+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 107 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

Re: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

Oh, come on! I liked Artistry in Motion, and was so thrilled to see Donyelle again, whom I adored in SYTYCD, and I can't believe they're just gone like that so suddenly and soon! Especially when Massive Monkees and Beat Ya Feet Kings are still there, they're just not good enough for me.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I hate that they switched the the schedule. Sheesh!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I hate it too but it was a good move for MTV because they need to try and draw viewers away from VH1, and ABDC is one of MTV's highest-rated shows. The episode hasn't aired here yet, but I'm shocked about who left, to be honest.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

It's hard for me to keep up now. I completely forgot.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

After the performances:

We Are Heroes (Single Ladies): They did a very respectable job with their dance, not only due to working with the heels but incorporating their challenge (strobing) into the routine.
    Rhythm Nation (can't remember the name of their song): I thought it was weak, them outright dissing their challenge (the Charleston), and it wasn't really that great either. It was one of those one second things that they probably did to get out of the way. The concept was great, but the execution was lacking.
    Massive Monkees (Work It Out): I felt their challenge (hula hoops) held them back in a way, but they were able to use them to their fullest with the tricks. Definitely not one of the better, but I blame the props.
    Beat Your Feet Kings (Crazy In Love): They definitely made up for last week, although the difficulty was lacking. It was a very competent routine and you have the girl who can hit as hard as the guys, and then come in and do Beyonce. Not a convincing one, but still. The challenge (doing the booty shake) was one that fit in quite easily, in my opinion.
    Southern Movement (Jumpin Jumpin): They are a very clean group, although no Dynamic Edition. They hit their challenge very well also (the bounce, shake, twist, dip part of the song) and incorporated the hip-hop, line-dancing, and they proved that they listened to the judges, but their difficulty is also a lot lower than that of the rest of the crews.
    Vogue Evolution (Deja Vu): Best routine of the night, bar none. You have to figure that they are going to hit Beyonce harder than anyone, and the woman in the group? Absolutely amazing. Their challenge (African dancing) was very easy to mix in with their stuff, and if you were asleep, this would not only wake you up, but it would get you dancing as well.
    Artistry In Motion (Diva): Too bad, so sad. The prop (a chain that they had to all be touching) really held them back, and they spent way, way too much time with it at the beginning. Sure, I like when teams incorporate their challenge for more than two seconds into their routine, but this was overkill. Good routine, but still lacking. They definitely sent the right team home. Them leaving their stamp on ABDC? Don't think so, honey. At first, I was shocked they left, but based on who they were up against it's no shocker anymore.
    Afroborike (Beautiful Liar): This proved me wrong, and I'm sure it proved a lot of people wrong. The tricks were amazing, their dancing was amazing, and they effectively hit their challenge (the bellydancing) in a new and interesting way as well as incorporating their usual stuff. I think this is a routine people will remember for awhile, and this crew in general, because there has never been one that has such raw sexuality in their routines. I almost need to put censors on it!

Next week is the martial arts challenge, which I think could be really good if done right.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI

It seems very obvious that the top vote getters were first saved: WAH, RN, & MM. And the last 3 crews: VE, Afroborike, & AIM were the least vote getters. America got it right. The judges got the bottom 3 wrong last week. These 3 were the weakest crew in their respective groups and Fr3sh would have been still alive this week. VE is so overrated, the girls in the other groups can hit it harder than these "guys".

We Are Heroes: Did well, from what I saw. Enjoyed their performance very much.
    Rhythm Nation: I'm with Trista on their disrespecting their challenge; the Jabbawockeez were given the exact same challenge during the Broadway week and nailed it straight up. Wasn't really feeling their performance, though.
    Massive Monkees: The toprocking with the hula hoops around the neck looked bloody awesome. Those hoops definitely got in the way, though.
    Beat Your Feet Kings: Their performance had me going "What the hell?" in that I still don't think they're really all that good.
    Southern Movement: Not sure how I feel about this group. They didn't really entertain me all that much, even though they were definitely the cleanest group.
    Vogue Evolution: They did well, but still don't really buy them as contenders yet. With weeks or so of improvements, they could get there, though, because it felt like the woman was carrying the crew.
    Artistry In Motion: Wasn't their song used last season by the Fly Khicks during the magical stunt performance? Besides that note, nothing really all that memorable about the performance. The right crew went home.
    Afroborike: Definitely a memorable performance, with the type of dancing I find interesting to watch. Still think they deserve better than the bottom, but what can you do?
    Revenge is ice cream.

Yep, Fly Kicks used the same song for their horrendous magic routine last season.

I can't remember when it airs now so I've been missing it.

It airs Sunday nights at 9.

+ Reply to Thread