+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: RW/RR Challenge - The Island

FORT Fanatic

Re: RW/RR Challenge - The Island

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3195423;
    Tonya needs to be gone she needs a real job. I mean didn't she say she was done with these things anyway?
    When she did Fresh Meat, she originally said that that was going to be her last one. Then she appeared on the Inferno 3, where she won, so there's no telling how many more she'll do before she retires

Could MTV show any more commercials? I'm going to DVR this show from now on.

I've only seen Tonya in a couple of these and don't understand all the hatred and bullying going on there. She seemed depressed in last nights episode and it was almost like watching a pack of starving dogs descend upon a side of beef. Such a pack mentality and I don't like seeing it. I'm am sure that Tonya's behavior in the past is far from perfect, but can anyone explain to me why most everyone were so quick to dog pile her? lol I must have dogs on the brain today.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I don't think they were thinking about how she is now, just how she was then. She wasn't a nice person at all. I felt bad for her as well but she did agree to come on the show. Whether or not it was what she thought it was going to be like, it still involved all the people she's had problems with in the past.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I have no sorrow for Tonya her past bad deeds have finally come to bite her in her MTV financed Rearend.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by mustang03gt;3195383;
    I think the only woman capable of beating a guy is either Rachel or Ev.
    Ev is ugly. I just had to say it.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy Chocolate;3195948;
    Ev is ugly. I just had to say it.
    I think she needs a new look. That ponytail ontop of her head is so 1992. If you look back at pics from her first challenge (fresh meat) and today, she looks the same. Get a new hairstyle, and lose the 5th grade ponytail!

I had to just say that, LOL.

FORT Fan

Tonya is one of those people (like Amaya of R Hawaii), who's just hated wherever she goes. I remember wondering why everyone hated Amaya in Hawaii, but I hated her too when she got more face time in one of the early challenges. I think Tonya might be annoying, but producers aren't showing us what exactly makes Tonya so unlikable. I remember in her RW, everyone wanted to have a heart-to-heart dinner party to say goodbye, but Tonya didn't go because she wanted to work out. That right there hurt her housemates' feelings and made them not like her.

Now...can someone please explain how the island game works? I flipped the channel during the explanation and don't know how this boat thing works.

Quote Originally Posted by channel5lady;3196925;
    Now...can someone please explain how the island game works? I flipped the channel during the explanation and don't know how this boat thing works.

I watched the whole show and I'm still not sure how the boat thing works.

I used to find Kenny amusing, but not anymore. Anyone who thinks calling people "retard" is ok, is a total jerk to me.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3197061;
    I watched the whole show and I'm still not sure how the boat thing works.
    Well, there is this entire complicated mess of challenges now called face offs that involve winning a key and garanteeing a place on a raft/boat.

Basically only 8 people will have a chance of going to the island to find a treasure chest. There will be challenges to win a key to get a place on one of two boats that all the challengers will build. You need 4 keys to open the treasure chest that contains $300,000. The thing is TJ Lavin (the host) implied that only one person can win. So while not clear does this mean one person can win or gain 4 keys. That was not very well explained. TJ did not say that the treasure would be divided 4 ways.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3197061;
    I used to find Kenny amusing, but not anymore. Anyone who thinks calling people "retard" is ok, is a total jerk to me.
    I too do not find Kenny amusing and he freely admits he only insults Tonya for entertainment purposes. That is a very mean and shallow person. I would have voted him out for that reason only. I also cannot believe everyone is dumb enough not to vote out the powerful guys. I would rather vote out the males while I had a chance. Voting Tonya out was the easy way out. It was easy for the rookies to vote her out cause it was not them. I wonder if it was not an open vote if the results would have been any different?

Tyrie is also up there on my 'do not like' list and I can't wait to see him gone.

Totally glad that they challenges are staying a one hour format.

PS: according to this article Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Island - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia there will be 4 winners, so that should be $75,000 each or about $48,750 after Uncle Sam takes his share.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 09-13-2008 at 09:22 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I've always hated Kenny. I've hated his cockiness, his conceitedness... I pretty much have hated how he has acted on all of the challenges he has been on. And I've always kind of liked Tonya. So all of you pretty much know how I felt when I watched Tonya get voted off over Kenny.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread