+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The City

The City

From the official site:

Show Summary
    It's a whole new world for 'The Hills' star Whitney Port, as she packs up and moves from the comforts of her hometown in Los Angeles, California, to the bright lights of Manhattan. With a great new job at global design house, Diane Von Furstenberg, a best friend from her past and a guy she's head-over-heels for, Whitney is taking a huge chance at a brand new life. Surrounded by all new friends, pursuing a fresh love life, and starting to work in the upper echelon of the fashion industry is a lot to navigate for a new girl in the big city... especially one who has everything to lose. In a city full of people with their own agendas, Whitney will have to quickly decide who she can trust and who to stay away from.

The Cast

Whitney

Born and raised in Los Angeles, Whitney has always been a California girl. But when an opportunity came along for her to work with Diane Von Furstenberg in New York, she knew the time had come to leave home and her friends to pursue her career in fashion. Now Whitney is taking on the Big Apple, with big hopes, plenty of fears, and only herself to rely on. Whitney has her work cut out for her, learning the ropes at a whole new level of the fashion industry, and on top of that, finding her way in the uber-competitive social scene of New York City. It's a far cry from Los Angeles. And if Whitney is going to make it here, she'll have to make it on her own.

Olivia

Don't hate her because she's beautiful. A socialite or better known in some circles as a 'social,' Olivia is a native of the Upper East Side, and knows New York City top to bottom. She lives an A-list lifestyle, whether she's attending a constant stream of society parties, charity events and celebrity galas -- or hosting her own famed rooftop dinner parties. Working in fashion PR for Diane Von Furstenberg, Olivia will teach Whitney a thing or two about New York ... whether Whitney likes it or not. Will Olivia's uptown sensibility clash with Whitney's downtown vibe? The only thing that's certain is Olivia won't be afraid to speak her mind along the way.

Erin

Erin and Whitney have known each other for years, and when Whitney moves to the city, Erin is the only person she can call a friend. Erin is a downtown party-girl who loves life, and confesses to dating three guys at once. Why settle for one, if you can get away with it. Who better than someone like Erin to help Whitney navigate the dating scene of New York City.

Samantha

In the divided world of the New York social scene, Samantha finds herself standing on both sides. She works as an assistant buyer at Bergdorf Goodman Uptown, and she fits right in with the Olivia Palermo's of the world -- they even date some of the same guys. But Samantha feels most at home going out with the Downtown crowd, and when she meets Whitney through Diane Von Furstenberg, the two become fast friends. Sammi is a down-to-earth girl in a high-class world, but she always manages to find herself in the center of the storm.

Jay
    The first time Whitney saw Jay, he lit up her life, and she knew they'd be together. The only question now is, how long will they last? Jay is a musician who likes to stay out late and party with his friends. Whitney thinks he's "beautiful," but she's not the only one. Jay adores Whitney, but will he give in to the temptations lurking around every corner in New York City? Or after having just gotten out of a long relationship will he step up and become the man that Whitney needs?

Adam
    A restaurant owner and model from Texas, Adam is Jay's best friend and roommate. Adam is completely devoted to his model girlfriend who travels the world constantly, but when she's away, the pressures of being young and beautiful in the big city can add up, and Adam is going to find that out the hard way.

This spin-off of a spin-off of a spin-off premiere on Dec 29 at 10pm on MTV.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Newbie

Re: The City

Thanks, CG!

If anyone has any other questions before the show or thoughts after the premier tomorrow, please feel free to leave them here.

You can catch the trailer on the official site listed above. And just to clarify it's 10p/9c only on MTV.

Kate, with The City and MTV.com

FORT Fan

I told myself I wasn't going to watch this. Ah, who am I fooling? I'll be tuned in.

When I scrolled down the page too quickly I thought that photo of Jay was Justin Bobby. Yikes! My mistake.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I know! Jay and Justin Bobby look a lot alike and even sound alike even though Jay has the accent. Olivia reminds me a bit of Mischa Barton (or however you spell her name).

I think Whitney is much prettier than "don't hate her because she's beautiful" Olivia.
    Olivia is more like a "New York City 5" - certainly not a 10.

On a fakeness scale of 1-10, with "The Hills" rating a 9 for fake, I have a feeling this show's fakeness will reach 11. Here's the thing, producers: If you're going to fake a life, fake a job, and fake a social circle in which the only friends are good looking yet probably as vacuous as dead-eyed Audrina, can't you at least make the fake central character somewhat interesting? The only remarkable thing about Whitney is her strange pronuncation of gerunds. And with that I have nothingk more to say.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Yep, this show is just as fake as the rest of them.

If you notice at the end, Jay is playing pool with his roomie while Whitney is at the dinner party. Jay's hair is shorter at the bar he's playing pool at. Then he supposedly goes and surprises Whitney at the party--his hair is noticeably longer.

FORT Fogey

Isn't Olivia an outcast? What's going on with her and Sammi (didn't she comment on not liking limp handshakes)? And what's up with insisting to have Jay (and persistently pestering Whitney about it) at her party (it's not like her party had a shortage of boys; didn't see any other girls except her, Whitney, and Erin)?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3258907;
    I know! Jay and Justin Bobby look a lot alike and even sound alike even though Jay has the accent.
    I see a lot of similarities between Justin Bobby-Audrina and Jay-Whitney.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Well Olivia is going to be the one we love to hate.....or just hate! Erin seems really sweet...and a real friend to Whitney. Jays a cutie...but he's a bad boy and might be "bad" for Whitney. Anyways...it may be scripted....but I'm watching!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast