+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The City

Re: The City

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl;3761903;
    Whitney deciding to bring Roxy along is the reason why I think Kelly backed out. I can't wait to see what happens next season between Olivia and Erin. Olivia made Joe Zee look pretty stupid without having that pertinent info about the outfits they did for the morning show.
    From the preview I saw it looks like Olivia gets more responsibility at Elle this season.

I think she makes Joe look stupid virtually every episode.
    Yes, she does have some connections, but none that Joe probably doesn't have himself or could get thanks to the Elle name.
    She really doesn't bring anything to the table, appears to have no real desire to learn anything and Joe's just an enabler because he's so enamoured with her and bails her out and makes excuses for her and that just feeds into her already overblown sense of entitlement.
    "That's Numberwang!"

The City is BACK. Tuesday, April 27th @10:30pm on MTV; following the new season of The Hills!!!

This season on "The City", Whitney, Roxy, Olivia and Erin will learn that in New York City, climbing your way to the top means doing it alongside both friends and enemies.

Whitney gets a last-minute chance of a lifetime -- a show at New York Fashion Week. After the chaos and fanfare subsides, Whitney has more than ever to do to prove herself as a designer. First up is creating a new line for the new season, and learning from Kelly Cutrone how to promote herself and her brand. She's still got Roxy in her corner, and Roxy owes her, both for a place to crash and the job at People's Revolution. But Roxy is learning that she's too strong-minded to live in Whitney's shadow.

At ELLE Magazine, Olivia and Erin are tasked by Joe Zee to find some way to get along. However, their competition is far from over as Olivia is offered an on-camera job by Joe. But Erin is at the top of her game, and sees through Olivia now more than ever. While climbing the ladder at one of the largest fashion magazines in the world, these two girls are about to discover there's only room for one at the top.

New season. New betrayals. New alliances.
    KAREN

At one point last season Kelly Cutrone was having an interesting conversation with Erin and I wondered if that might open the way for Erin to work at People's Revolution.

From what I can gather Erin is very good at her job and has genuinely worked her way up the ranks to her current position, as opposed to Olivia who just has things handed to her without being deserving.
    I think Erin would be a great addition to Kelly's team at PR.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3888875;
    At one point last season Kelly Cutrone was having an interesting conversation with Erin and I wondered if that might open the way for Erin to work at People's Revolution.

From what I can gather Erin is very good at her job and has genuinely worked her way up the ranks to her current position, as opposed to Olivia who just has things handed to her without being deserving.
    I think Erin would be a great addition to Kelly's team at PR.
    ITA w/you, fluff ... but in the meantime, Erin needs to wipe that awful grime look on her face ALL THE TIME ... it makes her look so unprofessional. BTW, Olivia's interview for ELLE.com with Anna Sui was GREAT!!

Something was up with my DVR, it cut off the very end of The City ... how did Whit's show go? Did she get all 24 of her outfits done?
    KAREN

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3889214;
    ITA w/you, fluff ... but in the meantime, Erin needs to wipe that awful grime look on her face ALL THE TIME ... it makes her look so unprofessional. BTW, Olivia's interview for ELLE.com with Anna Sui was GREAT!!

Something was up with my DVR, it cut off the very end of The City ... how did Whit's show go? Did she get all 24 of her outfits done?
    Yep, she did, and they were, for the most part, pretty cute. I don't know that she has the makings of a great designer, but she definitely didn't embarass herself, and her show went almost perfectly. You can catch reruns of the show all week, so you can see for yourself.

Erin really can't hide her disdain for Olivia, but honestly I can't blame her.
    It must be very irritating to work your way up to a great position at a company then see someone like Olivia just handed opportunities.
    Olivia did do pretty well for Elle.com, but I don't know why she was ever given the chance considering how poorly she appeared to handle other tasks she was given.
    For whatever reason Joe Zee thinks Olivia's fantastic and was obviously willing to force others to coddle her.
    I'm interested to see what her excuse will be for not supporting Whitney's line.

It was cool to see Kelly Cutrone show some genuine emotion, that wasn't anger, when talking to Whitney.
    She seems truly very fond of her and also seemed proud that Whitney had been able to pull the show together at short notice.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie

I want to throw rocks at my TV evertime Olivia is on camera. The way she talks, the way she acts - it SCREAMS spoiled rich brat. Ugh!

I LOVED the scene with Kelly and Whitney after the fashion show - actually made me teary. I loved that Kelly seems to have taken Whitney under her wing and has a soft spot for her - makes her more likable for sure!

Olivia is a grade A *itch! I was so happy that Erin kind of threw her under the bus in that meeting so totally deserved it.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3894402;
    Olivia is a grade A *itch! I was so happy that Erin kind of threw her under the bus in that meeting so totally deserved it.
    How interesting that Whitney, being as sweet and trusting as she is, thought that Olivia helped her get chosen. Wonder how this will play out. . . either Whitney will find out the truth before she next encounters Olivia, OR she won't, in which case she'll thank Olivia, who of course, will take all the credit for it! I'd love to see Whitney and Erin meet and discuss Olivia. That would be something!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3895320;
    How interesting that Whitney, being as sweet and trusting as she is, thought that Olivia helped her get chosen. Wonder how this will play out. . . either Whitney will find out the truth before she next encounters Olivia, OR she won't, in which case she'll thank Olivia, who of course, will take all the credit for it! I'd love to see Whitney and Erin meet and discuss Olivia. That would be something!!!!!
    We've seen the previews where Kelly asks where Palermo is and Erin says she doesn't want to support the line.
    Whitney is seen meeting with Olivia and telling her her behaviour makes her look like a bitch, but I don't know if this is the first meeting between the two of them.
    It would be interesting if this isn't their first meeting and if when they do first meet Olivia either outright tells Whitney she helped her or doesn't correct Whitney's impression that she did.

We saw another glaring example last night of why Elle should not be employing Olivia and why Joe Zee looks like or moron for doing so.
    People we'd never even seen before chimed in to say how impressed they were with Whitney's collection. It was a clear hit among the employees at the meeting who expressed an opinion, apart from Olivia.
    Olivia wasn't even able to articulate why she wasn't impressed by it, if there is a valid reason at all, I suspect it's likely because it was designed by Whitney and Olivia has no desire to help her.
    Of course Olivia isn't obliged to help her if she doesn't rate the collection too highly, but the fact that many people at that table did should at least make Joe Zee question this "great eye" he's so convinced Olivia has.
    Last edited by fluff; 05-06-2010 at 03:05 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread