+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 107 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

Re: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

It's amazing to me that this season is half over and not a single routine has stuck in my memory.
    This is in stark contrast to last season where I liked Quest almost every week and practically every crew did a rotuine that I found memorable.

I don't like Afroborike. Something about having men trust their groins into the women's faces while holding them by the neck did not sit well with me.
    I don't want to get into a full-scale discussion about it, I just didn't like that image.
    "That's Numberwang!"

^I second that, about Afroborike.

The thing about the memorable routines is that there are less, although at least this season I have Massive Monkees on the trampoline, VE doing Bollywood, and VE doing Beyonce. But yeah, the routines seem to blend. I think in the show trying to get so many different styles, they get too unmemorable, too bland. Last season, when you had Dynamic Edition, they were memorable because they were truly different, they were very talented at what they did, and they had the newness that made them work. Beat Freaks did a lot of memorable routines, and even Strikers had a memorable one. Ringmasters, on the other hand, are memorable, but for all the wrong reasons. Season 1 had a lot of memorable stuff-I would say there's a good 15 or so memorable ones to me (including most of the Dance Craze ones). Season 2 didn't have as many, although there were quite a few forgettable groups. This season, though, it's all about the "New Styles! West vs. Rest!", and I think in that, the groups that are not as hip-hop do the hip-hop very sloppily, and most of the hip-hop stuff is either elementary or boring. You would think after the talent on the last seasons, they would have learned to come with some better choreography. It just seems too elementary. To me, Rhythm City just blends. Their routines are fairly forgettable for the most part-I don't get the charisma or energy out of them that I do many of the others. The one thing going for them is that they are very clean, and they don't have the sloppiness issues that others do. WAH has the tendency to get very slow at times, but they are good at what they do and bringing the creativity in. And the Monkees are creative, they are fun to watch, but they can also get slow at times. I would say they create the most memorable routines out of the three.

As for Afroborike? They should stick to the Latin, and not the groups-to me, they're like Boogie Bots and then The Other Three Crews from S2-one just not up to snuff.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

First of all, the results are ludicrous!!!

Rhythm City and Massive Monkeys in the bottom???? Are you kidding me!? I think this is rigged, if Massive Monkeys get eliminated, I can guarantee that this is rigged, probably because the producers did not want another bboy winner. There is no way that Massive Monkeys and Rhythm City could be in the bottom...bleh...well whoever isnt eliminated will probably be the winner of this season...We Are Heroes will probably be second and Afroborike, however the heck they manage to get to the top three, will fall off at third.

WHA?!? That is not right. I mean I did read on the Twitter that they were talking about it being a battle, and as much as it pains me to say this because I hate Rhythm City (they just bore me to death, they're nothing special), this is robbery plain and simple. Whomever goes home tonight, I will say this frankly, is getting a very raw deal.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI

Okay the eliminated group was
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Rhythm City

The routines were "Vogue" (We Are Heroes...although seeing VE do this would be more entertaining than half the stuff this season), "I'm A Slave For You" (Afroborike), "Tearin' Up My Heart" (Massive Monkees), and "Wall to Wall" (Rhythm City).

I also call B.S. on the bottom two, I hate that RC left tonigt. Frankly, although I appreciate the B-Boy style, I'm tired of it and I agree with JC that the tricks should not overshadow tight choreography. I think ABDC missed the mark yet again.

I'm am still fuming over the results, Afroborike should've been eliminated, it was just not right for Rhythm City to go before them...

On a side note, I hated everyone's performance, everyone, everything fell short of expectations and I feel like were back at week 1. On top of that, whoever mixed the songs did a horrible job this week, all the remixes this week sounded horrible and terribly slow which in my opinion added to the mess that this week created. The music to me threw off the beat and was just so poorly done. None of these crews really did justice to their original performances in my honest opinion.

All in all, I am so disappointed with this season, and voting results is all wrong throughout the show, Beat Ya Feet kings had it too good for too long...and Afroborike making it into top three is seriously a wtf moment.

After watching the show, I do have to agree with the decision of the judges. We Are Heroes put on a decent performance, but it was just "okay". Not their best, not their worst. Afroborike was good, for the entertainment point of view, but sloppy. I also thought the whole snake part, while good to add to the performance for the authenticity, could have been executed way better because when you have two or more of your members at the back of the stage not really preparing for a stunt or anything, it kind of takes away, so that part really seemed a little weak. However, the chains were done well.

Massive Monkees did have the slip-up at the beginning, but they did well. They had the most fun with their number as we can tell, and when I watch them dance, I smile because they genuinely look like they are having fun and it's where they want to be. I was not into the boybands too much, but JC approved which makes it a lot better. I also liked how they incorporated the popping, the puppets (from Bye Bye Bye), and added in their own twist. Justin Timberlake has nothing on these guys. Rhythm City? While it was a good routine, it just seemed a bit empty to me. It didn't have that fierce fighting spirit, and I couldn't tell who was Chris at each point. Tricks? Good. Dancing? Clean. I can give them those. Aside from the trick at the end, the girls did not add a whole lot to the routine, or at least that's my observation. They have a decent fanbase but at the same time, they can't entertain. ABDC needs to be a clean-dancing group, but they need to be able to entertain as well. This is the VMA tribute, where it's well, the biggest night in entertainment.

Ranks:
    1. Massive Monkees
    2. We Are Heroes
    3. (tie) Afroborike/Rhythm City

It will be interesting to see the Influential Dance Challenge, because they apparently are going to be doing moves of James Brown, Usher, and...Lady Gaga.

Haven't watched the show yet (no MTV, so I have to wait for the episode to go up on the site the next day), but the results have shown the West Coast the dominant coast once again. Not sure if it should have occurred that way, because, if anything, their pushing of "West vs Rest" isn't making this result any better.

Watching the videos in the vote now section, I've got to say, the music is really dreadful, particularly the mix of Chris Brown's "Wall to Wall", which was mixed a whole lot better during Season One, when Kaba Modern performed to it for the Video Star challenge.

And while I thought Afroborike could go places during the beginning of the season, I've since come to find them... one note.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Rhythm City should've stayed. I'm tired of this B-boy obsession.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread