+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 107 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew
    Premieres Thursday, February 7 at 10pm - MTV
    Are you ready to pop and lock? Think it's time to take the Soulja Boy dance craze to the next level? Don't know what the paso doble or fox trot is? Good, 'cause we're bringing the streets to the stage in the new competitive dance series Randy Jackson Presents: America's Best Dance Crew!

After scouring the country for the top street and studio dance crews, we found 12 of the very best groups to grace our stage. With their dreams on the line, these crews need to impress our panel of judges, including JC Chasez and choreographer Shane Sparks, host Mario Lopez and, yes, American Idol's Randy Jackson, 'cause after the first dance-off, only the elite eight will stay in the competition. And, in the end, only one team will be crowned America's Best Dance Crew, winning a crazy cool cash prize and a coveted touring contract.

Week after week, each dance crew, consisting of five to seven members, will work their butts off to demonstrate their most innovative choreography and sick dance skills. The crews will be asked to recreate the moves seen in the hottest music videos, use their fancy footwork to reenact their favorite movie scenes and pay homage to the classic grooves (and moves) of the past. But it's going to be hard to keep the beat and stay on point with so many people competing for the title of America's Best Dance Crew, and there's sure to be showdowns, shouting matches and dramatic impromptu dance-offs!

And guess what? You'll be right in the middle of the action! Oh yeah, you heard us right. As it all unfolds, you'll get to vote for your favorite dance crew -- yup, their fates are in your hands! Once we tally up the votes, the two weakest links must battle, showing the judges their best moves for the chance to advance to the next round. One crew will be eliminated each week, ultimately revealing America's Best Dance Crew!

So what do you say, are you ready to help us discover America's Best Dance Crew?
    Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew | Show Cast, Episode Guides, Trailers, Aftershow & Previews | MTV

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Re: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

I hadn't even heard about this show until I ran across it last night and heard Shane Spark's voice. It was actually quite good, or maybe it's just that my standards have been lowered after watching Dance War.

Some of you SYTYCD fans mightrecognize Jamal and Ernest from the auditions when Jamal came back and did the "Swing" diddy (at Nigel's request) and had the entire audience rolling. Jamal and Ernest's team

It cracks me up that Randy Jackson's name is PART of the title. It's not America's Best Dance Crew, it's Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew.

Fluff and bama - you guys watching?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I saw some of this yesterday, but I didn't last long. I could only stand just so much of the same style of dancing...again, and again, and again. Did enjoy the energy and enthusiasm of the groups, though. Jamal is quite an entertainer, though!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I'll be watching Jewelsy!

I had posted about this show in Randy Jackson's thread...I had read on the net that Hok and Dominic (from SYTYCD) were rumored to be trying out for this show!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I started watching it but the dance routines all seemed the same to me, so I found something else to watch.

It will probably be a lot more interesting when the teams have to learn actual choreography each week. I plan to watch the actual competion shows.

I liked the guys on roller skates. That was entertaining. I don't even know when this is on, I just caught a re-airing of it yesterday afternoon.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I caught the last part of a re-airing last night and I really enjoyed it. I will be checking this one out tonight so I don't have to watch Celebrity Apprentice!! People who are disappointed at the lack of dancing in Dance Wars should check this one out!

I watched the first episode on MTV in Canada, I'm not sure when the next episode will be on or if I'll watch it.
    I was rather irritated that the guys on roller skates lost out to the all female crew who I didn't think were very good at all.
    It felt like they wanted to put an all female crew through to the next round.
    I thought the roller skaters may get old and might be a bit limited, but they were just far more entertaining to me than the all female crew and should have gone through instead.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I watched the end of the show first and then caught the beginning on a later showing, but I thought the skating crew got put thru at the very end of the show...

You may well be right about that. I only watched up until the point the female crew Femme 5 got put through. I have the rest on my PVR but haven't got round to watching it yet.
    I hope you're right because I really enjoyed the skating routine.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread