+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real World: Brooklyn

FORT Fan

Re: The Real World: Brooklyn

Devyn is my least favorite roommate this season. She just seems like one of those people who thinks they're always right. I agree with those who say that JD was right to knock her down about the college educated vs. college dropout thing. I can understand her not wanting to be associated with the negative connotation of college dropout....but don't go harping on some subject that you only had a couple of classes on, ESPECIALLY to someone who really does have a degree in the field you're trying to present yourself as an expert on.

Remember a few episodes ago when she was bragging about the classes she'd had in acting. I remember her saying something to the effect of 'I'll definitely succeed in acting in New York because I've been trained during college and how many actors in New York can say that?' I wanted to reach through the screen, smack her, and say "Most of them!"

And the thing with Scott....it's like she marked him out as hers from the moment they met and the poor guy just has no interest in her. I don't know why she's so convinced that he's secretly in love with her, but she comes off as desperate.

As for the banging on pots thing...I don't really blame Ryan. Especially coming from a guy in the military where being on time is so important. I hate being late, and it drives me nuts when I'm with someone else and they're running behind. There were places they needed to be at a specific time on that trip and I think it was really rude of the girls not to be ready.

I kinda feel bad for Katelynn. I've known several people who have tried too hard to be something they're not and it's always painful to watch. I think she's going for the overfeminized thing just because it's so new though-I think in time she'll eventually find that spot where she's not trying so hard

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3318038;
    I didn't mind Ryan with the pots because it was the girls idea to go in the first place and the guys agreed to help with the event in Gettysburg. Alarm clocks are ringing all over the house and only the guys got up... which is so annoying when you are supposed to be going on a trip together and a few individuals do not RESPECT the group enough to get up on time. Also, I think the thing with the shaving cream was the fact that it made a big mess, not like ryan who does things like lacing shoe-laces together for fun. I am sure Ryan and Chet were probably angry over the 'messy' part of JD's prank but it got edited out to make the scene more dramatic.
    I actually do agree with you on your viewpoint on the pots and pans issues. Like I said, it wasn't exactly a prank in the first place. It was mostly a means of waking them up. But it looked like he was enjoying clanging the metal together and disturbing them in their rest. That was a bit off-putting, especially since he was the one who said that someone's nap time is not the time to be disturbed. But then again, the girls were the ones who planned the whole tripped, so the argument can go to both sides.

He and Chet were mad with the mess JD created, but Ryan was mostly mad because of the timing of the prank. Remember when he was talking about it with Scott? Scott brought up the point that Ryan has been the biggest pranker of them all, and it's a bit ironic of him to be so angered by JD's one-time stint. But then Ryan continued his statement by saying that it was the timing of it all that really ticked him off. He really likes his beauty rest, that's all I gotta say. So yeah, I just found it a bit hypocrtical on his part. Not totally hypocritical, as brought up many times before, it wasn't really a prank. But still somewhat.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fan

This is the first good Real World season in years!

I can't wait to see what happens with the beauty queen playing the hell out of her fiance. Can we say drama? We haven't seen drama like this since Miami or Boston. The Real World is finally making a comeback. Woohoo!

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I'm confused......what beauty queen? What fiance?
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3320685;
    I'm confused......what beauty queen? What fiance?
    Judging by the previews for next week, Devyn is apparently engaged. I did not know this until I saw that and was kind of surprised considering how she sort of threw herself at Scott.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Ahhh, ok. Interesting. I didn't catch the previews, Thanks!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev;3318966;
    Devyn is my least favorite roommate this season. She just seems like one of those people who thinks they're always right. I agree with those who say that JD was right to knock her down about the college educated vs. college dropout thing. I can understand her not wanting to be associated with the negative connotation of college dropout....but don't go harping on some subject that you only had a couple of classes on, ESPECIALLY to someone who really does have a degree in the field you're trying to present yourself as an expert on.

Remember a few episodes ago when she was bragging about the classes she'd had in acting. I remember her saying something to the effect of 'I'll definitely succeed in acting in New York because I've been trained during college and how many actors in New York can say that?' I wanted to reach through the screen, smack her, and say "Most of them!"

And the thing with Scott....it's like she marked him out as hers from the moment they met and the poor guy just has no interest in her. I don't know why she's so convinced that he's secretly in love with her, but she comes off as desperate.

As for the banging on pots thing...I don't really blame Ryan. Especially coming from a guy in the military where being on time is so important. I hate being late, and it drives me nuts when I'm with someone else and they're running behind. There were places they needed to be at a specific time on that trip and I think it was really rude of the girls not to be ready.

I kinda feel bad for Katelynn. I've known several people who have tried too hard to be something they're not and it's always painful to watch. I think she's going for the overfeminized thing just because it's so new though-I think in time she'll eventually find that spot where she's not trying so hard
    Actually, JD really pissed me off with the college dropout statement. He said it in a very condescending tone and was basically calling her an idiot. I have never heard him claim to have a degree in Psychology until that argument and he only said it when she was talking about her study of it so, to be honest, I think he's full of BS and doesn't have that degree at all. Besides, just because someone dropped out of college doesn't mean they have not continued their studies on a certain subject. There are libraries and the internet. My Mom never went to college due to life circumstances but she probably has the equivelent of a PhD in psychology because that's what she always wanted to do if she had the chance and has read every book she could get her hands on. She knows way more about psychology than my Dad does and he has a Master's degree in it. I am also a "college dropout" because I wasn't so responsible when I was 19 and just haven't had the opportunity to go back (althought that's about to change this summer but only because I'm making more money at my job) but I know a lot more than some of my coworkers that have degrees.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

He did mean it in a malicious way. Also, i heard Devyn say what his actually degree was in, i don't remember the name but i think she said something about Biology.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Yeah....Marine Biology, if I remember correctly. That is why he is training dolphins, even though he did start that earlier in his life.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

Let's face it: Devyn and JD are both pricks.

JD is a complete snake for putting out the transsexual's business. That girl trusted him with very personal information and he shared it with the boys as if it were gossip. Yes, he put on a disclaimer and told the boys to let her come out of the closet on her own terms. Still, he could have let her come out without spreading her business.

Devyn is a self-centered woman who has no idea how bad her weave looks. Yes, JD was wrong for the way he lashed out at her, but he was right! She is a college drop out. Why was she offended by that? He was stating a fact. Let's see what happens next week when she's called out for her two-timing ways.

+ Reply to Thread