+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The City

Re: The City

Olivia did ok with the Kesha pull, although she still hasn't got it through her skull that she needs to pull a lot more stuff.
    She's so arrogant that she thinks she can pull a couple of things and her choices will all be perfect yet almost every time someone reviews her selections the first thing they say is that there isn't enough stuff there.

Kesha should not be anywhere near a music issue of a magazine.

I thought Whitney was very mean to Roxy. How on earth is it Roxy's fault if a buyer cancels an order?
    Kelly should not have brought up the fact that Roxy wrote up the order unless she made a mistake. She really opened the door for Whitney to blame Roxy for something that Roxy had no control over.

Looks like she's going to do the same thing next week when Lights doesn't wear any of Whitney's line on stage.
    Does she expect Roxy to force Lights to wear Whitney's clothes and if so how does she expects Roxy to go about that?
    Bribe her with cash or intimidate her with threats of physical violence?
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3949601;
    Olivia did ok with the Kesha pull, although she still hasn't got it through her skull that she needs to pull a lot more stuff.
    She's so arrogant that she thinks she can pull a couple of things and her choices will all be perfect yet almost every time someone reviews her selections the first thing they say is that there isn't enough stuff there.

Kesha should not be anywhere near a music issue of a magazine.

I thought Whitney was very mean to Roxy. How on earth is it Roxy's fault if a buyer cancels an order?
    Kelly should not have brought up the fact that Roxy wrote up the order unless she made a mistake. She really opened the door for Whitney to blame Roxy for something that Roxy had no control over.

Looks like she's going to do the same thing next week when Lights doesn't wear any of Whitney's line on stage.
    Does she expect Roxy to force Lights to wear Whitney's clothes and if so how does she expects Roxy to go about that?
    Bribe her with cash or intimidate her with threats of physical violence?
    I thought it was a pretty good epi.
    Wow, so buyers can come into a show like this one, order up all these clothes and then back out of the order without having to be responsible for anything????

I totally think that Whitney should have been the one to follow up with each buyer that selected clothes from her line. As Roxy said, she was just WRITING the orders down. And if that one buyer had signed an order, why isn't he responsible in any way????

Wait, those shoes that Kesha wore ... wasn't that the contact that Louise knew ... not Olivia, yet, Olivia told Erin she pulled them and she knew the contact ... ? L & O were having lunch and I believe Olivia told Louise she knew OF the contact but then I thought Louise said she actually knew the contact PERSONALLY ... hmmm, am I wrong about that ...?

Ya, next week looks intense.
    KAREN

I seem to recall Kelly saying something about getting 50% down on all orders.
    Perhaps Roxy didn't get a commitment to pay that 50%. I don't really think it's her job to do that, unless she was specifically told to.
    Whitney's already spoken to her about overstepping her boundaries but it looks like she expected her to do everything with those orders.

I don't know who had the Nicholas Kirkwood personal contact.
    I seem to remember Louise mentioning the shoes when Olivia said Kesha was into trash (how fitting) and then Olivia saying she'd already pulled the shoes or contacted someone about them.
    Who knows what the truth of that is?

I suspect if Olivia had told Erin the name of her contact Erin might have called that person to see if Olivia really did pull the shoes.
    Erin might have seen the first season episodes where Olivia took credit for the DVF outfit Whitney pulled for Jessica Alba (I think) to wear on the cover of Elle.
    That was the incident that caused Joe Zee to fall in love with Olivia as I recall.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Not to defend Olivia, who gives new meaning to the term condescending bitch, why would Erin ever be involved in editorial decisionmaking? I've worked at magazines, and can count on one hand the number of times I crossed paths with our public relations people. They're on the business side company -- organizationally and even physically -- and writers and editors are on the editorial side. If a PR person insinuated herself into content, she'd be fired.

Maybe it's different for the big glossy consumer magazines, or more likely, this arrangement is solely for the show. It's one more phony construct, just like the issues hitting the stand in the same episode as the interviews and photography.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I've asked myself that question too, candor and think it might just be because of the show, although Erin does seem far mroe knowledgable about what to pull for shoots and segments so I do have to wonder whether it is something she's expected to have some say in.
    I also think it's because of the show that they work in adjacent cubicles.
    If I was the senior PR person at Elle I'd want an office, facing that view that Lousie mentioned when she came to their desks, not a cubicle with a view of Olivia's back.
    Last edited by fluff; 06-25-2010 at 12:58 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Now that Whitney has launched her first line, she needs to seriously learn about the business/financial management side of her business endeavor, or she's going to keep going down this haphazard road. Even assuming that Roxy has been helpful to Whitney until now, at this point Whitney needs to get someone who is a real assistant, and who knows what steps have to be taken in order to get an order committed to and paid for. Roxy is not only out of her league, at this point, but she seems to have other aspirations for her own career, and I think she's only helping Whitney out as a friend --- not as a career move. It'll be interesting to see what she says to her dad (Ken Olin) in the next episode.

Olivia, Olivia, Olivia. . . she did okay with her choice of outfits for the Martha Steward Show, but I cringe everytime she does well, cause I just want to see her get her comeuppance. She doesn't have to get fired, she just needs to develop a work-ethic! I know she's a fashion snob and all that, but many wealthy sophisticated folks work very hard --- and if she's in the business (and the key word is "business"), then she has to satisfy her employer by doing well. Oh! I forgot! Joe Zee is her employer, and he thinks she's fabulous!!!

I haven't see this week's episode yet, but I'm becoming more and more annoyed with Whitney.
    I don't think she knows she's born. She's had opportunities thrown at her as a result of being on this show.
    She has a "fairy godmother" in the form of Kelly Cutrone looking after her interests, magazines coming to her to use her clothing on their pages and got a private audience with two influential people at Elle to show her latest line.
    She has no idea what regular young designers have to go through to get noticed and she seems to take it all for granted to me.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Just watched the show and even allowing for the fact I'm very pro Roxy at the moment I still think Whitney was completely out of order.

Kelly was at fault for even pairing this assignment with Whitney Eve.
    Lights is nothing like Whitney's "girl". I think it was a miracle that Roxy could even find one article of clothing that Lights was willing to wear.
    Kelly should have stepped back from her zeal to promote Whitney and paired Lights with a designer who makes clothes she'd actually wear.
    I think Roxy did everything she could to get Lights in one of Whitney's pieces.

I thought it was incredibly rude for Whitney to suggest that Roxy shouldn't be in the business just because Lights didn't want to wear her clothing.
    Roxy did well to keep her cool at that point. I know I wouldn't have done.
    Then, we see in the previews after snapping at Roxy last week and this and insulting her Whitney as the audacity to bitch that Roxy is going to move out and apparently "leave her high and dry".
    Seriously, what on earth does she expect her to do?
    "That's Numberwang!"

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Whitney lost mad points with me over last night's episode.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I never knew Roxy's last name and almost died when I saw Ken Olin in previews and that he was her dad and Patricia Wttig was her mom. Now it makes sense that she was on Brothers and Sisters. lol I like her parents a lot.

I like Whitney but she should be ashamed of herself. Roxy pushed as hard as she could and practically threw Whitney's clothes in the girl's face and she just didn't like them. She's a rocker not a pretty frilly girl. The jacket looked good on her and that was about as hardcore as Whitney gets. I thought it was very disrespectful to throw the jacket on the floor. Whitney was out of line and Roxy really does try her best. I remember recently when Kelly had a client come in and she told Roxy Whitney's stuff wasn't their style and Roxy still tried to introduce the pieces to make some sales for her. And threatening Roxy that Kelly would be mad was mean. Funny we didn't see that scene. I guess we will see if Kelly comes down on her next week but I hope not. Kelly knows better. What is Roxy supposed to do? Hold a gun to their heads?

And now she's whining that Roxy will leave her high and dry? You hurt her feelings, blame her for things beyond her control, insult her professionally, and then think she should live with you? Pay your own rent, big shot. You treat her like a minion.

+ Reply to Thread