+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 107 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

Re: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

I find it funny (and sad) that the bottom two crew happens to have gay guys in them. Coincidence? Arguable. And it sucks that we have millions of people who would judge the crew based on the people rather then the dance itself. Which speaks a lot about our American society these days.

Fanny Pack for the final 3!
    Last edited by PaleHeart; 06-21-2008 at 01:14 PM.
    Currently Watching: America's Next Top Model c11, I Love Money and Project Runway 5

Want to Win: Lauren Brie (ANTM 11) and Korto (PR5)
    Just Go Away: Analeigh (ANTM 11) and Kenley (PR5)

Quote Originally Posted by PaleHeart;3070485;
    I find it funny (and sad) that the bottom two crew happens to have gay guys in them. Coincidence? Arguable. And it sucks that we have millions of people who would judge the crew based on the people rather then the dance itself. Which speaks a lot about our American society these days.

Fanny Pack for the final 3!
    I think it has nothing to do with these guys being gay or not, and who knows maybe they aren't gay, they could just be metro? The main reason why Distorted X landed in the bottom 2 this week was because their dance last week sucked. Yeah, I thought they did a nice job this week, but last week, seriously, it was just as bad as Sass x 7. They deserved it. They were just straight out bad. They just got lucky that the judges didn't have too many other crews to choose from in their regional bracket.

The reason why I think Fanny Pack landed in the bottom 2 is because not everyone is a fan of the 80's. I think they're a great dance crew, and I think they have talent. I love the 80's also, so I enjoy watching them, but I can definitely tell you there are a lot of people out there who condem 80's fashion and music as being one of the worst eras for American pop culture. I also bet a lot of the young MTV viewers these days aren't big fans of the 80's.
    And this life sentence that Iím serving
    I admit that Iím every bit deserving -
    But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair

- Relient K

Quote Originally Posted by RubyPhoenix;3070694;
    I love the 80's also, so I enjoy watching them, but I can definitely tell you there are a lot of people out there who condem 80's fashion and music as being one of the worst eras for American pop culture.
    Oh, that cuts me to the quick! I was a teenager in the 80s and wore A LOT of those same clothes. Would you believe, that I was sorting through a bunch of old stuff that I had in my garage the other day and found my old parachute pants from high school! Hot pink and covered with zippers!! Oh, my kids will never let me live those down!

When I saw that one of the guys had a "Frankie Say RELAX" shirt, I laughed so hard! Looking back, the 80's may have been bad, but it's probably the most easily defined era since the 50s.

A world where 115 is healthy, 120 is plus sized and 125 is morbidly obese

Fanny Pak's fan base startedout microscopic, but it's growing rapidly, as I see on the MTV message boards. They've been in the bottom two twice, and they got saved twice. And there were only two elimination sessions. If America won't put it in the final two, the judges will. The judge's favorite crew is Fanny Pak, so I think they are going to get really far, regardless of America's votes. I also do think it has something to do with the gay guys. I mean the gay community is getting accepted more widely nowadays, but homophobia still reigns supreme, unfortunately. Let's hope there aren't too many homophobics watching this show! I voted for Fanny Pak at least 150 times this week, I hope that's enough!

And on a side note: Whenever Mario, or anyone, says Fanny Pak's name, the crowd goes absolutely crazy insane! They don't do that for other crews, which proves how dedicated their Fannies (my name for Fanny Pak's fans) are.
    Last edited by Shelton; 06-21-2008 at 10:50 PM.

west coast teams was a toughie. they all did good. if team millenia was in another group of teams im sure they would have made it to the next rounds.

What happened last night? I was too tired to watch it live... just saw that SuperCr3w was the first safe.

FORT Newbie

Sass Times Seven was eliminated. It doesn't help that they were up against the Boogie Bots.

FORT Regular

Im so glad Sass is gone, Phresh Select did really good too!

Watched the "video star" episode last night. My thoughts...

A.S.I.I.D. - LOVED them. They were my fav this week. The judges were right, they put a ton of energy into a fairly slow song - that is not easy to do!!

Supreme Soul - Excellent. They did some group moves that felt like they were moving as a collective organism - very cool!!!

SoReal Cru - I was expecting them to be higher on my list. They were very good, but they felt a little slow and I thought they just got outdanced last night.

Super Cr3w - They had some very cool moves. I am looking forward to seeing more from them!!

Xtreme Dance Force - These guys surprise me. Whenever I look at them as a group I think they are going to be complete dorks dancing, but then they always impress me when they start their routine...

Phresh Select - They were okay, but I think the outfits put me off a little. They have some very tall guys and I thought they looked a bit awkward dancing in the suits.

Fanny Pak - Okay again. They were cute, but didn't blow me away. All of the girls in the Gwen Stephani wigs was distracting.

Boogie Bots - I really liked them. They were very good and funny without going over the top.

Sass x7 - SO glad they are gone. They might be okay for a college dance squad, but I didn't think they should have ended up on this show in the forst place.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3084308;
    Watched the "video star" episode last night. My thoughts...

A.S.I.I.D. - LOVED them. They were my fav this week. The judges were right, they put a ton of energy into a fairly slow song - that is not easy to do!!

Supreme Soul - Excellent. They did some group moves that felt like they were moving as a collective organism - very cool!!!

SoReal Cru - I was expecting them to be higher on my list. They were very good, but they felt a little slow and I thought they just got outdanced last night.

Super Cr3w - They had some very cool moves. I am looking forward to seeing more from them!!

Xtreme Dance Force - These guys surprise me. Whenever I look at them as a group I think they are going to be complete dorks dancing, but then they always impress me when they start their routine...

Phresh Select - They were okay, but I think the outfits put me off a little. They have some very tall guys and I thought they looked a bit awkward dancing in the suits.

Fanny Pak - Okay again. They were cute, but didn't blow me away. All of the girls in the Gwen Stephani wigs was distracting.

Boogie Bots - I really liked them. They were very good and funny without going over the top.

Sass x7 - SO glad they are gone. They might be okay for a college dance squad, but I didn't think they should have ended up on this show in the forst place.
    I agree with your entire post, especially about So Real Cru. I was looking forward to their performance, and I was really underwhelmed.

+ Reply to Thread