+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 309

Thread: The Real World: Brooklyn

  1. #121
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    585

    Re: The Real World: Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3304794;
    My half-sister's father molested her. He moved out of state and fell through the cracks with the court system. Police didn't want to deal with it (which is sadly sometimes status quo for sex crimes).

    Anyhow, my half-sister felt the need to move in with him at some point and more over felt the need to build a relationship with him to find closure.

    There is a lot of grooming and mind games that go on by people who molest and sometimes it causes some serious serious damage to the victim and it results in this kind of behavior.

    I don't find it bizarre at all that she would keep in contact with him.
    i guess it is easier said than done. it is just frustrating to see her not hang up on him. i wonder if he harasses the brothers likes this too.

  2. #122
    FoRT Lurker CrossingGuard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area / Boston
    Age
    21
    Posts
    5,836

    Re: The Real World: Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3304694;
    I read Sarah's blog and it does state the other inappropriate thing her father did. I'll put them in spoilers in case anyone doesn't want to read them.

    Click to see Spoiler:
    But trust me.. there is MUCH more to the story, my father would show my little brothers pornographic pictures of women in bondage when they were only 5 and 8 years old. My dad stood in front of me naked and tried to get me in bed with him. All disgusting and unacceptable for any father.


    I can't post a link to her blog on the FORT, but if you search for Sarah Real World blog, you'll be able to find it.

    I think it's important people realize that actual sex doesn't have to occur for a child to be sexually abused. And just because it can't be proved in a court doesn't mean it didn't happen. I work for a rape crisis center and I know firsthand how difficult it is to get a conviction in child sexual assault cases, but the kids are still traumatized.
    It's so unfortunate that Sarah had to suffer through this. I now understand her position and how she feels because although I still gave her the benefit of the doubt, her statements on TV ("He only brought one sleeping bag") left be a bit confused. It left me wondering if there was more to the story, and I now know that this is actually the case.

    Anyway, anyone else catch the newest episode? It was another good episode, I thought. I laughed at Scott's Guide to Dating that the others created just 'cause it's so true from what we've seen on TV. It's exactly what he does: bring the girl home, show her his modeling pictures, then go online and show her more pictures. Other than that, Scott is still not that much of an entertaining character. The others overshadow him.

    I don't like JD, but I think he truly felt bad after he did his prank. Ryan has kept his past pretty hidden the whole time, and if JD was more aware of Ryan's position, then I don't think he would have dropped shaving cream on his and Chet's beds. I do sympathize for Ryan with where he's coming from. I can't say I fully understand how he feels, since the only way I think you can fully understand how he feels is if you were a soldier in the army yourself. I just hope Ryan can grow from this experience and learn to let go of some of the stress he holds right now. I wish he was a bit more calm with the prank, but I can see where he's coming from.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 02-05-2009 at 02:39 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

  3. #123
    HELL-O DR OLIVER! stacerace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bethany, Oklahoma
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: The Real World: Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3304694;
    I read Sarah's blog and it does state the other inappropriate thing her father did. I'll put them in spoilers in case anyone doesn't want to read them.

    Click to see Spoiler:
    But trust me.. there is MUCH more to the story, my father would show my little brothers pornographic pictures of women in bondage when they were only 5 and 8 years old. My dad stood in front of me naked and tried to get me in bed with him. All disgusting and unacceptable for any father.


    I can't post a link to her blog on the FORT, but if you search for Sarah Real World blog, you'll be able to find it.

    I think it's important people realize that actual sex doesn't have to occur for a child to be sexually abused. And just because it can't be proved in a court doesn't mean it didn't happen. I work for a rape crisis center and I know firsthand how difficult it is to get a conviction in child sexual assault cases, but the kids are still traumatized.
    Thanks for posting this. I figured he really was an abuser but I wasn't about the convict the man without more information. Based on this I definitely believe Sarah that he is an abuser and I think that he totally needs to leave her alone.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

    "We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

    "Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

  4. #124
    FORT Fogey causingchaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: The Real World: Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;3304815;
    i guess it is easier said than done. it is just frustrating to see her not hang up on him. i wonder if he harasses the brothers likes this too.
    It's way easier said than done, especially is if it was an ongoing issue with thise porn and whatnot too. It's a mind game and very complicated dynamics there.

  5. #125
    FORT Fogey brunette trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,440

    Re: The Real World: Brooklyn

    How about Chet wanting to be a host on TRL? Only problem is that it's already canceled.

    And the Iraqi vet may not think he has PTSD, but he does have a lot of the symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

  6. #126
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,105

    Re: The Real World: Brooklyn

    If I'm remembering correctly, didn't somebody upthread say that war was good for people. I totally disagree. The military is probably really good for our young people, but war is good for no one.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  7. #127
    HELL-O DR OLIVER! stacerace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bethany, Oklahoma
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: The Real World: Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3308092;
    How about Chet wanting to be a host on TRL? Only problem is that it's already canceled.

    And the Iraqi vet may not think he has PTSD, but he does have a lot of the symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
    I think that Chet will probably end up doing better than TRL. I was quite impressed with his interviewing skills. I think he has a real future there. I'll be looking forward to seeing him do well in the future. I agree that Ryan has PTSD to an extent.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

    "We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

    "Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

  8. #128
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,105

    Re: The Real World: Brooklyn

    I hope that people understand that PTSD doesn't just apply to people who have been in 'war situatons', as is commonly thought of. Regular people (non war folks) can suffer from this, also. Your everyday life can put you in the PTSD mode. Scary to think about, but real.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  9. #129
    HELL-O DR OLIVER! stacerace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bethany, Oklahoma
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: The Real World: Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3308495;
    I hope that people understand that PTSD doesn't just apply to people who have been in 'war situatons', as is commonly thought of. Regular people (non war folks) can suffer from this, also. Your everyday life can put you in the PTSD mode. Scary to think about, but real.
    I totally understand that anyone can suffer from it. I believe that I suffered from PTSD after I was raped by my boyfriend at 20. It was left untreated because I couldn't tell anyone or even admit that I was raped until I was 25. Maybe it wasn't PTSD, I really don't know, but it was definitely severe depression.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

    "We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

    "Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

  10. #130
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    135

    Re: The Real World: Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3308495;
    I hope that people understand that PTSD doesn't just apply to people who have been in 'war situatons', as is commonly thought of. Regular people (non war folks) can suffer from this, also. Your everyday life can put you in the PTSD mode. Scary to think about, but real.
    And amazingly, they've found that animals that have suffered thru a stressful situation, like being a part of a hoarding situation or going thru Katrina also can exhibit the same signs of PTSD that humans suffer thru. And you are right, it doesn't have to be a war situation tho that gets the most publicity.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.