+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The City

Re: The City

is it wrong how badly I want Olivia to get fired?????? Come on Joe! I just don't get it! But then again, I work with people just like her that somehow manage to get away with never doing anything over and over! they aren't as well dressed as her, but equally annoying!!!

As Seth said, "she has powerful friends..." at Elle.
    I suspect she might be in a stickier situation job wise were it not for the MTV cameras though and might not have been given as many chances to get things right.
    Elle is benfitting from MTV filming Olivia's workplace.
    They're filming her, not Elle and if she were to leave I suspect the cameras would follow her, if she wished to still be followed.

She was a gifted a job that a lot of young women interested in fashion would kill for and she seems barely able to muster the enthusiam to do an adequate job.

It did look like she might be attempting to up her game next week though since Louise stood in at the last minute and did a better job than Olivia would have managed with the Badgley Mischka interview.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3931471;
    As Seth said, "she has powerful friends..." at Elle.
    I suspect she might be in a stickier situation job wise were it not for the MTV cameras though and might not have been given as many chances to get things right.
    Elle is benfitting from MTV filming Olivia's workplace.
    They're filming her, not Elle and if she were to leave I suspect the cameras would follow her, if she wished to still be followed.

She was a gifted a job that a lot of young women interested in fashion would kill for and she seems barely able to muster the enthusiam to do an adequate job.

It did look like she might be attempting to up her game next week though since Louise stood in at the last minute and did a better job than Olivia would have managed with the Badgley Mischka interview.
    true, Louise rocked it, she was a natural! Olivia always seems so uncomfortable and awkward and I just detest her sense of entitlement, she seems to be the epitome of a stuck-up person lol

I started watching this show again and I also want to see Olivia fired in the worst way. I would rather watch them follow Erin than Olivia although she may not be much in the way of drama as she is a hard worker apparently.

Gee... she's pretty and she's a good valuable worker for Elle and yet MTV probably would pull the cameras and keep following the slimy Olivia instead. *sighhhhhh*

Yeah that's what it is about Olivia I don't like. She's like ... oily. lol.

I hate the way Olivia talks to Erin, it's always very b!tchy and dismissive. Ugh!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Olivia has a way of closing her eyes just a tad, in a way that literally makes it look as if she's looking down on others. So I actually tried this myself -- the heavy-lidded thing, and it's crazy: It honestly makes you feel superior (or at least feel as if you look superior) just by doing it! Try it, I'm not kidding.

I'm really enjoying Roxy this season.
    Aside from the meeting at Glamour where she seemed to overstep, she does seem to have Whitney's best interests at heart, wants to help her succeed and is happy for her when she does.
    I'm pleased that she's done well in her last few assignments.

Olivia and Louise's interviews for Elle.com were worlds apart, imo.
    Even from the small clips we saw and allowing for the fact the show can edit things how they want, Lousie's seemed so much more polished and professional.
    Can Joe Zee really not get access to Zac Posen unless he uses Olivia's personal connections?
    That seems ridiculous to me
    "That's Numberwang!"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3938217;
    I'm really enjoying Roxy this season.
    Aside from the meeting at Glamour where she seemed to overstep, she does seem to have Whitney's best interests at heart, wants to help her succeed and is happy for her when she does.
    I'm pleased that she's done well in her last few assignments.

Olivia and Louise's interviews for Elle.com were worlds apart, imo.
    Even from the small clips we saw and allowing for the fact the show can edit things how they want, Lousie's seemed so much more polished and professional.
    Can Joe Zee really not get access to Zac Posen unless he uses Olivia's personal connections?
    That seems ridiculous to me
    Fluff, you took the words right out of my mouth! I was really, really disliking Roxy in the beginning, mainly because she seemed very underhanded -- but you're right --- she does seem to genuinely want to help Whitney succeed. She's still far from perfect, and very self-indulgent, but at least she's not someone we love to hate.

Now Olivia on the other hand. . . what a piece of work she is!!! Joe Zee is completely enamored with her --- and I absolutely don't get it. I do understand the appeal in hiring her, because she has a way of making herself look very attractive to people who could advance her career -- BUT once she starts working and shows herself to be the lazy, inadequate, incompetent social-climber that she is, I can't believe she can hold onto the job! At first I thought that Joe Zee was only keeping her because of MTV and The City -- but not only would he be a fool to jeopardize his magazine and his own job for the sake of a reality show, but he genuinely seems to think Olivia is wonderful!

It seemed to me that on this last episode for some reason they decided to sort of keep Olivia AND the other girl and let them compete for the job? is that what they are doing? it wasn't very clear whether there had been any upheaval at all due to the phone call the lady was going to make. Erin must be really frustrated as I know I would be if I had to work with Olivia. Yuck. I just don't like her.

Forget about Olivia being fired (her day will come), I would just love to see her crack a smile. Holy Jeebus, it's as if her pretty porcelain face will crack into a thousand pieces if she actually smiles.

+ Reply to Thread