+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 107 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

FORT Regular

Re: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb;3351777;
    I have a feeling BF will win simply because they want an all-female crew to win, but Quest clearly killed the show and deserves a victory, especially since BF had two lackluster performances.
    This is my sentiment ..

Quest is way more well rounded, but BF will prob win ..

I won't be completely devastated if Beat Freaks wins, but Quest truly deserves it.

BF has only proved to be one of the best female groups so far, they are certainly not the best crew at all. Its sad that this his been hyped over as a gender thing, its been girls versus boys all season long and its so lame! Dancing talent has nothing to do with gender, and all the special treatment that the girls are getting is just making me sick. ABDC is basically telling us that girls cant dance and that they should just settle with the first decent girl group that comes around! Quest Crew is by far superior than Beat Freaks, Quest always come up with new tricks and new interesting moves(D-Trix with the elbow air flares was hot), whereas Beat Freaks seems to be a one trick pony crew and tends to whip out the head spin every chance they get.

I'm hoping the right crew wins, and I am still voting 7 times a day for quest lol, one for each Ryan, Feng, Victor, D-Trix, Hok, Hirano, and Steve

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3363796;
    I won't be completely devastated if Beat Freaks wins, but Quest truly deserves it.

BF has only proved to be one of the best female groups so far, they are certainly not the best crew at all. Its sad that this his been hyped over as a gender thing, its been girls versus boys all season long and its so lame! Dancing talent has nothing to do with gender, and all the special treatment that the girls are getting is just making me sick. ABDC is basically telling us that girls cant dance and that they should just settle with the first decent girl group that comes around! Quest Crew is by far superior than Beat Freaks, Quest always come up with new tricks and new interesting moves(D-Trix with the elbow air flares was hot), whereas Beat Freaks seems to be a one trick pony crew and tends to whip out the head spin every chance they get.

I'm hoping the right crew wins, and I am still voting 7 times a day for quest lol, one for each Ryan, Feng, Victor, D-Trix, Hok, Hirano, and Steve
    I agree. While I would like to see a mixed girl/boy or all girl group win, I want them to win because they are the best crew not because of gender.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3363796;
    tends to whip out the head spin every chance they get.
    Funny that they do that, since headspins, backspins and windmills are probably the three easiest power moves for b-boys to learn, and those are the only power moves, along with an incomplete flare, that the Beat Freaks has ever performed on stage during ABDC, whereas Quest and other b-boy crews have showcased a much more expansive set of power moves, ranging from halos to flares to mills and even gorillas. Sure, the Beat Freaks have performed a number of freezes, but they're much less difficult that a lot of the freezes already performed by the other crews.

So, as breakers, the Beat Freaks are very limited. When trying to classify them, I want to call them style heads, but they lack the same musicality that makes Hok a style head, and they lack the power of any Super Cr3w member, or even D-Trix or Victor, who already lack the pure power of b-boys like Ben or Ronnie. I think, if I were to call them anything, it would be "posers", because they're not breakers in the purest sense of the word, not taking anything away from them, since they're still good dancers.
    Revenge is ice cream.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge;3366410;
    Funny that they do that, since headspins, backspins and windmills are probably the three easiest power moves for b-boys to learn, and those are the only power moves, along with an incomplete flare, that the Beat Freaks has ever performed on stage during ABDC, whereas Quest and other b-boy crews have showcased a much more expansive set of power moves, ranging from halos to flares to mills and even gorillas. Sure, the Beat Freaks have performed a number of freezes, but they're much less difficult that a lot of the freezes already performed by the other crews.

So, as breakers, the Beat Freaks are very limited. When trying to classify them, I want to call them style heads, but they lack the same musicality that makes Hok a style head, and they lack the power of any Super Cr3w member, or even D-Trix or Victor, who already lack the pure power of b-boys like Ben or Ronnie. I think, if I were to call them anything, it would be "posers", because they're not breakers in the purest sense of the word, not taking anything away from them, since they're still good dancers.
    I really believe that Beat Freaks are going to win. Unfortunately, Shane has been pulling for them all season. And people would rather listen to Lil Mama than to people like you. I only danced casually (basic moves) back in my day, and even I can tell when people are not in sync and when the choreography isn't cutting-edge. Even I can tell that Quest's tricks were more difficult and their choreography was "cleaner." I admire what Beat Freaks have done. When I get to be their age, I hope I can spin on my head too! But they aren't the best crew. Quest wins by far.

Well I voted a couple more times, and voting is now closed.

I wish so badly that Quest wins this! I really do! For once I just wish the team i root for wins! lol

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3369362;
    Well I voted a couple more times, and voting is now closed.

I wish so badly that Quest wins this! I really do! For once I just wish the team i root for wins! lol
    Does MTV have to disclose voting? If not, they could very easily rig the finale.
    Revenge is ice cream.

FORT Fogey

seriously if this is America's best dance crew then quest should win by a mile. Their hard work, imagination should be rewarded. Not the girls don't deserve it but there were better

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;3369926;
    seriously if this is America's best dance crew then quest should win by a mile. Their hard work, imagination should be rewarded. Not the girls don't deserve it but there were better
    My stomach is telling me the Beat Freaks will win. Of course my stomach was wrong about American Idol. But it is right a lot of the time. I hope it is wrong again.

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge;3369618;
    Does MTV have to disclose voting? If not, they could very easily rig the finale.
    I have no idea if they have to disclose the figures, but even so it would not surprise me if they rigged it.
    I know people build their favourites over the course of the season and BF has had some good peformances, but Quest killed them last week and I think Quest has been better than them almost every week during the season.
    It really wasn't even close last week though, imo.
    Quest mastered every style and put together a great routine.
    BF was so sloppy. I don't know why Shayne wanted a slo-mo of Maryss's housing because I thought it looked awful.
    I don't think they have the same awareness of positioning that Quest does. When Jules and Shorty were threading at the front oif the stage at one point it was really hard to see what they were doing, their bodies actually obscured the trick.

Thank heavens for Lil Mama bringing the judges back down to earth by saying it wasn't BF's strongest performance.
    Speaking of which, Lil needs to bring her hair accessories stronger for the finale. She's been very understated these past couple of weeks.
    Last edited by fluff; 03-05-2009 at 03:11 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread