+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Legally Blonde The Musical: The Search For Elle Woods

Re: Legally Blonde The Musical: The Search For Elle Woods

I came to like Lauren and of course she got sent home. There was something about her when she was on the stage and dancing that MADE me focus on her. The others didn't have that, or maybe its just my deep and all-abiding hatred of Bailey that makes me unable to like anything she does. She's so mean-spirited, just a nasty person, that I can't appreciate any of her abilities.

Autumn is the most talented and who I would like to see win but I have to admit after watching her train wreck of an audition? She's not right for this part and neither is Rhiannon... and since they let Lauren go.. that leaves Bailey by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3133478;
    I came to like Lauren and of course she got sent home. There was something about her when she was on the stage and dancing that MADE me focus on her. The others didn't have that, or maybe its just my deep and all-abiding hatred of Bailey that makes me unable to like anything she does. She's so mean-spirited, just a nasty person, that I can't appreciate any of her abilities.

Autumn is the most talented and who I would like to see win but I have to admit after watching her train wreck of an audition? She's not right for this part and neither is Rhiannon... and since they let Lauren go.. that leaves Bailey by default.
    Hmmm... interesting analysis.

Here's my $.02.

I never was a fan of Lauren.

I finally figured out the problem with Bailey. Yes she can sing, but not memorably. Yes, she can dance, but her facials are a little overwhelming. Yes, she can act, but not with much emotion - I don't feel her. She may be the whole package, but not a package I would buy for a $1, let alone $150 for a Broadway ticket.

I like Rhiannon, but her vocals can't carry her (although I'd much rather her vocals than Bailey's anything). She is fun to watch and seems convincing as Elle. She is right, if she does say so herself , she has the "it" factor.

As for Autumn, she can sing and act and emote, then there is the dancing... I think that maybe given an appropriate amount of time to prepare, she will be able to pull it off, and possibly really make this role her own. I still "like" Rhiannon over her as Elle, but I think Autumn is the one who wins it in the end.

I had a final thought. I think this show is doing well and they want to make sure it keeps doing well. If they choose Bailey, that may not happen (I just don't think she's compelling enough as a performer). I don't think Rhiannon could learn to sing fast enough. THat's why I think they choose Autumn, she'll grow into the role and thrive (hopefully).

Now is anyone going to see the show?

Well to help cure my boredom, I decided to watch the musical on the internet. I watched it when it first aired on MTV, but I didn't watch the end. So I finally watched it in its entirety.

I thought it was great. Laura Bell Bundy will definitely be missed. She brings so much to the show. If I had to choose among Laura and the 3 girls left on the show, I definitely would choose Laura. I'm sad that she's leaving.

Out of Bailey, Autumn, and Rhiannon, I said from almost day 1 that Autumn would be a good choice. She's the oldest and has the most experience. I agree that her dancing ability does hold her back, but I still think she's the best for the job.

I guess Bailey would be good also, but I'm worried about her accent. She will definitely have to go through many voice lessons to try and hide it. And as for Rhiannon... I just don't see her winning.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Newbie

for those who missed it here is a link someone sent me on Broadwayworld.com of the snippet amazon mistakenly put up of the winners "So Much Better"
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    you have to enter the three letters then wait 45 seconds for the free download

about 90 % over at broadway world thinks its
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Bailey

And its pretty obvious to me that its her too..

Big Mistake on Amazon's part!

Personally I think Bailey has given the most consistent performances while Autumn has given the most polished... I would like to see Autumn in another part on broadway and Bailey as Elle.

MrsHenderson: Good points. I'd like to see Autumn win and thought she was the best for the role up until the last show and how badly the dancing went. Girl has no rhythm and that's such an integral part of this role. I agree with everything else you said. I was basically going through the remaining ones and trying to figure out which one I thought was best suited...basically an exercise in who is the least awful since I don't think ANY of them could step into the current Elle's shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3135460;
    MrsHenderson: Good points. I'd like to see Autumn win and thought she was the best for the role up until the last show and how badly the dancing went. Girl has no rhythm and that's such an integral part of this role. I agree with everything else you said. I was basically going through the remaining ones and trying to figure out which one I thought was best suited...basically an exercise in who is the least awful since I don't think ANY of them could step into the current Elle's shoes.
    I agree, I think it is hard to fill LBB's shoes. She really is FUN to watch in this role

The last one of these type of shows was casting the two leads in "Grease". I know that MTV gave the show fistfuls of money to do it but it did not include a long term contract for the winners. In fact, I don't think they lasted the summer.

FORT Fan

The winner has been revealed. Don't read below if you don't want to know.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Bailey wins Legally Blonde. The info was released on USA Today about an hour ago

Congrats girl!

Rhiannon was eliminated at the beginning of the show (the second one eliminated from last week's ep) leaving of course Bailey and Autumn. Bailey was picked as the winner and starts her reign on Broadway on July 23, 2008.

When I look back over this show I felt it was too long and that Emma was the best pick. I think the only reason she didn't make to the end is that she had bronchitis but I felt her acting and singing was superior to the other girls. Oh, well, good luck to her in the future.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast