+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The City

Re: The City

Whitney is a bore and will never fit in in NYC. She is not all that and her only job is working for MTV not the designer.

Olivia looks like a "young" Julia Roberts. She is so pretty BUT a SNOB/T.

Why did Olivia tell her cousin Whitney left the shoot early? And him getting a fine for spitting.

DH & I are middle-age, we lived in NYC from 2000-2004 while he was on contract to do engineering for the PANY/NJ and we paid $3600 a month.......how does a 20 something afford THAT?????

I love NYC...I am jealous...I want to be there!!!!!!!!!!!

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

She's getting paid by MTV to be on TV.....thats how. And maybe they are helping her out with the rent....if not all of it.

Ten years ago I paid $750 for a 150-square-foot university-subsidized apartment in Morningside Heights with a view of a wall and a kitchen in the hall closet. That apartment's got be at least $4,000-$6,000.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I remember reading somewhere that Whitney's job is fake.. SURPRISE!
    I'm a mess and you're worse
    Just give me time to give you a waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by reberr;3273384;
    I remember reading somewhere that Whitney's job is fake.. SURPRISE!
    According to Wikipedia: "Whitney graduated from the University of Southern California with a degree in gender studies where she roomed with Christina Schuller, former Laguna Beach cast member and friend of Lauren Conrad.
    Before working at Teen Vogue, Port was an intern for Women's Wear Daily magazine for two summers. She also interned at W magazine as well."

How does one get a job in the fashion world with a college degree in "gender studies"?

This show is so far from "reality" - I only watch it because it's so fake it's good for a few laughs and I hate MTV for thinking we - the viewers - are stupid enough to believe it's "real".
    I'm looking forward to watching tonight's latest episode just so I can hate on Jay even more.

I had intentions to not watch the show but I did anyway as usual. I had more respect for Whitney than Audrina but now since seeing how she is with Jay, it's like watching Audrina and Justin Bobby all over again.

Here's a recap of last nights episode:

Whitney does the styling on the window displays for a DVF fashion event. Whitney meets a new guy, Chris, from the accounting department at that event. Chris and Whitney go out to lunch. Whitney tells Jay she went to lunch with a guy from work. Jay meets Whitney at her apartment that evening and tells her he wants her to be his girlfriend exclusively and Whitney says "yes". The end.

This show sucks.

FORT Fogey

Although I applaud Olivia for steering clear off drama, I thought her flicking off Whitney who wanted to share info of goings-on was so stand-offish. She could have been a little classier and not sound preachy and condescending (You're 23, right?). It was almost painful to watch.

FORT Fogey

Allie's pretty but I find her face "smooshed".

+ Reply to Thread