+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhiled - MTV

Exhiled - MTV

Contestents from MTV's My Super Sweet 16 are spoilt brats and their families are fed up with them. So what do they do? They sent them into exhile thousands of miles away. With no cell phones, TV, radio, running water will any of these kids be able to survive? Well, I for one will be hartily enjoying their pain and misery while I lounge on my leather couch, remote in one hand and a Mike's Pomegranate Hard Lemonade in the other. Karma/payback can be such a bitch.

On tonight at 10:30pm EDT.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 08-25-2008 at 12:03 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Exhiled - MTV

Thanks for the reminder, I would have missed the premiere if I hadn't seen this thread.

I saw the previews on MTV too, this one looks like one that is worth watching.

But really ... I blame the parents on this. They are the ones who gave them anything they asked for. They are the ones that made it seemed like money grew on trees. How did they imagine their kids would turn out? Now they have decided to show them some tough love?

Overall, I hope that we see some positive results.

I do see a common thread throughout this series, it looks as if the kids all will have to clean up some kind of animal poop. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

FORT Regular

The irony of this is priceless. The parents themselves are at fault for their kids being spoilt; anyone who saw SS16 knows that the main reason for the bratty attitudes and demands was because the parents allowed it.
    Thanks for finally realizing the kind of kids you have raised, parents... just in time for this show to extend your 5 minutes of fame.

Here's what I think of the show...

MTV contacts those former Sweet 16ers and says "Hey! Would you like to do another tv show?" And of course they reply with a big YES. MTV tells them the premise and they agree to it, and I think they're told to act shocked when their whole family confronts them with cameras that they're going to be exhiled....however, I do think that the emotions whn they're actually out in the wild are real. But everything beforehand is scripted. As with the diary entries...

This is a great concept for a show. I love to see rich, spoiled kids get taken down a peg or two. I watched last night when Amanda had to go into exile. I think some of her emotions were real. Every kid and adult should watch this show to appeciate how well most of us have it in this country. Now I wish they could have sent Amanda's parents there too because it was their fault she was spoiled in the first place. Fair is fair.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3177825;
    Here's what I think of the show...

MTV contacts those former Sweet 16ers and says "Hey! Would you like to do another tv show?" And of course they reply with a big YES. MTV tells them the premise and they agree to it, and I think they're told to act shocked when their whole family confronts them with cameras that they're going to be exiled....however, I do think that the emotions when they're actually out in the wild are real. But everything beforehand is scripted. As with the diary entries...
    I was coming here to check and see if anyone else thought this show was scripted. It's so fake, it's obviously noticeable. I never could grit my teeth long enough to stand the Sweet 16 shows. Just disgusted me too much.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

FORT Fan

I never got SS16...

those kids already have everything, and then they get even more... and they scream and yell and blackmail their parents into submission...

but there you have MTV glamorizing it all.

Even if there is a certain amount of SS16 dedicated to pointing out how mentally stunted those brats are, at the end of the day they get to ride off into the sunset with their hellishly expensive new car, or get to live in the apartment daddy bought them.

"Oh no people are laughing at me... wait my daddy will buy me anything I want, so why should I care about those paupers? Paris Hilton is my role model! Yay me!"

Scripted or not, I enjoy this show. I'm watching it right now, and I can't get enough of it.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Yes this show is still on the air. I think the last episode will be on October 6th. Don't know if there will be a reunion show. While I like the concept of the show I do think 1 week away from home is nothing. These kids need to spend at least 3 to 4 months living with their new families. Then I will be impressed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast