+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Legally Blonde The Musical: The Search For Elle Woods

Re: Legally Blonde The Musical: The Search For Elle Woods

I liked Rachel too. But if you go to the website:

http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/legally_...s/series.jhtml

and watch her sing the whole song, you can see why they cut her. She didn't really put her all into it like a lot of the other girls.

The backpedal girl was hilarious.

Rhiannon has a little bit of it factor, but I don't think she'll win in the end.

I like Celine :-) (the girl with the band who kissed "everyone")

Lookng forward to the cat fighting too

Good Lord! What an obnoxious group of semi-talented bleached blonds. What's the prize for this fiasco, the road show headed to Montana?

No, if you were watching at the end of the show, then you would know that all of the remaining contestants took a limo to go and see where the New York show on Broadway is being shown. That's where they met up with the current woman who plays Elle, Ms. Bundy.

I stayed up late to watch the show (it just ended 10 minutes ago). It was good. Not the best, but good. Unlike some of you, I don't mind Haylie Duff. At least she has a past with being on Broadway. If they brought in a celebrity mentor that has no experience with Broadway at all, then that would have annoyed me.

With a show that is based on theater, you can't expect there to be much diversity. Theater shows have to typecast most of their characters, and with Legally Blonde, they're going to have to get a girl that looks at least a little like Reese Witherspoon (because that's what viewers are use to see Elle Woods as). So I don't mind that there isn't diversity in this show.

Early favorites? Celina, the rocker girl who made out with everybody in high school. I don't think she'll win it at the end, but I still like her. Same with Rhiannon: like her, but don't think she'll win.

My early pick to win it all is Autumn, even though she wasn't shown much.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by petite_indigo;3037111;
    As far as the show I really think it has makings to be a good one. I already have a fav. Love cassie , who my daughter pointed out was on one of our favorite shows Clean House. She was larger then life on that show,but i think if she can tone it down a taste she will go far.
    Coincidentally, the Style Network is reairing her episode ("The Silva Family") this Monday (6/9) at 6 PM.

PLEASE OPEN YOUR MINDS petite_indigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thewhisk;3042833;
    Coincidentally, the Style Network is reairing her episode ("The Silva Family") this Monday (6/9) at 6 PM.
    Ohhh yea I like her episode they give her a ballet bar ! I thought it was so cool cause i always wanted one in my house. I really want to see her go far on this show, even though something is telling me she won't go to the end.
    squirrel please!!!!:nono

So glad Cassie S made it past the first cut. Hope she doesn't sabotage herself next week. I did like that the judges did acknowledge she is the complete package and has all the tools and skill to succeed in the business.

I am kinda feeling for Emma as the pressure seems to be getting to her and it is only the first round.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Cassie O. Got cut, I was sort of expecting that when watching her performance. My favorite so far is Rhiannon and then Bailey. But this early in this competition, I can't tell who'll become winner xP.
    Rock of Love Charm School.: Kristy Joe <3 and Brandi M. :]

I'm glad there is a thread here for this show. I was looking for one. I like Emma, she looks so much like Reese, esp. her hair and jawline. Except the judges say that might work against her. Except Reese seems like a super achiever which Emma doesn't seem like, she doesn't seem as self confident as some of the other girls.

FORT Newbie

The redhead, Celina, is currently on All My Children, playing a prostitute. I would think if she was chosen as the next Elle, she wouldn't have time to do a soap as well. She also has 3 or 4 Broadway shows to her credit, as does Emma. I like this show- I'll keep watching!

FORT Newbie

I love the idea of casting a Broadway role within the context of a reality show, but I thought it would be hard to top the 'risk' factor that Grease took last year by actually allowing America to vote. However, I actually like the judges choosing the actress because there is less room for backlash if the new Elle fails, so-to-speak, and I think it gives the girls on the show less of a need to 'impress' the general public. In a way, it is more like a longer and more intensive version of an audition, so for the Elle hopefuls they have this chance to really try and impress the judges with their talent as opposed to having to worry about impressing the voting public that aren't even in the demographic to see the theater version in the first place. This is just my take. While I thought taking America's participation out would make the show less engaging, I am finding the opposite to be true. This show is more about finding the most talented girl........

Now, the one problem I have noticed so far is that what the audience is being shown doesn't really seem to reflect the girl's auditions, and the judge feedback the viewers are hearing isn't as detailed as I would like it to be. As with any reality show we can't expect to see the entire songs or scenes, but I would at least like to hear more of the judge's feedback. It kinda seems like too much of that is edited out, and it makes it appear as though the judges aren't really taking into account the talent of a girl's entire performance, when in fact if you watch the full versions on the MTV website you are able to understand why some people are booted and others not (Rachel vs. Rhiannon, for example). I think this will get a lot better as the shows continue and the girls are narrowed down though.

As others have mentioned, this is a show about a bubbly blonde that comes across as an airhead but is really quite intelligent in her own unique way.....hence the lack of diversity amongst the girls ethnically speaking. I will say that amongst the final 10 there was still a lot more diversity than I expected there to be. While I know it is easy to dye hair blonde or put on a wig, the average joe american is gonna want to relate to the possible Elle's, and for the majority of the viewers that is Reese Witherspoon's bubbly Elle. That is why I think Emma and Bailey work well as possible candidates. While many people see Bailey as a front runner, I think in the end that while she is talented and deserves to be in the top 10, it is really her Reese-esque mannerisms and vocal pattern that people are connecting to. As for Emma, I think she looks the most like Reese, and I think this will ultimately work against both girls.

Personally I am most impressed with Natalie, who has gotten very little coverage save her sniffles onscreen, and yet I thought in the full online versions she did the best job at covering up the dropped line and had an awesome voice. I can even imagine her with blonde hair! Celina is interesting too, and although I don't think Lauren is going to win (her voice seems too young and not rich enough for this role yet), I think she will go far and be fun to watch. I imagine she will find success one day.....I just don't think this is the role for her at her age now. Anyway, I can't wait for Monday. Hopefully there will be more interaction with the judges!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast