+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 107 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

FORT Fanatic

Re: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;3684924;
    I bet Vogue Evolution will be in danger next week, if only for how very disrespectful Leiomy was. Seriously, what an absolute drama queen! From last week's challenge, walking out like that, to being snappy while practicing for this week's challenge, and to top it off, how she reacted to the comments by the judges tonight. Not a smile, looking like she didn't care at all, and even rolling her eyes as Lil Mama spoke to her. I feel sorry for her teammates, who are likeable and obviously love what they do and commit to it, and will end up paying the consequences for Leiomy's bad attitude.
    I found out on another board that re: the clip the aired of her being upset and walking out - she had just found out one of her best friends had passed away and was upset. AND... that incident actually happened the week PRIOR, but instead of airing it last week, they aired it this week... AND chose not to explain the circumstances. So, creative editing at its finest/worst. I don't blame her for being pissed. Lil Mama's comments toward her and the group have been rather ignorant ("need to act like a lady") and all that.

Is it Leiomy or Neiomi??? lol i keep hearing both, anyways, i think she was reprimanded for the wrong reason, i think throwing a diva tantrum and putting your heal crew at risk is a big no no, i think previous crews have dealt with losses as well and Lil Mama touch on those crews too by saying as performers they have to go on. But yes, Editing is playing a big role this season...notice how alot of this seasons "stories" are so conveniently crafted...Rhythm City in the bottom two? No way, they definitely got put there on purpose for the Charleston comment...the girl and her grandma and the other girl and her son...both fighting for family and ending int he bottom two? its too convenient...

But anyways, this week was pretty good, I think Massive Monkeys had my favorite routine this week...here's my general ranking...

1. Massive Monkeys
    2. We Are Heroes
    3. Rhythm City
    4. Afroborike
    5. Vogue Evolution
    6. Beat Ya Feet Kings

I finally got to watch the entire show. Wow, Judges jump on these crews every week please. It produces beautiful results. Even Beat Ya Feet Kings improved, I don't think they used the knee spins enough but this is the first time I have seen them use different levels and actually be creative with their choreography. While I do think they should have gone home the first week I do think that their Bollywood routine was their best performance.

I did have a problem with Rhythm City, I kept waiting and waiting for their challenge to appear and was a disappointed to see it at the very end of their routine. While I did like what they did especially with the multiple armed figure they created at the end I felt that they could have incorporated their Bollywood moves more into their routine. Still at this point in the show I would like to see Rhythm City and Afroborike in the finale.

I was hoping that We Are Heroes would be a bit stronger.

Vogue Evolution; while I have liked this group from the beginning, I didn't last night and I wonder if it was because of that package showing all that drama in the crew. I do feel that Leilomy (how do you spell her name??) is so over using her fall backwards with a bend leg. I have seen it and seen it and seen it. As well as the other boys spins. The group over all does spins well but they seem to do the same spin over and over again. They need to add variations else the routines just become dull, boring and repetitive. I also think perphaps other members of the crew need to step up and learn some more dance skills so they do not depend so much on Leilomy.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

VE and AB seem to have very loyal fanbases keeping them in. I thought both were very sloppy the week before and was surprised they were safe this week.

FORT Fogey

What's with a clear favorite landing in the bottom 2 each week?

AIM vs. AB
    RC vs. SM
    WAH vs. BYFK

They don't even need to battle! The judges were never gonna let, AB, RC, or WAH go. Is this new that judges decide who goes home? Wasn't it simply least votes in prior seasons? I never watched religiously, just enjoyed the dancing

It was the B2 was decided by the number of votes, and then the judges decided who went home. I think that the number of votes may have had something to do with the end result, but I am not sure. I remember how in season 2, Boogie Bots kept getting saved while ASIID and Supreme Soul both went home, and Supercrew was in the B2 multiple times. It also happened in the first two seasons, where the crew the judges liked the least was the one that moved on in the F3 while the other two crews-the ones the judges liked-had to battle. In S1, arguably there was good reason for KM to be in the B2 as they had mistakes in their previous routine, but in S2 it was tough as you had a fan favourite (and coincidentally my least-favourite of all time) in Fanny Pack, and the deserving winners of Supercrew.

I am an admitted member of the VE fanbase-every week two groups get my vote: VE and Massive Monkees. However, I did not vote the martial-arts week, since I a) forgot, and b) just didn't feel like voting for anyone. I actually think I gave VE more votes than MM this week, only because I can watch the VE routine over and over and over and not be bored. It takes a darn good routine to do that-ie Status Quo's Dance Craze routine, Dynamic Edition's Wack Track, and so forth. Then again, I have very different tastes than most of you.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

There was one time however when the show supposedly went with cumulative votes for the whole season instead of votes for the one round, which was in the final 3 of season 2. Fanny Pak & Supercrew (what should've been the top 2) had to battle while SoReal snuck into f2. If they had left the system as it was, SoReal would arguably be given the boot and we could've had a really awesome final 2.

Hopefully they don't pull a stunt like that this season, because I'd rather not see a really awesome crew like We Are Heroes or Rhythm City get shafted like Fanny Pak was. I have faith though considering god awful Fly Khicks left at final 3 last year, though they should've gone home weeks prior imo.

I mean, granted, I think the main reason that Fly Kicks got through so many weeks was because Ringmasters, well, they sucked, Dynamic Edition was more limited (their hip hop admittedly was more lacking), and SAS had mistakes in two consecutive routines. That's the only justification, to me.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Season 3 was TOTALLY about the girl crews vs the guy crews, it was definitely planned to be that way...for goodness sakes they had a girls vs guys battle of the sexes challenge...they had to have gotten rid of the mixed crews to have made that happen. Don't get me wrong, I definitely thought Fly Khicks were one of the better girl crews that have been on the show (I would rank them 4th best top girl crew 1. Fysh N Chicks, 2. Beat Freaks, 3. We Are Heroes, 4. Fly Khicks the rest sucked completely), but I genuinely believe that the girls had it easy that season since the show was definitely trying to push a girl crew to the winner circle. That season was full of double standards, the girls got away with things that the guys would get nailed for.

I definitely think that a mixed crew will win this season, Rhythm City is pretty awesome, though I wont count out Massive Monkeys/We Are Heroes out just yet...

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

So I've been watching to previous seasons of ABDC, since I came in during season 3, and I just have to ask...what is up with Lil' Mama's bedazzled hats?

+ Reply to Thread