+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

Re: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

That's what I had heard as well. It will make it interesting, and yay for some Seattle representation!
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

aww, if those are the only crews that made it I'm bummed out! There were some really good crews that tried out that were shown on youtube...the l0st kids in particular that I was interested in. I really wanted Choreo Cookies to try out for ABDC as well, cause they would totally destroy the competition, but they made their stance pretty clear on the matter...

All in all, I really hope this season really lives up to expectations, I'm really bummed that the crews that I kept up with during the whole audition phase didn't make it, so these other crews have to bring it!

Was watching America's Got Talent on Hulu and I couldn't help thinking: Since BreakSk8 made it to the live show over (a reformed) Status Quo, what does that say about the abilities of the two groups?
    Revenge is ice cream.

I watched a small little preview of the new season. It looks like the show doesn't want to be known as a HH-oriented show anymore, so they cast some crews who fuse some dance moves of other styles into their dances.

But the problem I can see arising is that people will still see this show as a HH show, so the non-HH crews will probably not make it far.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge;3624827;
    Was watching America's Got Talent on Hulu and I couldn't help thinking: Since BreakSk8 made it to the live show over (a reformed) Status Quo, what does that say about the abilities of the two groups?
    I think it's because Breaksk8 brings something unique in-the fact that they are using the skates, as opposed to Status Quo, who were my favourites but they're just plain ol' hip-hop with some tricks, in my book.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI

Anyone see Randy's top ten performance picks from the past three seasons?

10. Super Cr3w - Ninja performance
    09. Fanny Pak - Get Your Freak On
    08. Break Sk8 - Physically Linked Task Challenge
    07. Dynamic Edition - Sudden Death
    06. Beat Freaks - Magic Ball Levitation
    05. Kaba Modern - Crew's Choice
    04. Strikers All Stars - Britney Challenge
    03. Season 1 Top Four Group Performance Hard Knock Life
    02. Quest Crew - Orquestra
    01. Jabbawockeez - Michael Jackson Challenge

Not my top five, but I find it hilarious that Season's 1 and 2 runner up weren't included (unless you count the group performance from season 1 that made it as number 3), that says alot, Season 1 and 2 definitely had it wrong, Kaba Modern and Fanny Pak should've made it to the final two, for them to not make it was ridiculous to me. Anyways, that's definitely not my top ten, but there are some good performances on that list..

On a side note, I saw The L0st Kids in the trailer after the show, I wonder if they did indeed make it as a surprise crew? The show could surprise us and bring the number of crews back to 12 like they had in season 1, I really hope so cause they are definitely deserving to make it on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3633344;
    Anyone see Randy's top ten performance picks from the past three seasons?

10. Super Cr3w - Ninja performance
    09. Fanny Pak - Get Your Freak On
    08. Break Sk8 - Physically Linked Task Challenge
    07. Dynamic Edition - Sudden Death
    06. Beat Freaks - Magic Ball Levitation
    05. Kaba Modern - Crew's Choice
    04. Strikers All Stars - Britney Challenge
    03. Season 1 Top Four Group Performance Hard Knock Life
    02. Quest Crew - Orquestra
    01. Jabbawockeez - Michael Jackson Challenge

Not my top five, but I find it hilarious that Season's 1 and 2 runner up weren't included (unless you count the group performance from season 1 that made it as number 3), that says alot, Season 1 and 2 definitely had it wrong, Kaba Modern and Fanny Pak should've made it to the final two, for them to not make it was ridiculous to me. Anyways, that's definitely not my top ten, but there are some good performances on that list..

On a side note, I saw The L0st Kids in the trailer after the show, I wonder if they did indeed make it as a surprise crew? The show could surprise us and bring the number of crews back to 12 like they had in season 1, I really hope so cause they are definitely deserving to make it on!!!
    I have some disagreements.
    Supercrew-I agree, although it should be way higher up. Their gym class routine was also good, but the ninja was the iconic one.
    Fanny Pak-I don't like them period, but it should be on here. I'm trying to put aside my FP hate here!
    Breaksk8-This was one of their weakest routines-I remember they got hit hard because one of them was way, way off.
    Dynamic Edition-I don't know which of their routines the Sudden Death is, but their Wack Track challenge deserves to be the one. It was fun, and it was them all the way.
    Beat Freaks-They had way better, I actually thought their Britney challenge was better.
    Kaba-This was good, but they proved later on why they deserved their third-place finish.
    Strikers-They had a few better routines than the Britney one-although it was good.
    Group performance-No thanks.
    Quest-I didn't see this, their performances were my pee breaks.
    Jabbawockeez-They obviously were going to be number one, since they've achieved a LOT of fame outside the show (the Gatorade commercial, music videos, etc). So I can't really argue.

The one glaring omission was Status Quo's "Crank That" routine. That's in my top 5 of all time, because it was good, it was them all the way, and it was a crowd-pleaser. I can understand WHY they were B2 that week, but it was absolutely insane and it completely overshadowed what was a competent (ie better than some) routine by Iconic.

Didn't catch the Top 10 special, but I find myself disagreeing nearly completely with the list. With the exception of orQUESTra, which I thought should have ranked first because it was a more innovative (if not the most innovative) performance on the show, I feel like the routines each crew was listed for was nowhere near their best, like Trista's example for the Beat Freaks, or with Kaba Modern and just about everything they did.
    Revenge is ice cream.

So the "Sudden Death" by Dynamic Edition was actually their first routine...disagree there. Sure, it was a good one, but their Wack Track was way, way better.

Oh. My. God. What the heck happened to this show? I'm all for bringing in new types of dance, but really??? lol

Dynamic Edition was new last season, but least they were clean, the crews this season were so sloppy and all over the place...this season has sunk to new lows, I'm hoping next weeks episode will be better, but at this rate, I dont know lol

+ Reply to Thread