+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real World: Brooklyn

Re: The Real World: Brooklyn

Quote Originally Posted by tfred;3310172;
    And amazingly, they've found that animals that have suffered thru a stressful situation, like being a part of a hoarding situation or going thru Katrina also can exhibit the same signs of PTSD that humans suffer thru. And you are right, it doesn't have to be a war situation tho that gets the most publicity.
    I absolutely agree about animals. My cousin who is only 51 but since she has a severe seizure disorder (long story but when she was 16 her crazy mother nearly beat her to death and she has had seizures ever since) lives in an assisted living center with her dog. The facility messed up her dosage (the medication she is on is absolutely unreal ) in October and she started having grand mawl (sp?) seizures and went into ICU and she had been there for about a month when I remembered about her dog and called up my Aunt (nice supportive stepmom, not psyco mom that beat her) to find out about the dog. Poor puppy had been stuck in a kennel for a month so we went and got him out and I took care of him until she got to go home in January. That poor dog will never go in a crate again. He totally freaked out being in the crate at the groomers. For the first month that I had him his hair was falling out and he was actually almost emaciated (not quite) because he was too upset to eat while in the kennel (run by a vet no less :nono). Anyway, by the time he got to go home he was so healthy that he was almost fat and his hair was growing back in quite nicely (the kennel chopped it all off) and was healthy and shiny, which is important for a Maltese. Anyway, it was clear that little Cricket was suffering from some major trauma being away from his mommy and stuck in a kennel where no one played with him or brushed him or payed any attention to him.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Has anyone heard about the next challenge? I would really like to see Ryan and Chet on there! For the girls, maybe Katelynn and.. yeah, just Katelynn.

I think this episode was needed because things were getting a little boring. I like the male vs. female storyline and all of the different drama surrounding it.

I can see both sides of the male & female argument. The guys can be immature and innapropriate at times but the girls can be so know-it-all like. I was actually on JD's side when he had his argument with Devyn. It annoyed me when she kept saying "I studied this in college, I've taken classes, etc." because she makes it seem as if she's more educated than JD and her opinion should be a law or something. Sure, what JD said was harsh but I probably would've said the same thing if I were in his shoes because it knocked Devyn off of her high horse. We've seen how she isn't very accepting of other opinions (her argument with Katelynn over the african american phrase comes to mind.)

When it comes to the flag issue however I was on the girls' side. I don't know the backstory or anything of the event and what atmosphere it was but I was always taught to behave in public. I don't think the guys meant any harm or anything but I would've just nicely asked them to keep still so I listen to the speaker. Katelynn went about it the wrong way by just elbowing them though.

It was so hard to watch Katelynn party it up in Gettysburg. It was kind of funny at the same time, but I was wincing while witnessing her treat the support pole like a stripper pole and then grind on the older man later on.

JD, please STFU! Oh my gosh, I couldn't believe that he completely outted Katelynn like that, at first with Chet then with Ryan and Scott. I think the guys already had a hunch of Katelynn's past, but it was JD who confirmed it for them. Like Katelynn says, it wasn't his secret to tell. When she confided with him about her past, she was probably expecting that he would respect her by not saying anything. Well, he failed.

awesomekina23, I'm with you. I was on the girls' side with the flag issue. Maybe the guys were just trying to "lighten up the mood," but there are times where you just have to be serious out of respect and not trying to lighten up anything. Actual people who lost their loved ones because of HIV/AIDS attended the event, and I would think that they would be mature enough to respect these people.

But then I actually agreed with JD when he called Devyn a "college drop-out" because, you know, she is, since she's not continuing her studies anymore. She may be "colleged educated," but she's also a drop-out. Not the best thing to hear about yourself, but there are times where you just have to accept the truth. But then JD lost me again when he interuptted Sarah while she was trying to make her point by saying, "And once again, Sarah is always right!" Ugh, like I said before, please STFU JD. Sarah may be harp-y with her statements, but I don't think she goes out of her way to shove her point down others' throats.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

I was cracking up at all of Ryans faces and sounds while Katelynn was telling him about her surgery etc. I've definitely grown to like him more.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3317633;
    I was cracking up at all of Ryans faces and sounds while Katelynn was telling him about her surgery etc. I've definitely grown to like him more.
    The thing that keeps me from fully liking the guy is how hypocritical he is. He cracks me up, definitely, like with when he said, "I asked Katelynn if she used her scrotum as a coin purse." It's kinda inappropriate, but since Katelynn jokes about the issue also, I had no problem with it and found it funny.

But like I said, he's hypocritical. Although it was more of wake-up call than a prank, don't you guys think that the banging of the pots was kind of similar to JD's shaving cream attack? Ryan was adamant about JD creating a prank while he was asleep, but then Ryan goes on and wakes others up with the pots. Like I said, it wasn't exactly a prank, but it's kind of on the same degree.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Katelynn is such a guy, in so many ways. As a guy, being a girl, she is trying waaay too hard. "Real" girls don't do much of what Katelynn does....to the extent that Katelynn does it. It's kind of like Katelynn "over-girls" it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3317644;
    The thing that keeps me from fully liking the guy is how hypocritical he is. He cracks me up, definitely, like with when he said, "I asked Katelynn if she used her scrotum as a coin purse." It's kinda inappropriate, but since Katelynn jokes about the issue also, I had no problem with it and found it funny.

But like I said, he's hypocritical. Although it was more of wake-up call than a prank, don't you guys think that the banging of the pots was kind of similar to JD's shaving cream attack? Ryan was adamant about JD creating a prank while he was asleep, but then Ryan goes on and wakes others up with the pots. Like I said, it wasn't exactly a prank, but it's kind of on the same degree.
    I didn't mind Ryan with the pots because it was the girls idea to go in the first place and the guys agreed to help with the event in Gettysburg. Alarm clocks are ringing all over the house and only the guys got up... which is so annoying when you are supposed to be going on a trip together and a few individuals do not RESPECT the group enough to get up on time. Also, I think the thing with the shaving cream was the fact that it made a big mess, not like ryan who does things like lacing shoe-laces together for fun. I am sure Ryan and Chet were probably angry over the 'messy' part of JD's prank but it got edited out to make the scene more dramatic.

I am not sure where I stand on the whole event issue with the flags. The edit did not show us much about the scene like the boys described it but I just can't imagine that all these guys would be so disrespectful ... I did hear a guy making a speech in the background and being comedic about his friend who died and how he wore tight pants--so there was some joking going on. I don't think I would approach an event like that but this may be the way that this particular group dealt with the horror and tragedy that this disease represents. Who am I to judge?

i agree w you on the devyn/jd argument. i don't even know how devyn got all involved like that since it was sarah and jd having a discussion. i want to like devyn, but i just can't, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by awesomekina23;3317600;
    I think this episode was needed because things were getting a little boring. I like the male vs. female storyline and all of the different drama surrounding it.

I can see both sides of the male & female argument. The guys can be immature and innapropriate at times but the girls can be so know-it-all like. I was actually on JD's side when he had his argument with Devyn. It annoyed me when she kept saying "I studied this in college, I've taken classes, etc." because she makes it seem as if she's more educated than JD and her opinion should be a law or something. Sure, what JD said was harsh but I probably would've said the same thing if I were in his shoes because it knocked Devyn off of her high horse. We've seen how she isn't very accepting of other opinions (her argument with Katelynn over the african american phrase comes to mind.)

When it comes to the flag issue however I was on the girls' side. I don't know the backstory or anything of the event and what atmosphere it was but I was always taught to behave in public. I don't think the guys meant any harm or anything but I would've just nicely asked them to keep still so I listen to the speaker. Katelynn went about it the wrong way by just elbowing them though.

she really does and it's painful to watch, lol.

if she's only a couple of months out of surgery, she may want to calm down w all the gyrating and what not. something might fall out of place or something, lol

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3317922;
    Katelynn is such a guy, in so many ways. As a guy, being a girl, she is trying waaay too hard. "Real" girls don't do much of what Katelynn does....to the extent that Katelynn does it. It's kind of like Katelynn "over-girls" it.

+ Reply to Thread