+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

Re: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

Haven't seen the actual show, but after watching the clips on the vote page on the ABDC site, I couldn't bring myself to vote for any of the crews. Not because I like all of them; on the contrary, I couldn't do it without feeling like I was being cheated, especially after looking forward to the new season since the last one ended.
    Revenge is ice cream.

After the first 6 performances, all I have to say: Massive Monkees have done us Seattleites proud. The Latin crew was okay, but they were not in sync, and they lagged. We Are Heroes was good, but they lagged quite a bit and they weren't in sync either. Beat Your Feet was horrid. Sure they have the sob story, but their dancing stunk. Artistry wasn't as clean as Lil Mama said so-but they still were better than most. The line dancers were okay, but this is season 4 and the standard is very high, and they're just not up to snuff when you look at AIM and MM.

I'm rooting for MM right now for the obvious reason that they're from the 206.
    Last edited by Trista; 08-10-2009 at 12:51 AM.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Okay, after seeing the rest of the program, they definitely sent the right people home. I love how many co-ed or all girl groups they have, although they are definitely trying to have a girl group win. Vogue Evolution was fabulous, and the crew from the Bronx wasn't that bad either. We shall see next week though which crews rise to the challenge and which fall. I'm not crazy about a Beyonce challenge, but they needed SOMEONE.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3652700;
    Okay, after seeing the rest of the program, they definitely sent the right people home. I love how many co-ed or all girl groups they have, although they are definitely trying to have a girl group win. Vogue Evolution was fabulous, and the crew from the Bronx wasn't that bad either. We shall see next week though which crews rise to the challenge and which fall. I'm not crazy about a Beyonce challenge, but they needed SOMEONE.
    Which crew left...I didn't watch after the bottom 3 (although I agree with the choices there as well).

PS Lil' Mama's jewelry was bigger than her!

Just putting down my thoughts as I watch the show online

Beat Your Feet Kings: Seems like a broke hybrid between the Strikers All-Stars and Dynamic Edition, without the precision or energy. Color me unimpressed; I don't see them going far.
    We Are Heroes: Better than the Beat Your Feet Kings, and I can't fault their music selection, but I'm not buying them as a possible winning crew. Yet.
    Afroborike: Much more impressive and fun to watch enlarged than in the tiny software used on the vote page. Liked the first half better than the second, though. Could see them making top 4.
    Massive Monkees: Enjoyed their performance lots, probably because I b-boyed at one point in my life, and I think they're certainly better than Super Cr3w, so they most certainly could go the distance, which I'd like to see.
    Artistry In Motion: Reminds me of Fly Khicks, for better or worse.
    Southern Movement: Hick Hop? Catchy as that sounds, their performance was fun but not particularly impressive. Don't see them going the distance.
    Rhythm City: Color me impressed. Reminds of me of Quest, so they could go all the way too. Enjoyed the acrobatics sequence; haven't seen anything strung together like that before.
    Fr3sh: Obnoxious s'right. I enjoyed their performance except for one person's (Adrian) dancing, as he seemed more a poseur and less a dancer. Since they were eliminated, not much to say besides, "Too bad, so sad."
    Vogue Evolution: Strangely endearing, from their dancing to their music choice, both of which, I must admit, would never be something I'd enjoy under other circumstances, but they me on it.

If I had to choose, I'd like to see Rhythm City and Massive Monkees go the distance, with Afroborike and We Are Heroes rounding out the top four.
    Revenge is ice cream.

I have to root for Massive Monkees on 2 counts. 1, they're a seattle group, and 2- because my sister knows about half the crew lol

Even saying that, I told my sister that they're going to have to fight to make it to the top. They have to work on doing things together, since they're more of a classic b-boy group as in, a circle with one or two guys doing tricks in the center. That's how I view it, at any rate
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

I think it will be interesting as we see them get into the real challenges, if they can effectively do the group stuff as well as their classic B-Boy. I have a feeling they could dethrone Supercrew as the best B-Boy group of all time, and it's also cool that Nickels supports them. As far as other crews go, I have to root for We Are Heroes, Vogue Evolution, and AIM. Afroborike could go far if they work on their synchronicity, because for them more than anything it's about getting all the couples clean and perfect.

I just finished up watching the first show last night.

My fav crews at the moment are:
    Massive Monkees
    We Are Heroes
    Rhythm City

I thought they all had some good moves and kept me interested in the performance.

Artistry In Motion - I like these girls much more at this point than Fly Khicks. I was happy to see Donyelle again, I really liked her on SYTYCD!
    Afroborike - Interesting in concept. I hope they improve because I didn't think they seemed that tight.
    Beat Your Feet Kings & Southern Movement - Meh.
    Vogue Evolution - I really wanted to like this group, but wasn't impressed by them. There was too much flailing about that made the performance feel sloppy to me.

I thought Fr3sh was definitely the right crew to eliminate.

Good premiere. I think I'll like this season more than last, since I can get behind some of these crews.

I liked We Are Heroes (lame name though), Rhythm City, and Vogue Evolution.

Artistry in Motion was okay. Massive Monkees do what they do well but I wasn't terribly impressed.. probably because the whole b-boy thing has been done and has gotten tired. I want something new and interesting.. and done well.

I didn't understand the praise for Afroborike. I thought they were rather sloppy. It could be interesting if they put more latin dancing in their routines. Beat Your Feet Kings were incredibly underwhelming as was Southern Movement.

Fr3sh didn't impress me either so I didn't mind seeing them go. Not to mention the fact that they practically burnt a hole through the O-zone layer with that routine.

And what was with all of the sob stories in the video introductions? Was it a prerequisite on the application? I don't mind a little background on the crews, but that was overkill for me.

I'd say the final 4 will be Massive Monkees, Rhythm City, We Are Heroes, and a wild card.. possibly Afroborike or Artistry in Motion.

My favorite so far is Rhythm City...they're tight and precise. And I think they will be in the top 2 with Massive Monkeys.

The judges selected the wrong bottom 3. I think Afroborike, VE, and AIM should have been bottom 3. VE's pair dancing is not really a dance crew, more like a dance troupe. AIM is FlyKhicks reincarnated, and I think they got trounced by WAH (bad name). VE does a lot of flailing, I don't think I'm going to get used to their style...it's definitely not hip hop but their trying plus they are all over the place. Most of the crews were sloppy, btw, in that regard. These 3 can go now. I think Afroborike should have gone. I also think these 3 would have been eliminated if one of them were to compete in the sudden death showdown against BYFK and SM because those two crews really did well. Fr3sh did well too but not as good as the other two that's why they were eliminated.

+ Reply to Thread