+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 107 FirstFirst ... 48888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast

Thread: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

Re: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I am usually not negative about this show but really, this has been the worst season ever and If Iconic Boys wins there is something really wrong going on. Can I say fixed. I got the feeling very early on that it was either going to be Iconic Boys or Street Kingdom. It's just not right.
    Despite the name of the show, it's still a popularity contest. A competition truly seeking the best dance crew wouldn't have a popular vote, nor any judges who don't know what they're talking about (Lil' Mama, I'm looking at you).
    Revenge is ice cream.

FORT Fogey

I don't think Street Kingdom had much of a shot to win since the viewers decide who wins. Iconic Boys is getting votes. I don't think anyone would rig it for them because they obviously suck.

Honestly speaking, I wish the judges had to explain their decisions. PP is clearly a strong crew, and while IAmMe should only have to show up at this point to win it all, it feels like they took out the stronger crew to have an excuse to give the toddlers the win in the end. Nothing IB did could even compare to what the other two crews did in the last battle. It's not America'sMost Adorable Dance Crew nor should the judges be grading on a curve. Clearly IB have a bunch of people voting for them, but the judges have a huge say in this show and they have dropped the ball a number of times in the past. I hope next season they are able to dig up at least one other respectable judge. I see JC staying, and he's the best they have. Lil Mama probably sits in that seat the entire time between seasons just so they know she's not going anywhere. That third seat is a revolving door and they need to get someone in there that will tip the scales in the right direction.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

So the finale in not on Thursday, June 2, 2011 but on Sunday, June 5, 2011 at 7:30pm and is 90 minutes long.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I like both Phunk Phenomenon and I Am Me. If they had both made it to the finale it would have been an interesting show. Unfortunately the ridiculous voters decided to put the baby crew through. For kids, they are pretty good but on this show they should have dance at the same level as the other crews and they just don't. If they win I will seriously think twice before watching another season. As it is, this finale is a joke.

FORT Regular

We have to wonder about the majority of the voters, who in their right mind would vote for IB? are the MTV audience this young? Is that the only reason they're getting votes cuz the demographic of MTV are tweens? I really don't understand otherwise, I mean it's true non of the other teams ever seemed "top contenders" heck if you put any of these crews they'd prolly be the first to go, definitely not jaba or kaba or qwest material. Heck these crews don't even measure up to poreo or heroes, it must be that, ABDC stacked the deck in IB's favor so much to win that they got the worst crews, and crews that were good, are not from America (so who would even vote for them even if they were good). Does MTV get a cut of the txt message charges? maybe they just want Tweens to vote for the $$$, lol, cuz Tweens cannot be beaten in a texting war.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanx View Post
    Does MTV get a cut of the txt message charges? maybe they just want Tweens to vote for the $$$, lol, cuz Tweens cannot be beaten in a texting war.
    MTV does not have a charge to vote by text. People are only charged whatever their normal rate is with their service provider. So all of the tweens out there whose parents have unlimited texting plans can vote an UNLIMITED amount of times! I tried this for the first time the week before this last show and it was appallingly easy to cast a large number of votes. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the tween vote for IB is enormous and overwhelmingly text based.
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 05-31-2011 at 04:32 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I like both Phunk Phenomenon and I Am Me. If they had both made it to the finale it would have been an interesting show. Unfortunately the ridiculous voters decided to put the baby crew through. For kids, they are pretty good but on this show they should have dance at the same level as the other crews and they just don't. If they win I will seriously think twice before watching another season. As it is, this finale is a joke.
    You mean you are actually going to watch the finale?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Regular

mtv.com has abdc up 12hrs later, good to fast foward, especially since the final episode will have the obligatory "bring back the losers" hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    You mean you are actually going to watch the finale?
    SIIIIIGH. I really like I Am Me, so I would like to see them in the finale. I also heard they are going to have past winners on and I would really like to see Qwest and Poreotics. I always watch via DVR, so I can always watch the bits that look good and just skip the announcement of the winner...

Who am I kidding? If I watch it I'm gonna watch the end even if it ticks me off. I'm a glutton for punishment.

It is easier for me to just not watch any of the season than it is to watch nearly the whole thing and bail out at the end.

+ Reply to Thread