+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 107 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

Re: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

I didn't watch any of the performances since Miss Universe was on, but FINALLY Southern Movement and their hick hop is gone....

Though I was a little surprised Rhythm City was in the bottom two with Southern Movement...

I'm glad that they left; and I think this is a great wake-up call for RC: Don't diss your challenge. Ever. I was lucky to watch Miss Universe on live stream (in Spanish, so I couldn't understand a thing) so I can see all the carnage tonight.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

I think so too, them dissing the Charleston was a no no...

Ok so I just watched the rerun, and Rhythm City totally dominated the challenge this week, I think the judges were being a little too gracious towards Southern Movement, but Rhythm City demolished the night, they really brought it all, and I just noticed they had a Kill Bill theme! The main girl was in the yellow outfit that Uma wore and the other girl was the schoolgirl bodyguard of Lucy Lui's character lol I thought they had the best performance of the night by far! I knew they were gonna stay and they are really the team to beat at this point for me.

Okay after the first two:

Afroborike: Shane said it all. Weak execution of the challenge, low energy, bad choreography. I wouldn't be surprised if they are B2 next week.

We Are Heroes: They very well may win the show, but their routine did seem a little spotty at times. They were able to seamlessly mix the dancing in with the challenge and make it all look like one good coherent routine. The pendulum was done a little apprehensively, yes, but these girls have already topped Beat Freaks.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI

Vogue Evolution: I have to agree with what they said, because the choreography was not difficult and they need to step it up. Also they need to get it together when they aren't "vogue-ing"-but the routine was fun to watch. It was a performance, and they really took the tiger thing (kung fu) literally which made it fun to watch. They still get votes from me because they are fun to watch.

Massive Monkees: This is one case where sure, they didn't complete the challenge exactly, but the routine made up for it in spades. The dancing was good, the performance was good, and they put on a show.

Beat Your Feet Kings: I didn't get their task exactly, but their routine was okay. Not great, but not bad. Just...there.
    Last edited by Trista; 08-24-2009 at 12:39 AM.

OMG THEY LISTENED TO ME!!! NEXT WEEK IS BOLLYWOOD WEEK!!!

Because I am the resident Bollywood fanatic, here's some songs I hope they use:

Dola Re Dola (Devdas-this would be good for We Are Heroes)
    Mera Piya Ghar Aaya (Yaarana)
    Crazy Kiya Re (Dhoom 2-I could almost see this going to Vogue Evolution)
    O Jaana (Raaz: TMC-this would be good for Afroborike although it is a bit slower)
    Nimbooda (Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam)

Please, please, please do not use Jai Ho.

This will probably be one of the toughest challenges ever only because Bollywood dancing is a mixture of styles-sometimes hip-hop, sometimes modern, but there's usually a lot of Kathak and other classical dance forms and steps involved, and it is very hard to get it right. Search for any Aishwarya Rai or Madhuri Dixit music video on Youtube-some of those dances are absolutely insane. I could also see them using "Singh is Kinng". There's a movie that came out this year called "Let's Dance" and it's up on YouTube, that will give some more ideas.
    Last edited by Trista; 08-24-2009 at 01:24 AM.

I'm very surprised that RC is in the bottom 2 (probably because they ditched the charleston). Not so much for Southern Movement, but they in fact did better than BYFK and VE last week. I agree with the judges. If the bottom 2 was based on this week's then Afroborike and VE should be the bottom 2. I really don't like these two groups (they suck and they were sloppy) and they should have gone before AIM and Fr3sh. It was too early for RC to be in the bottom 2. Perhaps this will be a wakeup call for their fans and will start voting more so they will never land the bottom 2 again. I know RC is dope and their routine is the best of the night.

All I can say is boy the judges were not happy with how the groups interpreted doing martial arts. I do agree with them that the two groups that incorporated the martial arts best into the entire routine were RC and SM. They also had very strong energy and power thoughout their routines.

We Are Heroes - I thought came out very weak and lacking energy at the beginning of their routine. Their karate punches were pathetic, it is as if they had absolutely no upper body strength. They did get better and their energy level did go up.

I was very dissappointed with Massive Monkies as I expected for them all to do the 540 turn at the same time (which would have been the move of the night) or at least incorporate it into the routine at several spots. That single 540 by one person was a cop out.

Beat Your Feet - why are they still here?? goes to show that having a fan base can save your group over and over again. I do feel that they are the weakest group this season and they were very fortunate to get a martial art style and movement they could incorporate into their style and I think I missed seeing it as it is so similiar to what they already do. I think they are limited as dancers and need to explore other styles and incorporate them.

Vogue Evolution - you have to give it to them, they have lots and lots of energy and do perform. I did think the tiger in the cage theme was a really creative idea and their little cat stratch was cute but they really needed to have a segment of really strong masculine movement that incorporated the tiger claw movement. But they are entertaining.

Afroborike - I like them. I like their partner work. I like that their group is 3 girls and 3 guys. I guess I didn't see what Shane saw and I want to see them around for more dancing. I think next week's Bollywood style will be right up their alley. I think We Are Heroes will also have an easier time with the Bollywood style then the other groups.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

"Aggressive striking of karate to the lightning-fast takedowns of Tae Kwan Do"? Are the producers bloody insane? TKD is known for kicking, not takedowns, and karate is generally a point-based style that's been watered down since the formation of McDojos.

Afroborike: That was supposed to be capoeira? That was so bloody soft, they could have treated hemorrhoids with it. Considering that capoeira was historically designed to look like dance so that slaves could practice it without drawing suspicion, there was so much more that could have been done that simply wasn't. A disappointing performance.
    We Are Heroes: Lack of proper striking technique aside, which is fine because it's interpretive dance rather than a martial arts showcase, they did pretty well. Noticed some of the moves that were used looked wushu-influenced, and some of the stunts look inspired by Hong Kong action flicks, but overall, an enjoyable performance. The more I watch them, the more they remind me of Quest, and that's not a bad thing.
    Vogue Evolution: Just where the bloody was the Kung Fu, because I'm not seeing it after two viewings. An energetic performance, but it looks like they had a swing and a miss in terms of the challenge. Playing at being a tiger and performing Kung Fu are two different things, and I saw playing at being cats, rather than performing any kind of Kung Fu.
    Massive Monkees: Man, those group tornado kicks looked sloppy. Can't blame them, though, since most tricking techniques are pretty bloody hard to pull off, another reason why Steve Terada is bloody insane. Sweet routine, really entertaining.
    Beat Ya Feet Kings: That was supposed to be entertaining? These dancers are starting to wear out their welcome with me, and while I get what they're coming from, I didn't feel their performance.
    Rhythm City: Probably my favorite performance of the night, although some of the elbow striking was sloppy and the faux-muay thai stance wasn't actually correct, but they did better than the other crews, or at least caught my attention.
    Southern Movement: The kali was where? I saw a lot of prop work, but none of which looked like proper kali fighting. Guess they did mess up, and that sent them home.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3671736;
    I'm still a little dissatisfied with how sloppy the crews are, precision is definitely an issue for all the crews this season, they can all be so disoriented...

I am a little more at ease with the crews since the first week, but still left slightly disappointed...so far, Rhythm City would be my guess* for the win, but I'm still not into any of the crews that I would actually vote for anyone...

Martial arts week is coming up, I can only imagine how thats going to go...lol

I agree, and I think this season's crews are really poor and bland compared to last season. Even martial arts week, which should have been fabulous, was really weak and sloppy. Wow! Ever since Qwest Crew, I don't think there will be many crews that will be able to measure up! (It sure was great, btw, seeing some of the Qwest guys Sunday nite!)

+ Reply to Thread