+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 107 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

Re: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

Out of curiosity I checked the MTV site and they have these groups listed for the premier tonight:

BreakSk8 <--- The skating group!!
    Fysh n Chicks
    Enigma Dance Kru
    Iconic
    Femme 5 <--- I wish this one hadn't made it, the other girl group was great
    Kaba Modern
    JabbaWockeeZ
    Live In Color
    Status Quo

Cool thanks, Closet

I liked Status Quo because at least two members of the crew were on the last season of SYTYCD?
    I liked them both during auditions, but the choreography did them in.
    I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do when they have the freedom to dance in their own style.
    I also really liked JabbaWockeeZ.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2785999;
    I liked Status Quo because at least two members of the crew were on the last season of SYTYCD?
    who?

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I liked them both during auditions, but the choreography did them in.
    I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do when they have the freedom to dance in their own style.
    I also really liked JabbaWockeeZ.
    I loved those two kids from Status Quo and immediately recognized them. I can't wait to see what they bring.

fluffster - At the very end of the show, they decided to add a 9th group and the skater boys made it in. And I agree - the girls weren't 'all that'.
    FYI - the first show is tonight at 10:00pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;2786044;
    who?
    SYTYCD = "So You Think You Can Dance"
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

I caught this show as well and was surprisingly sucked into it. Some of the groups were full of great dancers. I do have to say, Randy Jackson might be more irritating on this show than Idol.

I love the show even though I think the girl group Femme5 is it, sucks ass! Why did they even let them through? I am love Status Quo (yes because of the two guys from SYTYCD) and I also like Jabawokeez and the Asian kids dance crew. Those kids got some skills.

-H-

Kaba Modern & JabbaWockeeZ are my favorites. wicked skillz...

I wonder if me, my sister and my best friend are the only ones out there who seriously dislike the skater crew. I cannot stand them, honestly. Something about their Eminem wannabe attitude, and even though some of their tricks are admittedly good, the whole thing got old much too quickly. Heck, in the most recent episode, they didn't even dance at all, they just did two tricks and rolled around a bit! I honestly can't wait to see these guys go, especially now that the Enigma crew is gone, it would leave all the other teams I like.

And yup, I like the Femme 5 crew. I don't see them winning at all, but I appreciate that they try without having a crappy attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by -H-;2788936;
    Kaba Modern & JabbaWockeeZ are my favorites. wicked skillz...
    Those are my faves too. But I hope Kaba takes the crown.

Status Quo is also very good. Femme 5....was surprised they were selected, but they're not too bad.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

The last show was another great one!! These are some very talented dancers!

Kaba Modern & JabbaWockeeZ : These two are by far my favs. After seeing Kaba Modern I was thinking they should just give them the prize now!

Femme 5 : I do not like this group at all. I really thought they should have been out. However, I thought Shane's comment about how their visible underwear should match was really weird.

Fysh n Chicks : I like these girls, but they were noticeably sloppy in their formations. I hope they are better this week!

BreakSk8 : Their shtick is interesting, but the judges were right about the lack of dancing - you can only move so fast on skates. I think they will probably go in the middle of the pack.

Iconic : Their broadway thing is interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing more from them.

Status Quo : They seem like a good bunch and they have some spectacular moves. I like the humor they add into their routines.

Live In Color : I'm not feelin' the judges love for this group. Their routines feel a little frantic to me, but the judges seem to think they are right on point. They must see something I don't (I am certainly far from an expert!)

Enigma Dance Kru : Can't say I'm sorry to see them go...

The one thing that bothers me about this show is the filming during the dance sequences. I would like to see the whole group the whole time and maybe from a few different angles, but their cameras seem to be all over the place: up high, down low, from the front, from the side, close-ups on certain people, repeat... However, it isn't enough to make me stop watching

+ Reply to Thread