+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The City

Re: The City

I think Roxy looks exactly like Patricia Wettig, but brunette.
    I did know they were her parents since she was on The Hills when Stephanie went over to Brody in a club and tried to get him to leave with her instead of staying with Lauren.

I really hope Kelly doesn't take Roxy to task over the Lights clothing fiasco.
    She should take most of the blame herself for trying to push Whitney's line on Lights when her clothes don't fit Lights' aesthetic.
    Kelly can't automatically blame Roxy and side with Whitney all the time.
    Last week after she immediately said "Didn't you write that order?" to Roxy after the buyer cancelled his order. Once Roxy explained what she'd done Kelly made a hand motion and said, "swinging away from you." I think she was trying to say that it wasn't Roxy's fault. At least I hope that was what she was saying.
    "That's Numberwang!"

She does look like her mom. I am curious to see Kelly's take on this. For a long time she seemed to think Roxy was bad news for Whitney professionally but lately Roxy has come into her own. Certainly Kelly know Whiteny's clothes aren't for everyone. I wonder how Twit feels now after seeing the episode.

Crap ... just realized my dvr did not record this week's epi ... off to go find it on MTV!
    KAREN

When watching the episodes on mtv, I find that they often don't include the full episode but stop at some point long before it should be over.

Anybody else find this happens where you get only a partial episode although it claims to be playing the full one?

I did see the part about Roxy and Whitney at the "concert" and I think Whitney should not be blaming Roxy. She's being bitchy and it doesn't suit her.

I felt bad for Roxy again this week when she met with her dad.
    I get the impression she was quite a handful growing up and he's obviously at the point where he no longer wants to finance her failed attempts at finding a career. She does seem to be doing well at People's Rev but I felt like her dad wanted her to give up her job and move back home.
    He'd rather sub her to be in L.A. walking the dogs than help her pay rent to stay in New York where she has a job.

Whitney annoyed me again this episode. Thanks to this show she has people falling over themselves to help her and she doesn't seem grateful.

I'd love to know how it is that Olivia can get away with being so dismissive to the PR director, fashion director and creative director of Elle.
    Both Alexis and Joe got "we'll see" as the response when they told her to incorporate some of Whitney's pieces into the Ashley Greene interview.
    That silver jacket that they keep showing us is hideous, imo.
    It looked so unflattering and added pounds to Greene.
    I think Olivia's opinion on the collection might be right, but whatever she thinks of it, it she's told by superiors to include pieces she should do it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Was that the season finale? If that is how Elle is really run it's a freakin' zoo. Know who really annoys me? Joe. Every time someone says something he agrees. He doesn't have a mind of his own. It's like he doesn't have his own brain. Shocker...Olivia keeps her job and gets a promotion. Gee and here I thought Louise would get her job and she would stay in Japan. Did anyone really think that was happening? lol I liked Louise too. I wish she could have stayed.

And if Whitney didn't hire that PR lady and she spread dirt without her consent and a contract in place she should go running from her. Dear Lord. lol

creepy Olivia gets a promotion??? seriously? and i was hoping she would be fired. rats!

I guess I will have to try and watch it but on mtv's site i can't ever get it to show the whole episode, it stops after the first few scenes.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3983015;
    Was that the season finale? If that is how Elle is really run it's a freakin' zoo. Know who really annoys me? Joe. Every time someone says something he agrees. He doesn't have a mind of his own. It's like he doesn't have his own brain. Shocker...Olivia keeps her job and gets a promotion. Gee and here I thought Louise would get her job and she would stay in Japan. Did anyone really think that was happening? lol I liked Louise too. I wish she could have stayed.

And if Whitney didn't hire that PR lady and she spread dirt without her consent and a contract in place she should go running from her. Dear Lord. lol
    Season finale? I thought I heard an announcer say that it was the series finale. Could that be true????? I hope not, as I've really grown to love this show!

I wish Whitney all the luck in the world --- and hope she starts making some responsible, mature business decisions. I guess you learn by your mistakes, but the fashion biz apparently doesn't afford one many mistakes. . . unless you're Olivia, of course. Then, you get to make all the mistakes you want, be lazy, deceitful and unresponsive, take credit for other people's work, make poor judgments, not show up for (or be late for) appointments, do boring interviews, stab people behind their back, kiss up to your bosses and other VIPs --- (have I forgotten anything? I'm sure I have!) -- and you get rewarded with a trip to Japan and a promotion!!!!

I did get to watch the finale. I hope it isn't the end of the show too because I have come to like it more than the Hills, which I never liked much after Lauren left.

It was disappointing that Joe chose to promote Olivia, but the opportunity Louise had sounded better in LA. She deserves something good but I hate to think Olivia will keep being part of this show. I can't stand her. She's such a snob and her attitude sucks.

I hope Whitney is careful who she chooses to do business with. That lady with the candy company seems strange to me. I can't imagine that all of her clients come in and get candy pushed on them, but we saw it with our own eyes didn't we? How odd. And if she is spreading rumours when Whitney had clearly told her she needed to sleep on it, then she is indeed bad news and Whitney should proceed with extreme caution. Kelly helped Whitney alot and she deserves to be treated with respect by Whitney. I know it wasn't her fault but I hope she put a stop to that rumour.

Sort of looking forward to the next season.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3983015;

Yes!! I couldn't believe that at the end, Whitney was still weighing the idea of signing with her. That was horrible!

+ Reply to Thread