn't even show them going out to the clubs. The only times they focused a lot on the partying and drinking was when they went to Cancun and when Joey was there.

I felt that we got to know each member of the Hollywood cast very well. There was no "7th cast member" (that's how I describe the one person who isn't shown much in the episodes and gets overshadowed by his/her fellow cast members). Examples of past "7th cast members" are Jose from Key West and Melanie from Philly. Each person in Hollywood got a sufficient amount of airtime that we got to them very well, even Brittany and Nick.

My first full season was Philly, and from Philly to Hollywood, Hollywood was definitely my favorite season. Philly wasn't bad but kinda boring. I actually kinda liked Austin, but thinking back on it, I probably only liked it because I only had Philly to compare it to, and Austin was definitely the better of the two. Key West was decent, but like Philly, it was pretty boring sometimes. The first half of Denver wasn't good, but I started to like it after a while. Sydney is the opposite of Denver for me: started out well, ended badly. Hollywood was great. Wasn't too long, lots of good drama that made the show interesting, and less partying, to name a few things I like. The only bad thing was that the cast was unlikable, other than Bri.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 01-07-2009 at 02:27 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

The Real World Secrets Revealed show is great!!!! If any of you get a chance, tivo that show and watch it. As a long time RW viewer I loved it!!!!!!

That was probably the best premiere of the Real World I've ever seen. I love how this season seems to be focusing more on social issues and the cast's backstories rather than partying, fighting, or hooking up. That's what's been missing from previous seasons in my opinion.

I thought it was interesting that Ryan wanted to hide the fact that he was in the military but kept pressing the issue of Katelynn being transgendered and not respecting her wishes of keeping that private so people could get to know her for her, just like he wanted the cast to know him without the military backstory. Ryan calling Katelynn "it" also left a bad taste in my mouth. But I don't dislike him by any means I just think he has some learning to do, and he'll most likely do that in NYC.

I actually like everyone except for maybe Chet, but I'll wait to judge too quickly.

Okay... not one attractive person on the show. Not even Scott. I'm enjoying everyone BUT Ryan...can't stand that he's fitting into the "ignorant small-town boy" stereotype. I feel sorry for Katelynn that she is still so lacking in self-confidence that she couldn't tell her story right from the start. She made comments that indicate that she's aware that she looks masculine, so it would have been best had she just come out and told everyone from the start instead of leaving it open for some of her roomies to speculate behind her back.

I love Sarah... she seems adorable. Not a fan of the tattoos, but I like her.

Baya? Umm... no. Not yet.

JD reminds me of the guy from the Key West cast, I think it was. Can't remember his name. Very soft-spoken and mature, comforting his castmates.

I did love the scene with Ryan and Chet in the boat singing. They were hilarious.

Loved the premiere. This looks to be a very promising season.

I thought Scott would turn out to be a douche, but so far, he's not. He's actually pretty okay. So far, Ryan (and Chet) are the ones who are acting the most like douches.

I loved it when Devyn said, "I just hope there's no storms here," and immediately after, a lightning bolt appeared in the background.

This comment might come off as offensive to some of you, but so far, I like that Devyn doesn't fit the role of the stereotypical black girl. It's refreshing because it always seems that when a black girl is cast on reality shows, they almost always seem to fit the stereotype that is often attributed to black women.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3269520;
    Okay... not one attractive person on the show. Not even Scott. I'm enjoying everyone BUT Ryan...can't stand that he's fitting into the "ignorant small-town boy" stereotype. I feel sorry for Katelynn that she is still so lacking in self-confidence that she couldn't tell her story right from the start. She made comments that indicate that she's aware that she looks masculine, so it would have been best had she just come out and told everyone from the start instead of leaving it open for some of her roomies to speculate behind her back.

I love Sarah... she seems adorable. Not a fan of the tattoos, but I like her.

JD reminds me of the guy from the Key West cast, I think it was. Can't remember his name. Very soft-spoken and mature, comforting his castmates.

I did love the scene with Ryan and Chet in the boat singing. They were hilarious.
    But isn't a good thing they cast mostly average-looking people instead of trying to cast knockouts?

Not a fan of Ryan also. He had his good moments, like when he told Sarah about his military past and when he sang his song with Chet. But overall, he needs to monitor what he says. I cringed after he said a few things, like when he called Kat "it." That was definitely uncalled for. But he did say that he knew he was ignorant, so at least he knows that's he a bit ignorant.

Katelynn explained herself very well on the after show when it came to coming out to the others. She claimed that she knew it would make mostly everyone around her feel totally awkward around her, which is probably true. Kat's living is a transgender, and there are people in the world who are against the LGBT community, so of course she's going to be lacking a bit in the confidence department. But I think she is extremely brave to go on one of the most well-known reality shows ever, so for that, I commend her.

I'm liking Sarah so far also. She was actually my favorite pre-show, and it's great to see that she's this mellow and chilled-out person. And I think she pulls of the tattoos very well, so I don't mind them.

I think you're thinking of Zach or Jose. Both of them were pretty mature. If the names don't ring a bell: Zach was the curly-haired guy, Jose was Hispanic.

I loved the song also. "I may be metrosexual, but that's not a siiiiiiiin........... not a sin!"
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 01-08-2009 at 03:00 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread