+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 107 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

Re: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

Initially I was not going to watch this show as I needed to weed out the crappier reality tv shows out of my viewing schedule. I channel surfed it and was interested. This show is what Dance Wars should have been. I watched the auditions on Dance Wars and though, huh, why are they singing in a "dance wars". Can't stand American Idol and I wasn't going to listen to singers dancing, that's what "Making the Band" is for. Anyway, I am simply amazed at Dance Crew. Like the produtions and the crowds. I was very sad to see Iconic go as I believe Fysh n Chics is the weakest crew out there. I thought that Fysh n Chicks should have gone last week as their Byonce routine was sparse and lacking in dance ability. They looked like very poor wanabe "video ho's".
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

This is one of those shows that I like parts of.

There are some groups I like watching dance and others that seem to have more attitude than dance moves.

I kinda like the skaters, probably because they are from Indiana too.

It's one of those shows that I flip back and forth during because I like parts and hate other parts! Then again, I'd watch just about anything with Mario Lopez in it!
    "That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger"

I LOVE this show! Its certainly better then "So You Can Think You Can Dance?" by a million.

Kaba for the win!
    Currently Watching: America's Next Top Model c11, I Love Money and Project Runway 5

Want to Win: Lauren Brie (ANTM 11) and Korto (PR5)
    Just Go Away: Analeigh (ANTM 11) and Kenley (PR5)

This Dance show is awesome! Jabawokeez and Kaba Modern are out of this world. I think it's going to be between the two of them in the finals. I am surprised and sad to see Iconic go as well. I think they are in the top 4 and better than Fysh n Chycks, BreakSk8, Status Quo. Those 3 below them are messy and not as tight when they dance. I can't believe Iconic was in the bottom 2 considering that Status Quo was really bad last week while BreakSk8 lack dance moves. Iconic was really good last week. Status Quo should have gone, they're all acrobatics and not enough dance moves, plus there's really only one guy who does the stunts and without his stunts, they can't hold a candle against Iconic. Judges made a mistake, they only put Status Quo thru only because their best guy danced despite the injury (sympathy vote).
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 02-23-2008 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;2809162;
    Judges made a mistake, they only put Status Quo thru only because their best guy danced despite the injury (sympathy vote).
    I don't think it was a sympathy vote. I think they put status Quo through because they have talked a lot about how they like have the "street dancer" element on the show. I think it was more about maintaining a set of crews with diverse dance styles and Status Quo is the only "street dance" crew in the bunch. While you could argue that Iconic also had its unique elements, I don't think they had set themselves apart from the other crews as much. In the big picture, I don't think it makes that much difference because I don't think either crew had (or has) a chance of beating Jabba or Kaba!!

Jabba and Kaba are definitely through to the finals. I think Lil' Mama loves Fysh n Chicks, and Shane loves Status Quo, so Iconic really didn't have a chance. Lil' Mama said she wanted Iconic to be more street, so I can see why they didn't make it in. Too bad. Iconic was awesome!
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

Don't know about that. Because as Li'l Mama said "It all comes down to the task given." And from what I've seen, Iconic did their task (dancing on their backs) far longer than any dance crew. Status Quo (dance upside down) only did their task for 2 seconds which wasn't special either (1 second longer than Kaba's task). If the judging was based on the task 1st and foremost, then Iconic takes the cake....instead they got eliminated. Not good judging, i think. It's also not fair to tell Iconic to take it to the streets when they're not telling others to change their style a bit. The weakest Dance Crew are Fysh and Chicks, BreakSk8, and Status Quo and should have gone home before Iconic. Oh well...at least Jabba and Kaba are still around.

FORT Regular

I'm very surprised at tonight results....I cannot believe the judges chose to keep fish and chicks over live in color. It was the first time that they had to battle while fish and chicks as been there several times....

I just don't get it.

I am surprised that Fysh and Chicks and Skate8 are still here.

What was the challenge? To dance with props?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I've been seeing little snips and bits of this show every so often, and of all the times i watch it, I seem to be most drawn to Kaba Modern(?) I really, really liked the performance i saw today where they were Geeks and Popular girls, they have alot of talent, I hope they win it!!!

+ Reply to Thread