+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Legally Blonde The Musical: The Search For Elle Woods

Re: Legally Blonde The Musical: The Search For Elle Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggertoo2;3055057;
    The redhead, Celina, is currently on All My Children, playing a prostitute. I would think if she was chosen as the next Elle, she wouldn't have time to do a soap as well. She also has 3 or 4 Broadway shows to her credit, as does Emma. I like this show- I'll keep watching!
    Many New York soap actors, even those with leading roles on their soaps, do Broadway Theater. A lot of them were theater actors before they got their soap roles.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Newbie

Anyone watch last night?

My emotions are shifting- i used to like Bailey, I was impressed with how well she covered her accent, but her performance bored me. She was way too saccharine in her interpretation of Elle. Elle is sweet, but she's strong and can be hard at times.

I've gotta say, I really liked Autumn's performance (I watched them all on mtv.com). She worked best for me.

Anyone else agree?

I'm about halfway through this weeks episode. I must admit I am impressed with how hard you have to work to be able to sustain a high level of performance for 8 shows a week. Spinning and singing I am sure is an effective workout.

Emma is pissing me off. She comes off very hard, very mean. It irked me how she blew off the challenge since she already had a mani and a pedi before the auditions started and that meeting the actress was no big deal as she (Emma) is from a show biz family and would not pick up anything valuable from the meeting.

Cassie S is also pissing me off. If someone takes you on a reward even if you feel it was a "charity pick" enjoy it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

So glad there are at least a few here watching this show! I'm enjoying it so far and have to say that, even though she came off really catty this week, my favorite is still Bailey. Yes, it might be the fact that her mannerisms so closely match Reese Witherspoon, but for now, she's one of the few I see pulling off the role. I also like Natalie and Autumn.

I want to root for Lauren so much, but she just doesn't have the maturity to pull off being a Harvard Law student. Besides,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I read on another board that although there are very few spoilers out there right now, one that has made it out is that Lauren did not ultimately win, but she was cast in the touring company in another role. My guess is as one of the Delta Nu girls, but that's just speculation.

FORT Newbie

Yah! On tomorrow night!

God I hope Cassie goes home.

I like this show but I don't really care who wins. I'm just enjoying watching the drama and laughing at how mean girl some of them are and then how OTT (over the top) Cassie S is. Oh yeah, and laughing at Haylie. She usually is worth a few giggles.

Having no idea how the musical version of the movie works? It's really hard for me to say who should get it. Autumn seems the best overall choice but it just depends on what direction they want to go because she seems a bit too......not sure how to word it......polished? Mature? To be Elle.

Emma & Bailey = Hate. I cannot stand either one of them, they are such mean and spiteful girls and Lindsey is right there with them.

What gets me is that these reality show contestants seem to forget that their lives MUST go on after the show is over and the type of career suicide they are committing by being so ugly on these shows. We've all seen it time and time again on various shows.

PLEASE OPEN YOUR MINDS petite_indigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3072151;
    What gets me is that these reality show contestants seem to forget that their lives MUST go on after the show is over and the type of career suicide they are committing by being so ugly on these shows. We've all seen it time and time again on various shows.
    I agree with you I'm not usually a fan of the tv time drama seekers on htese shows, but i don't think it will much matter in this case. Broadway is really a dog eat dog business. People do catty things to get to the top at all times. I think if they remain professionals after the show they are sure to get some type of job..Might be off off off off Broadway, but it will be something.
    squirrel please!!!!:nono

I think if Cassie S. plays her cards right, she could land another role - somewhere. I think she is definately compelling to watch, Emma too. They are both intense which makes them interesting - maybe just not right for the part of Elle. Although with Emma, I applaud her for realizing she needs to quit smoking and she's doing it which is probably quite difficult considering the circumstances and she does have a chance, I think she's a talented actor.

Just my :02

PLEASE OPEN YOUR MINDS petite_indigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrsHenderson;3076729;
    I think if Cassie S. plays her cards right, she could land another role - somewhere. I think she is definately compelling to watch, Emma too. They are both intense which makes them interesting - maybe just not right for the part of Elle. Although with Emma, I applaud her for realizing she needs to quit smoking and she's doing it which is probably quite difficult considering the circumstances and she does have a chance, I think she's a talented actor.

Just my :02
    I agree with you I could even see Cassie S playing one of the Delta Nu's or even like the judges said as a understudy. I like Emma but she seems like a much more serious actress, and I feel that this role may be to light for her.
    squirrel please!!!!:nono

I think Cassie S is very talented and the I think the judges recognize it too. I got the impression that they did want her as the understudy. I do think she needs a bit of seasoning as a professional and she will be unstoppable.

I have to admit while Emma is getting on my nerves, as she is not nice to Cassie S., but I did see her shine with her acting abilities during the "Serious" audition.

I can't say I am sorry to see Celina go home as she did not feel like she and the Elle role were a good fit.

I personally do not see what the judges see in either Autumn or Natalie.

I wonder if they will have another double elimination?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast