+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 107 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

I am of the opinion that b-boys and b-girls are real dancers. So, I consider Quest a REAL dance crew.

For me, Quest has proven, over the course of the season, they are the best dance crew this season. However, I doubt that will help them against judges who seem hell bent on having an all-female winner.

I agree that breaking is a legitimate dance form; as a b-boy, it irritates the God-knows-what out of me when people say b-boying isn't a form of dance, even when breakers have to have the same, if not superior, musicality and physical conditioning when compared to a lot of other dancers, many who can get away with never having to do a lot of things breakers end up doing.

At points, when I watch the Break Freaks, I get the feeling that any male crew who performed the same routines would have been thrown out on their ear by now. Regarding last nights show, if any male crew had performed the same set as the Beat Freaks, they wouldn't have gotten as much props from the judges as the Freaks did, so I really feel it is discriminatory.

Quest showed off more power than I've seen from them before, and I thought they did exceptionally well. The Fly Khicks really should have gone home already. Next week, I predict the bottom two will be the two female crews.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Quest Crew's performance last night was AMAZING, you put them up to a task and they will go over and beyond! While I do agree that Beat Freakz is one of the better crews, I just don't understand all the hype and hysteria for them! I'll be the first to say that I want a girl crew to win so badly, but I want them to win legitimately, and right now, Quest Crew is the best crew on this season! I hate how the judges keep trying to find ANY bad comment they have on the male Crews to make them look bad, and fish for ANY good comments for the girl crews they can find. This is ludicrous! Like everyone has said earlier, half the things the girls do, the guys would never get away with!

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3337258;
    Like everyone has said earlier, half the things the girls do, the guys would never get away with!
    Completely agree. This double standard is killing me.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by hott4hill;3336190;
    I thought Quest SERIOUSLY underwhelmed. So I disagree, I think Beat Freaks are way more inventive. Quest is just a cliche of every breaker group out there. All they are is a bunch of tricks, no dance.

Ironically with the name of the show, we rarely ever have a REAL dance crew. Fly Khicks to me is a real dance crew, they do actual choreography. However, they just aren't inventive the way Fanny Pak was.

The producers are desperate for female winners. However, I think at least they found a female crew worthy of winning. They are far superior (both crews) to the other female crews of the past.
    I agree about Quest-their routine was so underwhelming. I was literally yelling at my television "YOU ARE NOT SUPERCREW!" when they did some of their tricks. To me, these two can go head-to-head. Quest does a lot more of the choreography whereas SC was a lot more as far as the tricks went, but both of them could do both. To this day, the ninja routine of SC is in my top routines of all time (along with Status Quo's Soulja Boy routine, among others), but I haven't seen a routine from Quest that really wowed me. It's like "Okay, I've seen it all before, bleh". Call it fair or not, but in order to be my top pick, a crew needs to have at least one routine that really wows me.

The thing with Fly Kicks is that they do choreography-however it is a lot more of the girly choreography. It's not going to be the most hip-hop...girly choreography is going to have a bit more of the sex appeal, a bit more of the dance team stuff. I can see where the judges come from about it, and yes, they are better than some of the groups from seasons past. But if Strikers is called out constantly for being sloppy, these girls should be too-their last two routines had a lot of sloppiness in it. It just seems that there isn't a place for a more technical dance group on the show.

As far as Beat Freaks go, I can tell that the judges want them to win, but their routines have not been as revolutionary. Their choreography is nothing to write home about in my books, and while they do good tricks I just have been left wanting more the last few weeks.

Strikers, I honestly wanted them over Quest in the finals because I liked their look better, I liked some of their choreography better, and I am a sucker for stepping. I can understand why they left, because they have had issues with cleanliness in the latter shows...but still.

FORT Fogey

I have to say that I am a fan of Quest Crew. You can really tell that they have worked with really great choreographers in the past (SYTYCD). Their shows are really intelligent and well-executed. I think they are the best crew. This is an unlucky year for them because they do break dance like the last winner and a lot of people would love to see women win this season. I think they deserve it. I think Beat Freaks have a lot of talent, but they are overrated. The first 20 seconds and the last 20 seconds of their show was really impressive. But the middle was a big mess. It wasn't very interesting and the ladies were not synchronized. And the judges didn't penalize them for that. And I think they should have.
    The judges are crazy. Hello!? We don't want Fly Khicks on the show anymore! They did this last season with Super Cr3w. There is just no reason to keep a crew that has no shot of winning.

I thought the Beat Freaks had a better routine this week, but agree that the middle section was a mess, they just don't hit hard enough.
    Still it was better than that floating ball routine last week. I still maintain they were given the easiest prop and if you take the ball away you were left with a very poor routine.

Overall, I don't think Beat Freaks can touch Quest. They're far more inventive and polished and I still don't understand why they got poor reviews for last week's routine, which I thought was the best on the show...by far.
    I enjoyed Fly Khicks routine this week.

The pimping of Beat Freaks is irritating to me when I don't see them as being the best crew this season.
    I think Quest would have no trouble doing any BF routine, but BF could not do a Quest routine, at least not make it look as good as Quest do.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I think that whichever group survives the bottom two with Fly Khicks will win the show...that's how its always been right? Super Cr3w being saved over Fanny Pack and wins, Jabbawockeez being saved over Kaba Modern and wins...unless the show pulls some crazy situation and kick out Quest so they can have an all female crew finale and then make Beat Freakz winners since they OBVIOUSLY deserve to win over Fly Khicks. oh god....I hope not...they probably wont do that since its been battle of the sexist all season long...Nevertheless, Quest has my full support and I hope they take the win as they should!

FORT Regular

I have no idea why Fly Khicks are even still in the competition. They have done nothing that has impressed me as much as some of the eliminated crews.

The judges keep saying they're different from other cheerleader-esque crews, but they seem exactly the same to me.

One thing that did bother me about the judges this week is I think they were so busy concentrating on "Shorty's" headspin that they didn't realise that the others were all over the place as they came into formation behind her.
    One did a very untidy turn and was completely out of sync. Four jumped in the air, two didn't. It was a mess, but not enough of a mess for them to have been intentionally doing different moves.
    If anyone has it saved please watch again, total mess.

When it gets to the final two stage does it come completely down to public voting or do the judges still have a say?
    If they judges pick the winners there seems very little point anyone other than Beat Freaks turning up.

It annoys me that they're being so over the top in praise of Beat Freaks that they're making me unable to watch their routines without concentrating on any faults and wondering why the judges aren't picking up on them.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread