+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

Re: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew - Thursdays at 10pm on MTV

kabba and jabba were probably splitting votes. i really hope jabba wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;2861434;
    See... that is what I don't understand. How is it that Status Quo, who are not as polished and very chaotic and constantly flipping out, get to the final two??? I hate to say it but I think that they should've been eliminated long ago.
    The kids I work with all vote for them. Same demographic... low income, no studio time, street cred. The kids say that SQ is "real" and, while they really respect Jabba, they kind of look down their noses on Kabba as being "rich" college kids.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I know i said it a few weeks ago and i'll repeat, Status Quo blows chunks.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6;2863199;
    The kids I work with all vote for them. Same demographic... low income, no studio time, street cred. The kids say that SQ is "real" and, while they really respect Jabba, they kind of look down their noses on Kabba as being "rich" college kids.
    Huh, what snobs. First of all I don't care what your background is if you can dance you can dance. This also implies that "real" street crews can't do choreography 'cause SQ can't. They do stunts and after awhile its boring and you can't follow what the heck the routine is about.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2863897;
    Huh, what snobs. First of all I don't care what your background is if you can dance you can dance. This also implies that "real" street crews can't do choreography 'cause SQ can't. They do stunts and after awhile its boring and you can't follow what the heck the routine is about.
    I agree....I thought their "Circus" theme actually fit them quite well...a bunch of jumping...clownish "tricks"...making no sense ....

give them credit.... they are good at tumbling & jumping...but this is about dancing...choreography....bein g together (same moves at the same time)...and stage presence...

IMHO they have none....

I didn't get to watch the show when it first aired, but I caught it over the weekend. I was SHOCKED that Status Quo was the top vote-getter. It made me even more mad that I couldn't get through the call-in lines to vote for Jabba and Kaba last week!!

I do think of those teams that Jabba was the one to move on, but it is sad that we won't truly see the 2 best crews in the final.

I thought the final routine by Status Quo was ridiculous, and NOT in a good way. Conceptually when they said "circus" I thought they might be able to make it work, but then they went and literally made it look like a circus!! On top of that, there is a krumping dance crew in CA that is already using the clown theme (led by Tommy the Clown), so it just looked like they were biting someone else's style.

GO JABBAWOCKEEZ FOR THE WIN!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6;2863199;
    I know someone who's voting for SQ because they need the money more, but this isn't a charity show, its about which team is the BEST DANCE crew.

The thing about seeing Kaba as "rich" college kids is that its all just a huge assumption. College loans anyone? Don't fault someone for going to college.

Rich college kids?! Isn't that an oxymoron? UCI may be in SoCal, but it isn't a private university. I think it is even more impressive that this group consists of college students. They are studying, going to school and dancing.

Not to take anything away from Jabba, but they only have to focus on dancing.

Without a doubt, Jabba is the best of the group, but would have liked to had one more week to see both Kaba and Jabba compete.
    Tahoe bound....

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb;2864835;
    The thing about seeing Kaba as "rich" college kids is that its all just a huge assumption. College loans anyone? Don't fault someone for going to college.
    First, that wasn't my opinion, it was the "objection" voiced by a few low income teenagers. I don't think any of them know anyone who has gone to college or has even seen the inside of a dance studio. It's all point of view. From where they sit (family incomes at minimum wage or less), Kaba is composed of rich people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6;2864926;
    First, that wasn't my opinion, it was the "objection" voiced by a few low income teenagers. I don't think any of them know anyone who has gone to college or has even seen the inside of a dance studio. It's all point of view. From where they sit (family incomes at minimum wage or less), Kaba is composed of rich people.
    I never said it was your opinion, otherwise I would have said, "I disagree with YOU."
    Last edited by Mrs Cwebb; 03-24-2008 at 02:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread