+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 107 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

Re: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

Tell me about it. Who the heck is voting for this show? Afroborike and Massive Monkees were the first two saved? Come on. They're the worst two crews there. Monkees never really dance, they just do tricks (which has already been done and is tired) Afroborike is too inconsistent and are rather out of synch.

And why is We Are Heroes in the bottom two for the second week? They're easily one of the best crews there. They're always solid.

I'm rooting for We Are Heroes and I'd be fine with Rhythm City because they're pretty good too.

I mean, there have been some good groups, but not the level of talent in S1 or 2.

Anywhoo, here are my thoughts:

Afroborike: It was good, but not great. There was a lot of sloppiness and a lot of slowness, although they get good points for getting more into the hip-hop while maintaining the essence of who they are, and at the same time bringing another level of creativity to the table.

Massive Monkees: This was probably one of the most entertaining performances to date. With these guys, they are truly putting on a show-a lot of the dance, for me (I almost majored in drama) is the aura that they project-and they act with their faces and everything. The props, the dancing, not to mention that the trampoline was very well suited for them. I can only imagine what it would have been like to have Supreme Soul, Supercrew, Status Quo, or In Living Colour on because they would have rocked the trampoline. It's a big challenge, and I liked that they all had the same challenge for their dance craze. With them, I get something very similar to what Fanny Pack did-they put on a whole show, the main difference being that my hometown boys are, in my eyes, actually entertaining and watchable. I could watch that over and over and over again.

Rhythm City: Finally, someone nailed them on only touching on the challenge, which is two weeks in a row. Yes, they did characters, but it was frankly a little boring. The one good thing I will say is that they are very clean, but slow at the same time. The choreography was good but at the same time, it's a case of been there, done that. They are cleaner than many of the choreography-based groups in the past, even Kaba Modern. I'm not going to compare them and Dynamic Edition because that would be apples to oranges.

We Are Heroes: A good routine, a little slow at some spots, but they came out fighting. The stunts were good and they hit stuff that many all-male groups may not be able to hit, so kudos for them. They also brought the creativity, which is important, and it worked for their routine. That's one thing about them is that they consistently are very creative. The other thing I would say is that the challenges don't feel forced-they feel more natural.

Vogue Evolution: I'm sad that they went, as to me they weren't the weakest of the night! (that would go to Afroborike) They were entertaining, athletic, and I loved how they a) did their challenge more than once, although it definitely fits in with what they would normally do, and b) they spotlit everybody at one point, not just having Leiomy be the focus because admittedly, for at least two of the routines it's been Leiomy and her backup dancers, so that, I liked. A little sloppy at parts? Yes. And against We Are Heroes? They definitely were going to go. This is the second season in a row where a favourite crew has gone out in 5th place.

Overall though, I thought it was another strong week. Each crew was fairly strong, although some moreso than others.

1. Massive Monkees
    2. We Are Heroes
    3. Rhythm City
    4: Vogue Evolution
    5: Afroborike
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Massive Monkees - This challenge was definitely up their alley. They used the trampoline very well and it worked very nicely for them.

Rhythm City - They are still one of my fav groups to watch. I do agree that they should have incorporated their dance more into their routine. I hope they rise to their challenge more next week because I don't want to see them go. I think they are one of the more synchronized groups I have seen on this show - definitely the best this season.

Afroborike - They are fun to watch, but I think they may be the group to go next week.

We Are Heroes - They were fun. They did a lot with their dance and they used the trampoline very well - very athletic!! I was a little bothered by the whole "act against the doctor's advice and power through message, but I am guessing that if it was really that serious the show wouldn't have let her do the flips. There would have to be some kind of liability issue there...I think??

Vogue Evolution - IMO, it was time for Vogue Evolution to go home. They were growing on me the last two weeks, but this performance seemed to go right back to the stuff I didn't like them for in the beginning.

I agree on the voting stuff. I comment here, but I am not invested enough this season to pick up the phone and vote...

Afroborike: Amusing, but definitely not their best performance, because it shows their weakness as hip hop dancers. The lifts were fun, but there were points when they simply weren't together.
    Massive Monkess: For those who don't break, tricks are a large part of b-boying; power-moves, freezes and stunts are considered just as valid as top-rocks and footwork when performed on-beat and are simply other forms of expression. That said, I think the performance was lots of fun and mostly on point, but I'm with JC since the trampoline is the easiest for the Monkees to incorporate into their style.
    Rhythm City: They're technically proficient and fun to watch, but the seem to just barely graze their challenge each time. Clean they are, but I don't see why they didn't do it more.
    We Are Heroes: I like how they completely change what Hiro was saying on the phone. Fun all around, that performance. Still not sure they're in the bottom 2; they deserve better.
    Vogue Evolution: Not a bad choice for them to go, since they were the worse of the two crews in the bottom. They didn't really complete their challenge as much as, say, Massive Monkees, and their voguing moves are really getting repetitive, particularly with the Shablam, which they pulled of twice in this performance.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I knew that Afro had sexy moves, but since I was cooking last night while watching them, I caught the move the judges spotlighted and mentioned the fcc or whatever.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Normally, I don't like the b boy groups because they can't dance and do choreography they only do tricks. Massive Monkies is the first b boy crew that I have liked on this show because they can do the tricks and do the dancing and do the choreography and they are creative with the challenges.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

i really hope they do a janet inspired vma performance. "Thats the way love goes + if" or "doesn't really mater" would be fantastic

Remember this week's episode will be at 7pm.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Click to see Spoiler:
    The episode already taped, and I believe the B2 is Afroborike and We Are Heroes. On the ABDC Twitter, they talk about how the judges battled as hard as the crews. It could be a surprise, but you never know.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Well i think its obvious that those two crews were gonna be in the bottom this week, mostly cause there's only four crews left, and the other two are pretty much fan favorites at this point.

I still stand by my choice for top three (Rhythm City, We Are Heroes, Massive Monkeys), I think all three of those crews easily beat out Afroborike at this point, I still don't really get Afroborike, I think they are sloppy and are only good at lifts and overly sexy moves, which I'm kinda upset about with the judges, since they use to nail girl crews for being overly sexy and "selling out". Of course that all changed when they were trying to promote the girls in season 3 and praised fly khicks for their sexy moves...bleh

+ Reply to Thread