+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real World: Brooklyn

CNs Vampire times friend! beemicemm's Avatar

Re: The Real World: Brooklyn

[mod edit]

I really do love Sarah, I think she has great style, and she's adorable, and she has an amazing heart. My other favorite, of all people, is Chet. He kind of makes me want to convert to Mormanism hehe. I love that he completely shatters any idea of what I had about what a Morman was like. I think he's really a refreshing personality in a world where the Ikki twins and half naked girls make for fine daytime television.

The other person I really kind of like is Ryan. I think he gives off this initial vibe of "typical meathead", but the more I see from him, he seems more tolerant and willing to learn than even JD. He seems to have a real heart, and it's really sad that he will no doubt get a bad rap because of his PTSD. I do however, think he's the perfect personality to represent the military. To me he shows me what war can do to a good soul.

I've been a huge fan of the real world for years, Probably since around RW Boston, which after googling, is season 6. I've noticed that over the years it turned into a lot of alcoholism and such, and then turned into every other reality show where everyone is fake and is just looking to make it big, celebreality star style. This season, as was stated, brings things "back to basics", and I think it's awesome. I think though, if I had to make a prediction about who might leave the show early, at this point I'd have to say JD. He started out looking like this really great, tolerant guy and he's kind of turning uglier with each episode. It does seem like he has reasons for his behavior just like Ryan does, but I can almost see his past and issues with alcohol getting the best of him. We shall see, no?
    Last edited by Marleybone; 02-04-2009 at 07:08 PM.
    "It's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world..."

beemicemm, FoRT is full of comments that are a bit judgmental. We simply comment on what we see or hear, and the only thing Sarah said about her dad ever doing anything with her was bringing that 1 sleeping bag. Maybe they're trying to build up the storyline for the future by hiding key details, but for all we know, all he did was bring 1 sleeping bag during a time when she has already been harassed by that employee.

Quote Originally Posted by beemicemm;3300215;
    We really have no idea what Sarah's situation was, or what her father did. What she does say in the episode is that he tried to do something. I took that to mean that in addition to the one sleeping bag, he made advances that sent her screaming into the night. I know if I had a horrible story like that, I certainly would NOT feel comfortable going into explicit detail about it on national television. I think it's kind of disgusting that she is ostrasized for thinking she is awesome and strong in the face of this hardship. She IS awesome and strong for it. I couldn't imagine having to go through something like that with a family member. I mean really, I just can't comprehend why any of you would judge someone in that circumstance.
    She had no problem going into detail with the situtation that occurred with the day care center employee, so if she doesn't want to go in detail with her dad, I think the only reason for that is that it'll be brought up in the future.

I'm in full support of Sarah because I like that she stands up for herself. But I do think her situation is a bit peculiar with the minimal information we have. Maybe her dad was a creep, maybe he continuously touched her. But we don't know for sure. All we know is that he brought that 1 sleeping bag during a camping trip when Sarah was already scarred from getting sexually harassed from a day care employee. Getting more facts about her dad would be beneficial because that way, we would be more informed about how Sarah truly feels.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Newbie

I certainly would NOT feel comfortable going into explicit detail about it on national television.
    It's quite obvious the molestation story was a big reason why she was chosen for the Real World. I remember reading about it in the cast member descriptions on the MTV site before this season aired. If she really did not want to talk about the incident, she would not be on the show. If she really wanted to deal with the problem instead of talking about it to everyone (literally), there are legal ways to go about it.

It's also possible that MTV cut some footage because it could be considered slander.

CNs Vampire times friend! beemicemm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aka_vc;3301413;
    It's quite obvious the molestation story was a big reason why she was chosen for the Real World. I remember reading about it in the cast member descriptions on the MTV site before this season aired. If she really did not want to talk about the incident, she would not be on the show. If she really wanted to deal with the problem instead of talking about it to everyone (literally), there are legal ways to go about it.

It's also possible that MTV cut some footage because it could be considered slander.
    Right, and she did talk about it on the show. What I said was she probably didn't want to go into explicit detail. And by your way of thinking, if that was part of why she was chosen, it kind of proves it was more than just a sleeping bag incident, no? MTV wouldn't cast her just because she unjustly hates her father.
    "It's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world..."

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I can see why she'd be reticent about telling some people. There is nothing worse then having someone deny your feelings as if they weren't true. As if to say, " I know more and i know better then you".
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by beemicemm;3301716;
    MTV wouldn't cast her just because she unjustly hates her father.
    I wouldn't be so sure. They knew it will create drama on the show.

FORT Fanatic

[mod edit]

I really do love Sarah, I think she has great style, and she's adorable, and she has an amazing heart. My other favorite, of all people, is Chet. He kind of makes me want to convert to Mormanism hehe. I love that he completely shatters any idea of what I had about what a Morman was like. I think he's really a refreshing personality in a world where the Ikki twins and half naked girls make for fine daytime television.

The other person I really kind of like is Ryan. I think he gives off this initial vibe of "typical meathead", but the more I see from him, he seems more tolerant and willing to learn than even JD. He seems to have a real heart, and it's really sad that he will no doubt get a bad rap because of his PTSD. I do however, think he's the perfect personality to represent the military. To me he shows me what war can do to a good soul.

I've been a huge fan of the real world for years, Probably since around RW Boston, which after googling, is season 6. I've noticed that over the years it turned into a lot of alcoholism and such, and then turned into every other reality show where everyone is fake and is just looking to make it big, celebreality star style. This season, as was stated, brings things "back to basics", and I think it's awesome. I think though, if I had to make a prediction about who might leave the show early, at this point I'd have to say JD. He started out looking like this really great, tolerant guy and he's kind of turning uglier with each episode. It does seem like he has reasons for his behavior just like Ryan does, but I can almost see his past and issues with alcohol getting the best of him. We shall see, no?
    [mod edit]

we only can go by what sarah has said. based on what has been aired i am skeptical that her father was trying to do anything. i think that given her prior situation she was hypersensitive to any male touching her. perhaps her dad did show bad judgment by just bringing only ONE sleeping bag. but based on what she has said...nothing REALLY happened. because had something really happened more would have been done legally.

sarah is very theatrical. she wants to talk all big and bad. she goes around talking about how TOUGH she is. when people put on that much of a show to prove how (insert trait here)...i tend to think they are really not (that trait). a cool person does not have to go around saying they are cool. so a tough person would not have to run around saying how tough and strong they are.

[mod edit]
    Last edited by Marleybone; 02-04-2009 at 07:12 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

No one knows what went on with Sarah and her father EXCEPT Sarah and her father. I tend to lean more toward giving the child the benefit of the doubt when something like this arises. I always stop and think, "Now, who has the most to lose in this situation becoming public?"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3302857;
    No one knows what went on with Sarah and her father EXCEPT Sarah and her father. I tend to lean more toward giving the child the benefit of the doubt when something like this arises. I always stop and think, "Now, who has the most to lose in this situation becoming public?"
    people want to protect children so it is almost automatic to want to believe a child. however with people coaching kids and teaching bad touch/good touch that can be VERY confusing to such a small child, false allegations will be made.

also, think who has the MOST to gain in this type of situation? just the conversation sarah had with her mother made me think she was a big coacher of this behavior/situation.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't like that this man is trying to force his will on Sarah, when she has made her wishes known. People try to force their will on you when they want to control you. From my experience that is when you become staunchly proactive, and stop being reactive.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread