+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 107 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

FORT Regular

Re: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3342763;
    One thing that did bother me about the judges this week is I think they were so busy concentrating on "Shorty's" headspin that they didn't realise that the others were all over the place as they came into formation behind her.
    One did a very untidy turn and was completely out of sync. Four jumped in the air, two didn't. It was a mess, but not enough of a mess for them to have been intentionally doing different moves.
    If anyone has it saved please watch again, total mess.

When it gets to the final two stage does it come completely down to public voting or do the judges still have a say?
    If they judges pick the winners there seems very little point anyone other than Beat Freaks turning up.

It annoys me that they're being so over the top in praise of Beat Freaks that they're making me unable to watch their routines without concentrating on any faults and wondering why the judges aren't picking up on them.
    I agree completely. One part stands out in my mind... well its two parts but right near each other I believe. I don't remember the first part but something right before Shorty's headspin and her sliding transition to the headspin are so sloppy that I thought they had fallen instead of actually being planned this way. The judges aren't even trying to act like the other crews have a chance, or at least it doesn't seem that way to me.

FORT Regular

I like this show even when you can tell who will win way before the finale (jaba, the crew and the freaks). I saw the faults on the freaks routine, but I still think they deserved to be in the final 2 compared to the crew last year when they should have been eliminated.

Well, in all honesty, I love Quest Crew. Without a doubt, one of my favorite crews of all three seasons, and one of the best, too. They’re certainly a whole lot better than Super Crew, in my opinion. Thing is, I find myself agreeing with the judges, right now Beat Freaks are pulling me in slightly more than Quest, for some reason. I think both crews are great and both deserve to win, but I’m liking the girls just a teensy bit more. They got moves, creativity, entertainment factor. Quest has those things too, except I can see what JC means when he says they’re a bit posey. Both crews have had their highs and not so highs, but overall, I think the girls have done a slightly better job.

And I think it was the right decision to keep Fly Khicks over Strikers All-Stars. I mean, the girls started off so-so, but have been fighting to stay in it and always entertain me in a way. Strikers started out as one of the best crews, but lately their performances were not as engaging, they kept making some mistakes, and I just couldn’t get any personality from them, so I can see why they got eliminated.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3342763;
    One thing that did bother me about the judges this week is I think they were so busy concentrating on "Shorty's" headspin that they didn't realise that the others were all over the place as they came into formation behind her.
    One did a very untidy turn and was completely out of sync. Four jumped in the air, two didn't. It was a mess, but not enough of a mess for them to have been intentionally doing different moves.
    If anyone has it saved please watch again, total mess.
    I always notice the mistakes. My eye is drawn to mistakes. I noticed it. I actually didn't see much of the break dancing at all because the ladies in the back were way off the whole time. I just think Beat Freaks will win no matter what. Super Cr3w got the same treatment last time. Lots of people have been called out for their mistakes! But as much reality tv as I watch, I am totally used to this sort of thing by now. Girls will win this time. Even the commercials are foreshadowing the inevitable.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by thisaintascene;3340399;
    I have no idea why Fly Khicks are even still in the competition. They have done nothing that has impressed me as much as some of the eliminated crews.
    This show has been a disappointment since Season 1 for this very reason. And no with the Fly Khicks, I'm convinced that the judges have little say in who really goes home. Wouldn't America's votes mean something?

Here's the rundown of how this show screws over good crews:
    Season 1: That stunt crew that barely did any dance moves made it to the end (forget the name). They didn't deserve to get for far.

Season 2: Fanny Pak got ROBBED. Sean and Lil Mama both said they didn't send home Fanny Pak. If two judges didn't send them home, then WHO did?

Season 3: FLY KHICKS MUST GO! They are pretty girls and they sure can dance, but their time is up. They should have been gone weeks ago.

Speaking of past crews, Jabbawockeez and Kaba Modern will be performing at this week's show, I'm sure there were a couple of others but I didn't catch their names. Should be nice to see some of the previous crews!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3345764;
    Speaking of past crews, Jabbawockeez and Kaba Modern will be performing at this week's show, I'm sure there were a couple of others but I didn't catch their names. Should be nice to see some of the previous crews!
    Super Cr3w was the other.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Is there a dance off this week? If there is we can expect Beat Freaks and Fly Khicks as the final crews. If the judges have a hand in it they will make sure there are only two all female crews left. They won't want to leave it in America's hands if it is down to Beat Freaks and Quest.

QUEST CREW JUST KILLED ITTTT!

I really think they just won it! STANDING OVATION from the judges!

Get it Quest Crew
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

First, I owe the judges an apology. Not only did they fairly review Quest Crew's first dance, they did so with passion and belief. They didn't just praise them because Quest's performance gave them no option, the praise they gave was from the heart.

Second, there's no doubt in my mind that Quest deserves to win. Once again, Beat Freaks did a good job, but, again, they were given far more praise than they deserved. As a crew they weren't always together, and some of their moves (most notably during the threading) were downright sloppy and badly performed. While Quest were in perfect sync at all times.

God only knows what 'America' will do with 5 days of voting. I hope they get it right. I hope the decision isn't made by some pimply faced looser locked in their basement with a software dialing program.

+ Reply to Thread