+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The City

Re: The City

Did anyone watch The City this week ... my DVR cut off as Whit sat down to talk to Olivia about why Olivia did not show up to interview her for Elle.com???

Ugh ... I am going to have to add minutes to the end of that show when taping it.

Olivia ... what a p.i.t.a.
    KAREN

From what I remember, Olivia said it was a total miscommunication and that she had to cover another designer and everyone should have known that. And every time Whitney tried to engage her in a real conversation about what happened, Olivia said something like, "I'm not going to have this discussion," and then she walked out. Total b*tch.

Joe Zee probably got as close as he's ever going to get to firing Olivia this past episode.
    He looked pretty pissed off that she didn't turn up to interview Whitney and told her to make amends and apologize.
    Obviously Olivia doesn't apologize often because she's really not good at it.
    It was "it was a miscommunication, tell me about what's going on with you..." type apology and took all of about five seconds, after which she expected the subject to be dropped.

Joe's back to his old self next week by the look of the preview.
    He's talking to Erin about what a great eye Olivia has after she selects a ring for Fergie to wear for a shoot.
    Hardly justifies whatever salary they're paying her.
    She did a pretty decent job with the Anna Sui interview and it looked like she was finally showing some degree of competence at something.
    From what we saw she messed up with that Jemma Wynne interview though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3903543;
    He's talking to Erin about what a great eye Olivia has after she selects a ring for Fergie to wear for a shoot.
    Which they didn't use for the cover! The look on Erin's face when the showed the cover with Fergie was awesome! It was a 'take you, *itch!' look! Olivia had her typical scowl face on.

I wonder if she goes home and wonders aloud 'why are these people so mean to me!?!?!'

Hey guys, what exactly is Whitney doing at Kelly Cutrone's offices ... it seems like she spends all her time on her new line and updates Kelly on all of it ... ? Does she work for Kelly anymore OR herself and just uses Kelly's offices ...?

AND I thought the young French photographer was so nice and sweet and then Whit has to basically give him the "back-off" speech while he is doing her "look-book" for FREE ... ?

Olivia, too bad she could not go to LA and then LIES to Robbie's Asst. that she was NEEDED more in NY than LA ... ya right!!!

Joe Zee is soooo right LA is FAB in the winter. I heart LA.
    KAREN

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3908404;
    Hey guys, what exactly is Whitney doing at Kelly Cutrone's offices ... it seems like she spends all her time on her new line and updates Kelly on all of it ... ? Does she work for Kelly anymore OR herself and just uses Kelly's offices ...?
    It seems as if, presently, Kelly is just mentoring Whitney and giving her office space along with a lot of great advice and support. If Whitney's line takes off, which it seems as if it will, she probably won't be working for Kelly anymore, but it's always nice to have a Plan B, just in case it doesn't.

PS I really have to take my hat off to Whitney. Early in the season, when they were first showing her designs, I thought they were barely mediocre, but in the recent episodes, you can see that her clothes are really adorable!!! Good for you, Whitney!

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3908404;
    Olivia, too bad she could not go to LA and then LIES to Robbie's Asst. that she was NEEDED more in NY than LA ... ya right!!!
    I smile to myself when I think about what these people must think when they actually watch these episodes themselves --- like Robbie's assistant who's going to see for himself that Olivia was lying, just to save face -- and Joe Zee, when he sees the real story behind Olivia's deceptions. I have to wonder what Olivia herself thinks when she sees how she is being portrayed. Is she really as bad as she is being depicted, or is she beefing it up for the storyline?

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3908908;
    I have to wonder what Olivia herself thinks when she sees how she is being portrayed. Is she really as bad as she is being depicted, or is she beefing it up for the storyline?
    I bet she doesn't see anything wrong with the way she's portrays herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3908402;
    Which they didn't use for the cover! The look on Erin's face when the showed the cover with Fergie was awesome! It was a 'take you, *itch!' look! Olivia had her typical scowl face on.

I wonder if she goes home and wonders aloud 'why are these people so mean to me!?!?!'
    Joe seems so clueless.
    It was quite obvious when they showed him the clothes they'd pulled for the shoot that the mint green dress was the way to go for the fresh spring look he said he wanted.

I don't think the other cover would make people stop and look.
    They'd see the picture, think "there's Fergie" and pass on by because not only did she look Fergie-esque, it also wasn't a spring look.
    The other shot made her look completely different. You'd give that cover a second look (at least I would ).

I'm not an Elle reader, but I certainly wouldn't buy it after seeing this show purely because I can only imagine how much they inflate the price to pay the salaries of the endless people that seem to mill around doing very little.

Did there need to be a dozen people in the room when they were showing Joe the outfits and accessories they'd pulled?
    Did there need to be so many in the meeting where he unveiled the new cover?
    Does he really need to employ Olivia at all to select jewelry and accessories?
    I'm quite sure they could have someone below "editor" level (it's so laughable that she's an editor) do that given that Joe would have final say anyway and they probably have designers willingly making suggestions for which pieces they should use. I doubt there's even a lot of pavement pounding for Olivia in that job.

I don't think Whitney came out looking too good after the way she treated the photographer.
    Accept his invitation for drinks, accept his offer to shoot your look book for free then tell him you have no time for a social life when he asks you out again? That didn't look good.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I can't understand Joe Zee's motivation in continuing to defend Olivia's complete worthlessness. She must have some serious blackmail photos of him or something!!!

Whitney, love ya but you should have been nicer to Photog- go get a drink to say thanks, you didn't have to marry him

I can't understand Joe's motivation either either, unless he's been told to defend Olivia in order to keep Elle as part of the show.

It must be so frustrating for Erin to listen to Joe prattle on about how great a job Olivia did when she picked out a couple of bits of jewelry. I'm quite sure Erin could have done equally as good a job. I bet most of us here could too.
    Olivia and Joe seem to focus on things they like, Erin seems to be more tuned in to what's right for the magazine.
    Nothing showed that more than the Fergie cover shots.
    The one Joe picked didn't say "Elle" to me. I'm pleased they show the covers to focus groups first and that Erin was proved right as Joe probably thought she only preferred that cover because there was no jewelry on it. There was no competition as far as I was concerned, the mint green dress was the way to go. I think they should have left the lettering mint green too as they did on the original mock-up right after the shots were taken, or at the very least gone with a different colour than the pink they ultimately chose.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread