+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The City

Re: The City

I have to say, I'm really not keen on Seth.
    It seems as though he's fuelling the situation between Erin and Olivia.
    Smarmy around Olivia one minute then criticising her to Erin the next.

Unless Erin asked him to, I saw no reason for him to call Erin in L.A. and tell her that he hadn't seen Olivia in the office or that she was going to lunch with Alexis.
    He seems like quite the stirrer.

Hopefully Whitney has now realised that Roxy isn't the best person to take to meetings where you need to make a favourable impression.
    I thought her styling of Whitney's skirt at the Glamour office was awful and her explanation that it was a "ballerina hooker, not hooker-hooker, kinda Britney Spears" was a lot of words to say nothing, this after criticising the look Whitney was putting together.
    I think she's a fun character to have in the show, but Whitney needs to listen to Kelly, after all the help Kelly's given Whitney she must surely realise she isn't trying to steer her wrong, and stop taking Roxy everywhere she goes before people think they're a design partnership.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Whitney needs to grow up and let Roxy do her own thing. I wish she would not take her with when she goes to these meetings and such, as I think it makes her look bad.

The question I have is this: what exactly is it that Roxy is trying to do to Whitney or accomplish here? I've never heard an exact accusation of what it is Kelly thinks she is trying to do to Whitney, unless it is just that she doesn't quite fit in with the fashion people.

Whitney has designed some cute stuff. Very much improved over what I saw last season. I like this show better than the Hills. I just want Whitney to toughen up.

It seemed fairly obvious in the last episode that Olivia thinks Guess is beneath her.
    She didn't want to even go to pick out clothes, was unenthusiastic when she got there and didn't wear the clothes at the Elle event. The excuse that things didn't fit was an obvious lie.
    I don't know why she even gets invited to the parties. "Editor" is a lofty title for what she does and her continued invitations to events seems to be because Joe is impressed by how many people she knows rather than it being necessary for her job.
    Looks like she didn't get any interviews at the Elle/Guess party and I can't imagine her coming through with the promised Marc Jacobs interview either.

I was irritated by Whitney saying to Kelly that she didn't know how much more negativity she could hear after the showing with Anne Slowey and Joe at Elle.
    I don't think she knows how easy she's had it with her design career so far.
    Her designs really aren't anything new or unique and she's very fortunate to gave had Kelly shepherding her.
    Last edited by fluff; 06-07-2010 at 08:41 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3925851;
    It seemed fairly obvious in the last episode that Olivia thinks Guess is beneath her. She didn't want to even go to pick out clothes, was unenthusiastic when she got there and didn't wear the clothes at the Elle event. The excuse that things didn't fit was an obvious lie.
    I don't know why she even gets invited to the parties. "Editor" is a lofty title for what she does and her continued invitations to events seems to be because Joe is impressed by how many people she knows rather than it being necessary for her job.
    Looks like she didn't get any interviews at the Elle/Guess party and I can't imagine her coming through with the promised Marc Jacobs interview either.

I was irritated by Whitney saying to Kelly that she didn't know how much more negativity she could hear after the showing with Anne Slowey and Joe at Elle. I don't think she knows how easy she's had it with her design career so far. Her designs really aren't anything new or unique and she's very fortunate to gave had Kelly shepherding her.
    Whitney seems to be too sweet and fragile to have an easy time as a designer. Even if her designs were outstanding, (which, sadly, they're not), it's a very tough, demanding business with a lot of rejection and criticism.

Olivia, oddly enough, has the tough skin to succeed. She is lazy and snobby, but she either ignores the criticisms against her (denial?) or just takes herself out of the situation. I can't stand her, but she's a total kiss-up, and she'll probably always have some glitzy job. Whitney, who I love, will probably not do well as a designer, and will probably end up in some mediocre position in the fashion world ---
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 06-07-2010 at 10:05 AM.

Whitney really has had it pretty easy so far.
    Her involvement with MTV has opened many doors for her and gained her jobs with DVF, Teen Vogue and People's Revolution. Of course she may have been able to secure those jobs without the show, but the chances of that are slim, imo. The publicity that having an MTV camera crew at their premises was likely the deciding factor in employing Whitney, imo.
    I doubt Joe Zee and Anne Slowey, Bergdorf buyers, Glamour mag and Rue La La would be as keen on meeting with or featuring Whitney if it weren't for the cameras either and her line is bankrolled by her wealthy father apparently. It's not as though she's had a tough time of things so to hear her lamenting about a little criticism is slightly annoying.
    "That's Numberwang!"

OK, guys, my dvr cut off at the end ... what happened with Olivia? Did she get in trouble for not following through on the Marc Jacobs interview for ELLE.com and for sleeping late?

I love The City much more than The Hills as at least this is 90% career-oriented with the cast and 10% drama ... The Hills is almost no filming of anyone's career ... I mean a bit of Lo at SmashBox and Audriana at her job (is it Epic Records) ... but what does Kristen, Brody, Stephanie, JB, Frankie do for work????? Wayyyy tooo much drama over on The Hills.

I love watching all the inner workings of the NYC FASHION WORLD!!!
    KAREN

It won't be on up here until 10pm eastern.
    Whatever Olivia did wrong there will likely be no come back, there never has been before.
    Even when Joe told her off for not wearing Guess at the Elle do she rather made light of it and he just let it go.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3929234;
    It won't be on up here until 10pm eastern.
    Whatever Olivia did wrong there will likely be no come back, there never has been before.
    Even when Joe told her off for not wearing Guess at the Elle do she rather made light of it and he just let it go.
    Oh fluff, you don't get The City until Wednesday nights?
    KAREN

dancing through life TheIrishEyes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3929168;
    OK, guys, my dvr cut off at the end ... what happened with Olivia? Did she get in trouble for not following through on the Marc Jacobs interview for ELLE.com and for sleeping late?

I love The City much more than The Hills as at least this is 90% career-oriented with the cast and 10% drama ... The Hills is almost no filming of anyone's career ... I mean a bit of Lo at SmashBox and Audriana at her job (is it Epic Records) ... but what does Kristen, Brody, Stephanie, JB, Frankie do for work????? Wayyyy tooo much drama over on The Hills.

I love watching all the inner workings of the NYC FASHION WORLD!!!
    The show ended with Erin talking with Robbie, the editor in chief, asking if they could give the Elle.com job to Louise. Robbie asked Erin if Olivia had any value for her, Erin said no, and Robbie said she'd "make a phone call"
    "It's a game. I remind myself of that every single day. Can't be mad at how anyone plays." - Amber

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by TheIrishEyes;3929332;
    The show ended with Erin talking with Robbie, the editor in chief, asking if they could give the Elle.com job to Louise. Robbie asked Erin if Olivia had any value for her, Erin said no, and Robbie said she'd "make a phone call"

I LOVED IT when Editor-in-Chief Robbie (who is Olivia's good friend) reluctantly agreed with Erin, and I was sayin to myself, buh-bye Olivia!!!!
    BUT, somehow, I have a feeling we're not getting rid of Olivia that easily. Somehow she'll slither back into Elle's good graces. . .

+ Reply to Thread