+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The City

Re: The City

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3751402;
    I don't know....but either way, I can't stand her.
    I can't either. I really hope that she is acting on The City and isn't that much of a brat in real life. I would be embarassed if I were parents.

I LOVE how Kelly Cutrone makes it own how much she dislikes Roxy.

Did anyone notice how when that guy from Elle (the fashsion editor?) was going over how he what he was thinking of how Brooklyn Decker should be dressed for the shoot, Olivia kept saying to everything he suggested 'Oh I love that' and then would repeat his ideas.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3752869;
    Did anyone notice how when that guy from Elle (the fashsion editor?) was going over how he what he was thinking of how Brooklyn Decker should be dressed for the shoot, Olivia kept saying to everything he suggested 'Oh I love that' and then would repeat his ideas.
    Yeah! Isn't OLIVIA the one who's supposed to come up with the ideas to please her boss, not the other way around!!??!! Do you all think that Olivia's going to finally get 'hers' (the boot), or do you think she'll continue to get away with being smarmy and opportunistic?

I hope Olivia gets her's soon. I don't understand why Joe Zee is so gaga over her. I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl;3753638;
    I hope Olivia gets her's soon. I don't understand why Joe Zee is so gaga over her. I don't get it.
    Interesting that there are two similar "bad employee" scenarios going on in the show right now. . .

OLIVIA: Why is Joe Zee so gaga over Olivia? Well, probably cause she's gorgeous, coquettish, and can be very charming at times. (Plus, she really plays people!) It's just sad and frustrating when IN SPITE OF HIS SEEING HER MISTAKES he completely overlooks them and makes excuses for her --- and he is even starting to blame Erin now for not giving Olivia sufficient "guidance"!!!!! GRRRRRR!!!

ROXY: At least with Kelly and Roxy, Kelly makes it perfectly clear that she dislikes Roxy and that Roxy is mediocre at best, and a complete waste of time (and maybe even detrimental to her business) at worst. I just wonder why Kelly let Roxy go to Miami last week with Whitney. It has to have been the show's producer's influence, because I can't believe that in 'real life' Kelly would've done that.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3753957;

ROXY: At least with Kelly and Roxy, Kelly makes it perfectly clear that she dislikes Roxy and that Roxy is mediocre at best, and a complete waste of time (and maybe even detrimental to her business) at worst. I just wonder why Kelly let Roxy go to Miami last week with Whitney. It has to have been the show's producer's influence, because I can't believe that in 'real life' Kelly would've done that.
    I wonder WHY Whitney continues to have anything to do with Roxy....she is an airhead.... It definitely has to be the show.

I will say as far as Erin is concerned....she needs to move on from all her anger with Olivia....she comes across JEALOUS to me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3754069;
    I wonder WHY Whitney continues to have anything to do with Roxy....she is an airhead.... It definitely has to be the show.
    Actually, I'm thinking Roxy might be acting as the villian just for the show b/c I've seen Whitney's, Roxy's, and Sammie's Twitter pages, and they all seem to be really, really close to one another. I was really surprised to see Sammie and Roxy's really friendly tweets to each other. And Whitney's BFFs references to both of them. Who knows what the real deal is.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl;3753638;
    I think maybe Joe is just trying to look at Olivia from the business perspective, and not really care about her personally? Maybe just how Elle could benefit from her - although, I'm not seeing her to possess any superstar-superior fashion talent.

I have really grown to like this show, and was happy to hear that it will be brought back for a new season! But I can't figure something out about Whitney. . . she seems to be a very sweet girl, but she's utterly lacking a spine! In fact it's so bad that she is continually jeopardizing her own career (and in a couple of the episodes her social life too) by insisting on having Roxy be a part of everything she does. At best, Roxy brings nothing to the table that would help Whitney either in her attempt to move forward in her career or her private life, and at worst, Roxy is self-centered (sometimes even mean spirited), reckless, and impedes Whiteney in every encounter that they show!!! I can't believe that Kelly hasn't fired her by now! But regardless, why would Whitney keep insisting that Roxy be involved in everything she does? Is she so stupid that she thinks that Roxy is somehow good for her in some way -- and at the same time, is she so in awe of, or intimidated by, Roxy that she can't say "no" to her?

Whitney deciding to bring Roxy along is the reason why I think Kelly backed out. I can't wait to see what happens next season between Olivia and Erin. Olivia made Joe Zee look pretty stupid without having that pertinent info about the outfits they did for the morning show.

FORT Fogey

Something I didn't get was if Olivia didn't know the price points for the outfits, why did she say after the segment was over, something about her packing everything up, including the polaroids of the outfits with the price points? Both Joe and Erin were right there when she said that. Regardless of whether or not Erin went over the price points for the new outfits she pulled, Olivia should have taken the initiative to find out the price points. She should have felt that was part of her responsibility to know all of the details. She should have wanted to know.

+ Reply to Thread