+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 107 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

FORT Fogey

Re: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    I am not assuming that the style has passed him by, nor that the judges definitively know better than he does; I'm simply pointing out that both are possible, as I'm attempting to point out the logical fallacies in the following statements:

What you're suggesting is that, if he continues to do nothing but krump, nobody can critique or judge him because he is the ultimate judge of krumping; if that's the case, what's the point of his entering a dancing competition? We might as well crown him now and be done with it.
    No it is not possible. We know the 3 judges and their experiences. It is not possible that JC Chasez knows more about krump than the inventor of krump! lol! You are saying that it is possible that the judges know better than him, right? That is totally impossible. I am interested to know why you think that it is possible.
    What I said was that D-Trix was right in saying that you can't tell the inventor of a style that he is doing his style incorrectly because you don't know better than him. And if you read back a page or two, I said I didn't like that this group was on the show because the judges' unconditional respect for them would keep them around for far longer than the audience wants.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    No it is not possible. We know the 3 judges and their experiences. It is not possible that JC Chasez knows more about krump than the inventor of krump! lol! You are saying that it is possible that the judges know better than him, right? That is totally impossible. I am interested to know why you think that it is possible.
    No, we don't actually know their complete experiences, as those aren't fully disclosed on the show. What's to say one of the judges couldn't have taken time out to research the style of krumping, interview its practitioners, including innovators of the past and present, and possibly even write a dissertation on the subject matter? I'm not saying they actually did, but I'm completely eliminating the possibility either. Unlike you, I'm keeping an open mind towards the possibility of it existing, rather than dismissing it as impossible outright.

I mean the likelihood is extremely low, but this is a world where somebody can gain a doctorate in English, then become a professional farmer, so I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility.
    Revenge is ice cream.

This new format sucks. No more Regional casting round and wildcards. Iinstead of letting them do their own style with their own routine so we know what to expect from each one of them, they immediately gave them a challenge. That's very lame. I also don't agree with including foreign crews or they might as well call it The World's Best Dance Crew. While I don't get it how ReQuest won the International HipHop Dance Championships last year, I would have replaced them with the Philippine All-Stars to represent the foreign crew.

YouTube - Philippine All Stars 2008 World Hip Hop Championships

Although I understand that Eclectic Gentlemen were eliminated, I think that Street Kingdom really sucked. It was bad enough that the age bracket was expanded to younger kids, they have to increase the max number of members to 10! It was so chaotic! And the camera shots/angles didn't help either. SK should have been eliminated if not for the inventor of krumping. All they did was krump and crunch their face, there was no choreo. Judges did not even mention their flaws but instead got a standing ovation. What is up with that???!! So lame.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    This new format sucks. No more Regional casting round and wildcards. Iinstead of letting them do their own style with their own routine so we know what to expect from each one of them, they immediately gave them a challenge. That's very lame. I also don't agree with including foreign crews or they might as well call it The World's Best Dance Crew. While I don't get it how ReQuest won the International HipHop Dance Championships last year, I would have replaced them with the Philippine All-Stars to represent the foreign crew.

YouTube - Philippine All Stars 2008 World Hip Hop Championships
    If there had to be an international crew, I would have brought in Jinjo from South Korea, who won Battle of the Year 2010, or Gamblerz, who won Battle of the Year in 2009 and lost to Jinjo in 2010 in the semifinals. At least they would have been a Hip Hop dance crew (being B-boys).
    Revenge is ice cream.

I miss Kaba Modern. That's the crew that has sickest and most intricate choreography and no crew has ever matched them. They ar still beastin' after all these years:

YouTube - Kaba Modern @ The One 2010

I wish this year they didn't start with a challenge and instead make them do their own routines which they have practiced for months. As you can see, they are actually better than they did on the show

ReQuest (winners of the World Hip Hop Championships 2010)
    YouTube - ReQuest Dance Crew - Haters

Eclectic Gentlemen
    YouTube - Eclectic Gentlemen (Oceans 11) crew ASton Martin and Bet I bust

Just for comparison from last year's winners: Poreotics (who placed 2nd behind ReQuest at WHHC 2010)
    YouTube - POREOTICS Hip Hop International 2010 Silver Medal

OK all the names will be probably spelled wrong but here goes.

Liked Footwookies.

Liked 787 Crew.

The next 3 teams all had problem, Iconic Boys...well do they have the chops?

Jag6ed - the pole dancers - not enough choreo, the costumes sucked, their practice outfits looked better. In this case I would have liked to have seen one of their own routines to see how creative they could be.

Limp Noodles - why are they even in this competition, they totally did not seem ready or have the skill set to compete at this level.

I would have been OK with the last two teams going home.

Is this gonna be a really short season with an elimination done right away next week? or why all the voting?

While I am critiquing throw out those krumpers from last week too.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

The spray tan abs were cute.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

It's not hard to get the names right; you could easily have went to the ABDC webpage.

Didn't really like the FootworKINGz for their style, but they were one of the cleaner groups of the night.

787 Crew feels like Status Quo, but with slightly better choreography.

I actually kind of like Instant Noodles in the way they resemble a hybrid between Poreotix (for their goofy on-stage persona) and SuperCr3w (in terms of being B-boys), though they seem a lot more footwork and freeze based and less on flashy power moves.

Jag6ed might be around a while if only for the sake of eye candy. ICONic Boyz shouldn't even be on the show; they're downright sloppy.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    It's not hard to get the names right; you could easily have went to the ABDC webpage.
    Naaaaa. not when it's so much more fun to misspell. BTW I call them Limp Noodles because that's what their performance was like.

Wow, I don't think I am really into this season. The two groups that were in the bottom should not have been in the bottom based on the previous weeks performances but that is what happens when you have a fan based vote. The Group that I honestly don't think should be here and that is Street Kingdom. Great concept for the light sabre battle. Rotten execution. There wasn't even a fight and they had enough people on stage that it could have been epic. This group has no concept of choreography. I also think they are an over all very tall group compared to the other smaller more compact dancers and take up a lot of space. I think they should be voted off based on failure to complete a task.

At this point in the game no one is standing out at all.

+ Reply to Thread