+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 107 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

Re: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge;3324446;
    Actually, I don't quite agree with you. I felt like, with the Beat Freaks, their trick overshadowed the rest of their performance, almost as if the trick was the more important, and the dancing was secondary, which was why I felt Quest did better, since they used the trick as the capstone/climax of their performance.

But hey, that's just me; from my perspective, creating drama and carefully putting together climaxes is an important part of a performance, so I felt Quest did better in that respect, as they built up to a climax, whereas, to me, the Beat Freaks performance had no pressure.
    I agree with you actually! I kinda see your point, and I do agree that I was looking more at the ball then at them, it was just a flash trick.

I was just saying it was unfair that some people had harder props to incorporate into their performance. You can't exactly dance and then get off stage and reappear as often as you can have a ball floating around you all the time and not interfere with your choreography, I just felt that between all five tricks, the ball was easily the most interesting and easy to work in.

Had they all had the same trick, I think it would've been more fair and more interesting to see how each group approached the situation and then judge it on that, rather than giving out random tricks that obviously unequal. They can dance with the ball flying around, you can't exactly hole a tarp and dance around and then pull dancers out of it as readily.

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3324453;
    I agree with you actually! I kinda see your point, and I do agree that I was looking more at the ball then at them, it was just a flash trick.

I was just saying it was unfair that some people had harder props to incorporate into their performance. You can't exactly dance and then get off stage and reappear as often as you can have a ball floating around you all the time and not interfere with your choreography, I just felt that between all five tricks, the ball was easily the most interesting and easy to work in.

Had they all had the same trick, I think it would've been more fair and more interesting to see how each group approached the situation and then judge it on that, rather than giving out random tricks that obviously unequal. They can dance with the ball flying around, you can't exactly hole a tarp and dance around and then pull dancers out of it as readily.
    I agree with you there, but that's the nature of competition: it's hardly ever fair. The key is to make the most of whatever you're given, which is what I felt Quest did, since they used their trick as the climax of their performance.

The Strikers, who performed three different tricks, with their primary trick in the middle and a poorly done levitation at the end, did not quite grasp the importance of climax; had they switched the order of their tricks by opening up with levitation, going to the burning wallet before finally finishing with the passing of one person through another, they would have created a very compelling show with their biggest illusion at the very end, rather than one that was poorly done.

The Fly Khicks got the idea of climax better than the Strikers did, but nonetheless were fouled up by performing the illusion poorly. As for Dynamic Edition, they started off with their illusion, and their performance, as a show went downhill from there, although they too understood the need for a capstone illusion, even if it was a small-time one.

But those are just my opinion. What do I know, compared to paid judges?
    Revenge is ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3324453;
    Thank you for saying this. A lot of people raved about Beat Freaks, and I'll admit they've been impressive, but this performance, they got the easiest of all the magic routines. The ball can be easily manipulated into the choreography with minimal distraction to the dance routines itself. One of the judges complained during one of the routine about too much posing, but the ball trick definitely wouldn't have suffered from that issue compared to all the other tricks.

The judges have been pimping for an all girls team to win and they'll probably get their dreams come true.

If you took the floating ball away I think you'd be let with a very average routine from the Beat Freaks. They've done far better in previous weeks, imo.
    I think Quest is just better. They're more inventive and manage to hit their moves harder while also being more polished.
    They have Beat Freaks beat in every way, imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3325682;
    If you took the floating ball away I think you'd be let with a very average routine from the Beat Freaks. They've done far better in previous weeks, imo.
    I think Quest is just better. They're more inventive and manage to hit their moves harder while also being more polished.
    They have Beat Freaks beat in every way, imo.
    I so agree with this I think they are way over rated. And if the Jabba Wokeez or any other male group did their routine, they would have been eaten up

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge;3319893;
    I agree with you completely. After watching the full show this morning after it was uploaded, I feel like the judges are trying to make it sound like Quest did worst than they actually did, and they even talked down to the audience, as if the audience knew nothing about what they saw with their own two eyes. Knowing full well that their words can influence the voters at home, the judges do what they did; however, I sense there will be a backlash against them sooner or later.

In a way, I'm starting to see this show as less of "Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew" and more of "Randy Jackson's Best Dance Crew". On another note, I think, for next season, they really need to get rid of Lil Mama; I feel like she doesn't have an original thought in her head, but maybe I'm just biased because I really don't like her attitude towards the audiences, because, to me, she doesn't have enough credibility to a point where she can say half the things she does.

Next season, they should change the format and just have one judge: Shane Sparks. Then, they should have him rank the crews every week, with the voters voting between the bottom two crews to eliminate one; that would better suffice to find "America's Best Dance Crew", rather than "America's Most Popular Dance Crew". But hey, that's just me.
    Lil Mama, should NOT be a judge .. I dont know why they even commissioned her to be one. She cant dance, and has no insight .

JC maybe, but not so much, I mean honestly, he was the worst dancer out of Nsync

Quote Originally Posted by JayePeso
    I so agree with this I think they are way over rated. And if the Jabba Wokeez or any other male group did their routine, they would have been eaten up …
    No kiddin'.
    I feel fairly confident that Beat Freaks could not execute, move for move, any of the Quest routines. They just don't have the skills.

Lil Mama gave the tall, red-haired Beat Freak extra credit last week for being a mother, yet I found her locking to be very elementary and didn't understand why she should be given a special mention just because she's given birth
    Quest don't stand a chance if that's the criteria for getting a special mention from LM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Funny how here in the forum is the one place that i've seen people not really enjoy Beat freaks and their recent performance. me? i ain't complaining, i absolutely loved their floating ball gig, and have loved them throughout the entire season. I also love Quest crew, and do believe it should be these two crews in the final two. Still, right at the moment, I'm leaning a bit more towards Beat Freaks. Fly Khicks are cool but I don't think they're good enough for final two, and Strikers All-Stars got the moves, but I just don't get any personality from them, at all.

And am I really the only one here who loves Lil mama? I feel so alone.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

The way the judges pimped Beat Freaks this week was disgusting. I've loved them from the beginning, and I absolutely believe they deserve a spot in the final three. But really! Their routine tonight was weak. Even Fly Kicks could have handled all but the last head spin. The routine didn't even deserve to be on the same stage with the routine Quest did before them.

Then, to add insult to injury, they put Fly Kicks into the top three over Strikers. (even Fly Kicks knew they didn't deserve to be in the final three) How desperate are the producers to have an all female winner?

I thought Quest SERIOUSLY underwhelmed. So I disagree, I think Beat Freaks are way more inventive. Quest is just a cliche of every breaker group out there. All they are is a bunch of tricks, no dance.

Ironically with the name of the show, we rarely ever have a REAL dance crew. Fly Khicks to me is a real dance crew, they do actual choreography. However, they just aren't inventive the way Fanny Pak was.

The producers are desperate for female winners. However, I think at least they found a female crew worthy of winning. They are far superior (both crews) to the other female crews of the past.

+ Reply to Thread