+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 107 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293949596979899 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

Re: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

Nice to have a third judge that speaks English unlike the last two.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I liked most of the new crews well enough, and think it's cool there's finally a group focused on cool tutting. And it's got Phillip Chbeeb in it, I'm a big fan, but dang did he ruin his hair!

I did not like D-Trix as a judge, I never really liked him much despite how very talented he is. I'd rather have Omarion back. And I was especially annoyed at how he said he could judge the technical aspects of the last crew but then said he couldn't because the man was the creator of the style. Really now? You're sitting in the judges table but you can't judge that crew? Go away, you hack.

And though I agree with the eliminated crew, I did not understand the standing ovation for the last one, the krumpers. Was watching the show with my mother and she and I both agreed, they were not bad, but there was way too much going on and it got confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    I liked most of the new crews well enough, and think it's cool there's finally a group focused on cool tutting. And it's got Phillip Chbeeb in it, I'm a big fan, but dang did he ruin his hair!

I did not like D-Trix as a judge, I never really liked him much despite how very talented he is. I'd rather have Omarion back. And I was especially annoyed at how he said he could judge the technical aspects of the last crew but then said he couldn't because the man was the creator of the style. Really now? You're sitting in the judges table but you can't judge that crew? Go away, you hack.

And though I agree with the eliminated crew, I did not understand the standing ovation for the last one, the krumpers. Was watching the show with my mother and she and I both agreed, they were not bad, but there was way too much going on and it got confusing.
    I think D-Trix was overawed and started the standing ovation, it looked pretty obvious that JC wasn't prepared to do so but joined the other two judges.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I think D-Trix was overawed and started the standing ovation, it looked pretty obvious that JC wasn't prepared to do so but joined the other two judges.
    Peer pressure, eh? Well, still, even if it was peer pressure, he should've stuck to his guns then, if he felt it didn't deserve a standing ovation.

If memory serves me well (and it often doesn't), the first three standing ovations on this show were Fanny Pak's Missy Elliot dance, Beat Freakz' first dance, and Quest Crew's Or-Quest-Ra. Comparing this krumping group's dance to all those three, I don't think it's up to par enough to also deserve a standing ovation like those others did.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post

He was right. How can you critique how a man krumps when that man is the inventor of krumping? You can't because he knows better than anyone else. He invented it.

1. Phunk Phenomenon
    2. ReQuest
    3. I aM Me
    4. Street Kingdom
    5. Eclectic Gentlemen

During the group routine, I aM Me IMMediately stood out to Me. But when they're actual routine came, it was a bit of a letdown. Perhaps hopes were too high in that short amount of time? They were still pretty good though.

I agreed with the elimination, but SK didn't impress me all that much. The judges' infatuation with them will hurt them with the audience, as it seems not many viewers liked them either.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    He was right. How can you critique how a man krumps when that man is the inventor of krumping? You can't because he knows better than anyone else. He invented it.
    I disagree. You can invent something, only for it to pass you by. However, I'm not saying the last crew did poorly, just that your argument is based on a faulty assumption.
    Revenge is ice cream.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    I disagree. You can invent something, only for it to pass you by. However, I'm not saying the last crew did poorly, just that your argument is based on a faulty assumption.
    You are correct if you are assuming that is has passed him by. And also if you are assuming that any of the judges know krumping better than he does. I am sure that none of the judges know krumping better than these guys. So I stand by my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    I agree. My take is that being the creator of the style should not be an excuse to not get judged properly like the other crews are being judged. He may be the creator, but he and his crew came into this show where crews dance and are given opinions, constructive criticism and the such. Being the style's creator should not be an excuse to escape fair judging, because that's unfair to other crews.

You are correct if you are assuming that is has passed him by. And also if you are assuming that any of the judges know krumping better than he does. I am sure that none of the judges know krumping better than these guys. So I stand by my opinion.
    I am not assuming that the style has passed him by, nor that the judges definitively know better than he does; I'm simply pointing out that both are possible, as I'm attempting to point out the logical fallacies in the following statements:

How can you critique how a man krumps when that man is the inventor of krumping? You can't because he knows better than anyone else. He invented it.
    What you're suggesting is that, if he continues to do nothing but krump, nobody can critique or judge him because he is the ultimate judge of krumping; if that's the case, what's the point of his entering a dancing competition? We might as well crown him now and be done with it.

That aside, anybody catch the sneak peek of the next episode on the ABDC site and have opinions about it?
    Revenge is ice cream.

+ Reply to Thread